General feedback/suggestion about add-ons.

The most important suggestion here I've been thinking of since Phase 3, is the addition of "Large" add-on variants originally from Paystar 5600TS to other trucks with longer frame, while I didn't address that feedback back then, now with Phase 4 I'd say it fits aswell.
The set of Long Flatbed, Long Sideboard Bed, Expanded Fuel Tank add-ons could be added to Pacific P12 and Azov 73-210, especially the first two that find new use with two 3-slot rocket cargo parts added in Phase 4, which so far only the Paystar 5600TS's add-on let alone can haul (without additional trailer). That addition may play well with the upgrade the Azov gets in Phase 4 already. The DAN 96320 could also benefit of its longer frame add-ons, yet its uniqueness requires additional model changes, which seems like an unnecessary hassle to bother.
alt text

While both flatbed and sideboard addons look and fit quite well with the said trucks, the fuel tank addition may bring some questions of the look (however several other base trucks suffer from the same issue of standard fuel tank add-on)
alt text

Seems like this small addition may improve a little those trucks in relation to Phase 4, given the small amount of work around (which is just reuse unmodified add-ons from Phase 3), I hope for consideration of it, since the ZiKZ 5368 just received similar upgrade of having now the TUZ exclusive Phase 1 add-ons.
While on the topic of "Large" variants, maybe it may be possible for the team to just spend a little time to make a longer variant of Phase 4's Short Logs Carrier for Paystar 5600TS, Pacific P12 and Azov 73-210 to carry medium logs along this same feature of CAT 745C.

ZiKZ 5368 and colorable add-ons
Since the ZiKZ received an upgrade, the Phase 1 TUZ's add-ons are not longer exclusive to that one brand, maybe they could become colorable with one- or two-color scheme (especially since in Phase 1, their main color was heavily related to default color only of both TUZs), just like the Kung add-on happened in Phase 3.

While the Actaeon mudtires are equiped, they happen to pass through front fender upon steering.alt text

The Small Maintainer Module fits well with the Metal Detector, yet the game by default doesn't allow to have then both installed, so far only with Small Sideboard Bed it is possible.alt text

In the topic of colorable add-ons, the Loadstar 1700 Phase 2 skin still is only partially done on its add-ons. alt text

Few other things
The Long Logs Rear Trailer is still missing a part connecting axle to the wheels.alt text

The Sideboard add-on of Azov 4220 Antarctic, not really a bug, but its interest was brought to me so I thought I could mention it too, as it was left unused, seems like quite a finished addition, yet all it is now, is a bit of wasted resources for mesh and texture, I hope someone just forgot once to finish it and release.alt text

Both Stages of Fuel Tank cargo have all their safe belts clipping through 3-slot sideboard bed.alt text

Both CAT CT681 and Western Star 49X when equiped with Short Logs Carrier have their liftable axle wheel to clip through the said add-on.alt text
Going through the files suggest that the CAT 745C Log Carrier supposed to carry also a Short Logs in Phase 4, yet that functionality is not in the game yet, either intentional or not.
After Phase 2 released, the CAT had ability to carry Workers Cabin, it was removed after Phase 3 release and being confirmed by Esorokin to be intentional. Whether or not it was mistake in first place, it gave the CAT a bit of unique use of having another exclusive cargo to haul (besides the base game container, which the cabin fits under container category as well), while the reason of removal wasn't given, I cannot think of any serious one to bother with removing it. So if there's no problem with having it in first place, I believe it will be welcome to add it back.

last edited by Nextej

I'm truly grateful for having Azov given the 3-slot add-ons. I believe it's quite late for any changes to the phase 4 but bugfixes at this point, yet if possible to suggest, I'd like to propose small change to P12 add-ons compatibility. It has the frame long enough to be able to fit loglift crane and small logs carrier without physically colliding with each other. This little unique trait will allow P12 to be the second next to Paystar 5600TS truck able to have both crane + carrier setup.
alt text
A similar case happens to the compatibility between the loglift crane and the metal detector which both have clearly no physical obstacles to not be together.
alt text
I'm afraid there's no really time for this, despite being a little changes to it's XML, as it would rather require to be discussed in terms of balance of this truck.

I'm agree with all of the exposed by @Nextej and also I would like to add something more to the mix, after see that the ZiKZ 5368 get the 1 slot addons I don't understand why the loadstar can have at least the one slot flatbed.I think that will open your options a lot especially in hardcore mode.

Loadstar1slot.jpg

Greetings and keep it improving the game.

