Hard Mod .... Free Repair in the Garage !!!!! ????

Hard Mod .... Free Repair in the Garage !!!!! ????
If I go to the Garage with the damaged vehicle and enter the development menu (anywhere) and then exit the garage then the vehicle will be repaired for free !!!! ???
Guess this is not how it was designed ???
In Videoban, I hope you can see the process of this kind of repair ...

link text

I'd suggest reporting a bug on the PTS with a little less exasperated !!!!s and ????s, and just aim for clarity.

To summarize - by entering the "Customize" section in the garage, and entering a sub-category (without changing any parts), a truck will have all damage repaired without cost.

I just confirmed the bug myself in the latest build.

The odd thing is, it doesn't repair visual damage effects - the crumpling persists correctly.

@endy-papp Hello!
Can you share any screenshots \ videos so we could see the issue?

@lun_wing

His first post has a link to his video.

@lun_wing said in Hard Mod .... Free Repair in the Garage !!!!! ????:

@endy-papp Hello!

link text

@lun_wing said in Hard Mod .... Free Repair in the Garage !!!!! ????:

@endy-papp Hello!

The error still exists, even after 13.5

@grimdanfango said in Hard Mod .... Free Repair in the Garage !!!!! ????:

I'd suggest reporting a bug on the PTS with a little less exasperated !!!!s and ????s, and just aim for clarity.

I get that, but on the other hand, if Saber put really a little more effort into quality control, even on the PTS branch, all would be better. They need to stop throwing changes over the fence and do a little testing on their side too.

@endy-papp thank you for the provided info!
Right now this is a known issue and we are working on a fix.

@Unster
I really think people need to stop expecting a dependable experience from a test server. It's entirely their prerogative if they want to throw out certain changes just to get feedback, even if they're fully aware that the changes broke some other system temporarily.

Development doesn't follow a strict "fix things and everything ends up incrementally better at all times" path, no matter how careful and methodical anyone involved is. Changes of any kind break things, or reveal unexpected new issues, etc, etc.

Seriously, if you expect anything except a baseline of bugs and instability from a test server, you really need to stop testing. This isn't a service they're providing to us, and they aren't obliged in any way to make it a smooth experience. Test if you're interesting in testing, not if you're just interested in getting to play new content early.

last edited by grimdanfango

@grimdanfango I get that, I'm a programmer for a living myself. But the quality here is really atrocious. Of course, they're not providing a service to us with the PTS. We are providing the service to them! I was just giving them a hint on what would make it work better. And no, I'm lately not testing the PTS. I have it uninstalled.

@Unster
You seem extremely ready to jump on literally any-and-all threads about every bug on the PTS lately, to decry Saber's supposed lack of competence.

As a programmer yourself, I would think you'd have some consideration for what you can't possibly know about the complications involved in a project that you yourself aren't privy to the source-code for, and all the other logistical complications that might be involved, working to tight deadlines, etc, etc.

The limited professional coding experience I have has only ever lead me to marvel at the feats game developers can manage in what must be constantly difficult managerial conditions and under the pressure of constant, largely-uninformed and unreasonable expectations from their audience.

Accept you can't know more than a tiny fraction of what's involved in someone else's project, and cut the guys some slack.

last edited by grimdanfango

@grimdanfango I have over 2 decades of professional programming experience. I've been a gamer even longer than that. I would go easy on a new developer who's not fully competent yet but who's trying hard and listening to the community. I welcome new talent like that. But Saber is none of those things. They were OK when they still had Pavel. He was the brains behind this game genre, starting with Spintires. But SR has clearly suffered without his skill. The people working on SR now, with the exception of the artists who've done a really nice job on the assets, not only lack competency, but motivation and interest in community feedback as well. It's a sad situation, because the game concept and assets are really nice. The execution and programming are terrible.

Anyway, didn't mean to derail this thread. If you want to continue this discussion, let's take it elsewhere.

last edited by Unster