PTS Update 19/04/2021 (13.7)

Hello, SnowRunners!

A new update is available on the PTS! Changes are the following:

• Added music for Amur Oblast maps
  • Tweaked suspension, steering angle, and wheel offsets for Khan 317 Sentinel
  • Added color schemes for Khan 317 Sentinel
  • Various art fixes and stability improvements

Can't close "Functions" menu by pressing "V" again anymore, have to press "ESC" to close it. Hope this is a bug

Something is very wrong when basic existing functionality keeps breaking.

A Heap of Work - why it is impossible to finish? do not want to take servis trailer...

How about some short logs contracts on the vanilla maps?? i really enjoy michigan's ambiance 💕 im really into going back there to do some short logs missions with the awaited brand new logs frame addon..
Will this ever happen?

last edited by Maiko

Visual models after trucks repair still damaged. Tested by repair in garage and repair by addons/trailers

text alternatywny

https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/55959/snowrunner-hard-mode
Service addons and trailers can be resupplied with repair points in special Resupply zones. These special zones are only available in Hard Mode. Repair points cost money: 1 repair point = 2 convertional units. Repairing one sparing wheel costs 50. Enter resupply zones with service trailed or addon.

Where are these zones on Michigan maps?

last edited by Xandrass

Getting this error since PTS 13.0, Although as long as I don't click OK, Game is running fine but if I click OK then It immideatly close the game....I wonder if it's me or it's happening to other people too.

317fc6c2c26a4187a3909eb25d98e742.jpg

All lighting is gone except for the front one. The darkness is pitch-black on the maps. 13.7 PTS Hadr Mode
Kb6wdE4IdnI.jpg
On a regular server, not a test one, everything works.
hkrTi9OPfwY.jpg

last edited by Johnny33

@Fratzegeballer said in PTS Update 19/04/2021 (13.7):

@Galgan
Same problem here (and maybe how you can solve it):
https://forums.focus-home.com/post/218931

Thanks. Solved another way. Restarted mission, make it whole again and it works. Only difference was: First time I used about 15points of repair from quest-trailer.

Devs, can u remove this stupid condition pls? Nowhere its written down! Or block using that trailer suplies, or change that trailer! thanks.

@SD1ONE Hi ! Strange same to me only 13.3 was ok. have just delete storage ( save game hahaaha ) & videosettings ok but if you quit ..... same problem again

@Unster said in PTS Update 19/04/2021 (13.7):

Something is very wrong when basic existing functionality keeps breaking.

didn’t you say in another PTS update thread that you are “just a spectator here” and you aren’t testing the PTS? if that’s true, why do you consistently come onto the PTS threads and constantly repeat the same, tired gripes? these threads should be left specifically to the people that are testing the PTS.

@throwbuckley You can ask yourself the same question. Why are you here posting your whining? True, I'm not testing the PTS now, but I did in the past. Either way, I'm allowed to monitor PTS development, whether you like it or not.

@Unster apples and oranges. I’m not in here with every single update constantly complaining about the same tired gripes... I’m merely pointing out what you yourself have said.

this is specifically for the players using PTS and feedback to help the devs narrow down bugs and other issues. “monitor” all you want, but it’s not meant for comments on your generalized overall issues with Snowrunner as a game and your obvious personal grievances with the dev team. one need only to scroll through your past comments to notice that. take it to one of the “feedback” channels. Or better yet, just save yourself (and everyone) the time since it’s stuff you’ve said dozens of times now.

@throwbuckley Yet here you are, doing everything but reporting PTS issues. In fact I have yet to see a single bug report from you or any useful contribution. All you do here is give unwarranted praise to the devs and follow me for some weird reason. I have documented hundreds of bugs, including on PTS. Some have even been fixed, while you sit on your butt playing this game like a full-time job. What is your contribution?