@Nextej
we need metal detector only in one map for a couple of tasks, so why not just to forget about it?

crane + logs, and all your other suggestions is great

someday maybe we will ask for separate unique addons for exsoviet and western vehicles, like it was in mudrunner)

@Stazco yeah, I was unsure if it would find any purpose, as I haven't played imandra yet to see a case of needing log crane and metal detector at the same time, yet I'm putting it here for a sake of 'why not', since there's no reason these two couldn't be used together.

last edited by Nextej

I've actually made most of these changes to my game personally and completely agree. They really should take a look at all the trucks add ons and what fits. Plenty of good combinations they could add to the game, in particular giving three slot and one slot bed options to all the trucks they fit on. In addition to what you've pointed out, the one slot loadbeds combined with small crane work great on the Royal and Tayga as they have shorter chassis than the other trucks.

Another tweak I personally like is allowing the steel looking scout wheels from the Chevy Apache to be fitted to all scouts, they really do look good on many of them. Some scouts really benefit from more powerful engine choices too, being stuck with lower end ones.

On the subject of the Azov Antarctic, the van body also looks great on it but isn't availiable for some reason. The Antarctic's modern sideboard bed is also a better fit on many modern trucks than the default sideboard bed. Especially if it was recolourable (same goes for the green Actaeon add ons, make them recolourable so they fit other trucks better).

Oh, and one more thing. The heavy duty high saddle fuel tanker trailer. Why isn't it purchasable? It works fine.

Honestly I can't see any reason for them not to do this stuff. A day of XML editing and suddenly you have a ton more possibilities for players for very little effort. A big improvement for low effort.

last edited by Sparky66

A thing I did not think about earlier, what came to a such missed opportunity, is an ability to have a metal detector on Ford F750 scout, which fits perfectly inbetween cab and the bed. So far the metal detector was only used on regular trucks rather than on scouts, but the F750 had already upgrades that borrows from the first, like regular trailer, so an addition of metal detector shouldn't be that much against the balance in that specific example of this truck.
alt text
alt text
The long logs trailer setup which seems to be a tractor type specific, missed two trucks, the Freightliner M916A1 and the DL 3194. They seems to fit perfectly with the add-ons, yet I see the reason why it finally didn't make it in first place if it was even considered. The long logs (not the trailer, nor add-on) collide a little with both trucks, the possiblity to resolve that issue would be to move the whole cargo model a little bit further away from trucks' models.
alt text
alt text

@Nextej

If you remove the silly "Tayga Style Mudtires" from the ZIKZ, adapt the center of gravity a lot (currently its like a cabin of depleted uranium) and change the wheels to HEAVY as any other RU truck of Taymyr has - Clipping resolved. Without a higher suspension. And you have better mud performance. That truck works by the way "fine" with a crane plus single flatbed. I'd even give the 4x4 Trucks as ZIKZ and C70 due to their inferior traction access to scout trailers.

I agree with the P12 "buffs", that truck needs some love. If you compare the US HEAVY and the RU HEAVY, the difference in performance is way too much. The P12 is for example outperformed by any Voron AE. US HEVAY have at the most 210K torque and access to HEAVY tires, the RU trucks have up to 260K and SUPERHEAVY ones. SUPERHEAVY is 600kg per wheel, HEAVY 200kg.

last edited by JTT

I know the devs got to stick accurately to the licensed vehicle, but since the PHOENIX is getting also other tires that are loosely based on real life ones, could the truck also see Yar 87 or Apache tires used.

alt text wheels_scout_yar_871/mudtires_1 tires on PHOENIX (0.64 in picture)

alt textbigger wheels_scout_yar_871/mudtires_1 tires on PHOENIX without fenders (0.68 in picture)

I've tried to match the in-game tires with an actual footage on PHOENIX with bigger offroad tires.
alt text

alt textwheels_scout_apache_1/allterrain_3 tires on PHOENIX (0.66 in picture)

alt text

Speaking of Apache tires, Bandit still uses wheels_scout_apache_1/offroad_apace_1 on its roofrack, even though the wheels were only available at earlier stages when Bandit was untextured. Maybe the wheels could be added back?
alt text

last edited by Nextej

@Nextej it is definitely cool and realistic with that kind of tyres(The yar ones), and it will help to not sink in soft terrains like crop fields or muddy trails, maybe they could add them like special mud tyres for the Phoenix.

There are also other models of big tyres like the ones some of the agro Phoenix version have, wich are looking similar to the MHS II tyres we already have in game.
alt text

last edited by treneroefc

@Nextej
why ppl need biggest wheels?
is it some complexes?
yar tires are LICENSED, and its special boggers to save terrain, made for special light scouts, and for sure cant withstand with 8x8 loads…

@Stazco dunno, don't like most of the cases, but this one on real life Phoenix makes it feel unique, just looks good imo, personally I'm not looking for something OP to have on new tatra, just purely visual (well, the Yar tires are slightly better than default tatra ones). However I don't know how the game translates the tire properties to determine if the scout wheels can withstand big trucks.

@Nextej said in General feedback/suggestion about add-ons.:

the game translates the tire properties to determine if the scout wheels can withstand big trucks

i think it dont, there are truck mods with yar -trekol wheels, and now almost each default vehicle can have tayga tires, even the tatra duck, although its just impossible, such swamp traktor boggers cannot be installed on most vehicles, and even if it can - you need special prepared suspension and transaxle.

i started this discussion from the realism point of view, definitely trekol wheels cant be used on trucks

@Stazco I think in this case @Nextej use the Yar tires because are the more similar to the real ones that currently have in game and that would save work for the devs instead of making new ones.
Im with him that we don't need a OP tyres (same or similar properties than the other wheels on this truck will be ok), we just only need for the looks, and would be a great addition to be able configure your Phoenix like the real ones working out there.

In my case I try to configure my trucks the most similar to the real ones the game allows, that made me think that we should have a russian and american (a now that we have european trucks other more european) version of all add-ons not only the cranes.
Mudrunner looks more realistic in that matter in my opinion, maybe for future phases they could remade the existing addons, adding russian and american versions.

Any chances for that to happen? A special longer variant of ramped trailer only for the Paystar (and maybe Azov (and maybe P12)).alt text

speaking of "extended" addons
Is there any possibility we'll see medium log add-ons on few specific trucks?alt textalt text
All of them should be able to take also the medium trailer at the same time.
alt text
alt text
Paystar should have ability to have crane + medium log carrier, but that would exclude the trailers.alt text

Also, maybe the two new Tatras could also fit medium log carriers (or at least give the Phoenix the short ones)

Also, also, that metal detector on Ford and crane + carrier on P12 would be really helpful...

@Nextej that would be cool. And I think there are more trucks that could potentially fit the medium log addons, like the Ford CLT9000, and don't know if the P512 is long enough.

And since we have the 3 slots addons for the Azovs don't forget the 3 slot flatbed and the big fuel tank for the P12 too.

P512 and CLT9000 could take medium logs, but never with a logging crane.

The problem with CLT9000 is, that its by current design a useless piece of crap on most maps. Except "Highway Hauling" and "Canadian Shield". As these have long tarmac routes and only a few sections where it needs a bit of help or winching. If you allow the CLT9000 or 4070A the P512 rear tires in 43 with Fleetstar and 46'' with CLT as well as Difflock, these work suddenly and are surprisingly fun. Ok, not on Amur, but on many maps there are transports, where you can make them work.

Apropos addon - please implement a better crane. See for example https://www.liebherr.com/en/ind/products/mobile-and-crawler-cranes/mobile-cranes/liebherr-truck-mounted-telescopic-cranes/ltf-information.html

Youtube Video

alt text

Way better looking and not these "outstanding" anchors than the current implementation. And approximately one trucklength range at 45°. And no, please not for every truck in the game. Azov 64 and 73, on US side the P12, 5600 (maybe even a "tweaked Derry 31") or the new 8x8 Tatra would be suitable. With the Derry 31 you may even think of a military rotator such as
alt text ... see the rear, thats part of the current tatra addon. The crane has clearly less range, but you may add some spare parts and fuel as "recovery".

I personally dislike the looks of the current cranes. Specially on the P12, plainly UGLY.

last edited by JTT

@JTT said in General feedback/suggestion about add-ons.:

The problem with CLT9000 is, that its by current design a useless piece of crap on most maps.

Ford to Imandra.jpg

I only got stuck twice, and one of these was driver error (breaking through ice)
(I mean, the other was probably driver error too, but not quite as avoidable as that)

I'll readily admit it's a challenge, though.

last edited by mendel

With P512 rears or HEAVY CHAINS as well as difflock its way better and still a handful.

And as I have an 8h job plus life besides Snowrunner, I do not need to kill the time in between the seasons by using nonsense trucks. Or try to save the mission by playing "World of Winching".

If you look at it from a tech tree point of view of an RWD US Series:
4070A -> CLT9000 -> P512 -> P16. RWD only, HEAVY dual rears with 3.5 friction. Starting at approx 43'' to 46'' and with P512 and P16 even above. The latter ones should get also some OHD Chains for use in icy regions. And someone should check the center of mass for the P512 and P16, thats a joke. As well as the range and fuel tank of P512.

last edited by JTT

@JTT talking about cranes I would prefer the remade of the current ones to have a better anchors more stable and more hiden on the crane chassis while retracted.
And the inclusion of a proper heavy crane designed to be only a crane( And being really capable of lift heavy stuff)
something like this:
alt text