And regarding my original comment here, it's true that something is very wrong with the development process when basic existing functionality keeps breaking. Some change is needed. Even though I'm not testing the PTS at the moment, I don't want this broken functionality ported to the live branch. It's happened before, and I'm tired of it.

last edited by Unster

@Unster said in PTS Update 19/04/2021 (13.7):

@throwbuckley Yet here you are, doing everything but reporting PTS issues. In fact I have yet to see a single bug report from you or any useful contribution. All you do here is give unwarranted praise to the devs and follow me for some weird reason. I have documented hundreds of bugs, including on PTS. Some have even been fixed, while you sit on your butt playing this game like a full-time job. What is your contribution?

And regarding my original comment here, it's true that something is very wrong with the development process when basic existing functionality keeps breaking. Some change is needed. Even though I'm not testing the PTS at the moment, I don't want this broken functionality ported to the live branch. It's happened before, and I'm tired of it.

first if you are not playing PTS why post?
according to what process is wrong?
what basic functionality is this broken?
what change is needed?

last edited by JMPaulos

@Unster ...assumptions and conjecture. like I previously stated... I don’t post on the PTS threads. at all. because unlike you, I apparently know what they are for. my original point still stands:
this is specifically for the players using PTS and feedback to help the devs narrow down bugs and other issues. “monitor” all you want, but it’s not meant for comments on your generalized overall issues with Snowrunner as a game and your obvious personal grievances with the dev team. one need only to scroll through your past comments to notice that. take it to one of the “feedback” channels. Or better yet, just save yourself (and everyone) the time since it’s stuff you’ve said dozens of times now.

And if you see @JMPaulos comment to you, I’m apparently not the only one that feels this way. We get it. You hate all of the flaws you feel Snowrunner has, so much so that you won’t ever stop complaining about it on the forum.

@JMPaulos said in PTS Update 19/04/2021 (13.7):

first if you are not playing PTS why post?

I don't post on PTS much. Most of my posts are in other sections. All I want is for the game to get better instead of worse. Is that such a bad thing?

according to what process is wrong? what change is needed?

According to normal software development, which I'm in. Existing functionality should rarely if ever break. If it keeps breaking, and it does a lot with this game, the dev team doesn't know what they're doing and management should correct that.

what basic functionality is this broken?

Just read some of the posts here. Massive drop in fps, headlights not working, etc. There's no reason for this. The devs are adding a new region, trucks and hardcore mode. There's no reason for unrelated things to be breaking. It's just incompetence or carelessness.

Anyway, I haven't posted anything on the PTS forum in days now, other than replies to the gripes here. Just relax.

@Unster
You've posted enough that at this point, multiple different people on the forum are getting fed up of seeing it.
I already posted elsewhere that it seems like lately you're ready to jump on any mention of any bug or issue on the PTS, solely to vent again about your perception that the developers are "incompetent or careless".

...There's no reason for this...

...That you know of. That's exactly what I tried to point out in my other response - as someone with a professional programming background, I'd expect you to be considerably less ignorant than the average no-experience backseat-developer on a forum, and know not to repeatedly insult the intelligence of other professionals based on information you cannot possible have. You don't have access to the source code, you don't have access to their development roadmap, you don't have access to anything besides a compiled result, and you're using bugs in a test build as justification to repeatedly insult people.

I mean, take the framerate drop. Would it not be a far more obvious explanation that it's because they have changed something? Call me naive, but is it not a distinct possibility on the "public test server", that they might just be testing something? What exactly is your basis for knowing this is down to incompetence, and not just something they haven't informed you about because you aren't on the development team?

I say again, especially given your professional background - consider how you would feel if someone felt entitled to repeatedly critisize and insult your work without any possible way of knowing anything about your plans, methods, intentions, etc, etc.

I don't know the details of your professional background, but I'd guess that you don't have experience of large-scale game development environments... because your comments smack of "just enough information to be dangerous" - thinking that knowing what you do gives you sufficient insight into all other related areas of expertise to cast judgement.
It doesn't.