SnowRunner Hard Mode

Players can now start a new save in hard mode. Here are the rules for this new game mode:

1. There are no objectives/objects markers on minimap, except markers for unloading zones. There is no option to enable\disable them. Markers are replaced by marker areas.

2. Recovery costs money. Price differs for types of trucks.

• Scout - 2000
  • Highway - 2500
  • Heavy duty and offroad - 5000
  • Heavy - 8000
  1. Auto loading costs money (150 for 1 piece of cargo)

2. All vehicles are sold for 50% of purchasing price

3. Player can not sell trailers, only utilize them

4. Repair in a garage costs money. Refueling in a garage is disabled. Players can only fully repair cars, without the option to repair separate parts. Full repair price differs for trucks types

• Scout - 1500
  • Highway - 1500
  • Heavy Duty -2500
  • Offroad - 2500
  • Heavy - 5000
  1. Contests become unavailable after 3 attempts.

2. Fuel costs money. Price for 1 litre/gallon differs on stations (~2-5 for litre/gallon).

3. Service addons and trailers can be resupplied with repair points in special Resupply zones. These special zones are only available in Hard Mode. Repair points cost money: 1 repair point = 2 convertional units. Repairing one sparing wheel costs 50. Enter resupply zones with service trailed or addon.

4. Deployin in a garage costs money, if it was previously retained in a different garage.

• Deploy within 1 region price - 1000
  • Deploy in the other region price - 3500
  1. Matchmaking with Hardmode
  • If the player created a session with Hard Mode, only players with existing Hard Mode save will be able to connect to the host with Hard Mode vice versa.
  • The player with Hard mode will be able to find a game with Hard Mode players.
  • If the player invites another player and their saves settings don't match, he will be warned with the opportunity to end the connection.
last edited by Madorren

Is there a trick to enter HC mode?
Hitting HC box does nothing.
Continue Game is not in HC mode. Thanks

Hi.
Yes please, how can we transfere current save to Hardcore mode?
After 13 days of playing Snowrunner (+300 hours), I will not restart a completly new game to play Hardcore.
I was waiting this mode from the first day... But with level and ameliorations hidden on maps... it's a huge investisment !
And I will not do it.

Please give us the opportunity to play Hardcore without Level and ameliorations hidden in this case, just put money on it purchase it and that's all.
Any other solution? I'm so disappointed by this issue.

last edited by Albazz

@Jellyfoosh said in SnowRunner Hard Mode:

Players can now start a new save in hard mode. Here are the rules for this new game mode:

1. There are no objectives/objects markers on minimap, except markers for unloading zones. There is no option to enable\disable them. Markers are replaced by marker areas.

2. Recovery costs money. Price differs for types of trucks.

• Scout - 2000
  • Highway - 2500
  • Heavy duty and offroad - 5000
  • Heavy - 8000
  1. Auto loading costs money (150 for 1 piece of cargo)

2. All vehicles are sold for 50% of purchasing price

3. Player can not sell trailers, only utilize them

4. Repair in a garage costs money. Refueling in a garage is disabled. Players can only fully repair cars, without the option to repair separate parts. Full repair price differs for trucks types

• Scout - 1500
  • Highway - 1500
  • Heavy Duty -2500
  • Offroad - 2500
  • Heavy - 5000
  1. Contests become unavailable after 3 attempts.

2. Fuel costs money. Price for 1 litre/gallon differs on stations (~2-5 for litre/gallon). Addons, trailers and semi trailers with repair points can be “restored” in special zones, available only in this mode.

• 1 restoring point price - 2
  • Restoring 1 spare wheel - 50
  1. Service addons and trailers can be resupplied with repair points in special Resupply zones. These special zones are only available in Hard Mode. Repair points cost money: 1 repair point = 2 convertional units. Repairing one sparing wheel costs 50. Enter resupply zones with service trailed or addon.

2. Deployin in a garage costs money, if it was previously retained in a different garage.

• Deploy within 1 region price - 1000
  • Deploy in the other region price - 3500
  1. Matchmaking with Hardmode
  • If the player created a session with Hard Mode, only players with existing Hard Mode save will be able to connect to the host with Hard Mode vice versa.
  • The player with Hard mode will be able to find a game with Hard Mode players.
  • If the player invites another player and their saves settings don't match, he will be warned with the opportunity to end the connection.

This post is dated 11/23

@secelit3 said in SnowRunner Hard Mode:

This post is dated 11/23

I see that but it's reposted and Ver 13 is live on PTS with new maps. 🙂

I really dont see the point of 7. Contests become unavailable after 3 attempts.

Other than that, players ask for a better simulation/hard mode since game release. I suppose we should be happy with what we get

well, great news!

i wish us luck, and hope pts testers will be seasoned and smart players!
they can eliminate bugs and waste, improve and maybe even deepen HM!

as for my thoughts so far:

• fuel price 2$/l is ok, i play with 1/l but can handle double price
  • repair price 2$/p is a bit small, i pay (via excel file) 5/p, and also pay decent $ for maintenance (each 50 km...we need individual vehicles mileage in any mode!!).
    will see
  • strange (unrealistic) restriction for only full repairs in garage...will see
  • i like deployment fee, makes sense
  • 50% selling cost - great
  • new objectives markers system...interesting, i like it
last edited by Stazco

@gbeeTen

If you mean the HC box in the title screen: After hitting this, your browser opens (maybe) in background to this thread. To play a hardcore, you must start a new game... there you can choose the HC mode.

@Fratzegeballer

Thanks, I'll be giving it a miss then, the map is hard enough, troll snow, troll trees, heavy mod trucks stranded already ~ massive campaigns ~

Am I wrong? Spintires/MudRunner, Could we choose to start a saved game in SC if we had already played in HC? & Visa Versa. ?

🙂

50% selling cost - so you will see everywhere Vorons, Taygas and the AZOV64. Thats really killing the diversity in using Trucks.

With respect to fuel price - with current mechanics in mind, that manual AWD and DIFFLOCK has a fuel penalty, the AUTO doesn't have it - also "great". Thats quite restricting the number of trucks most players will use.

Edit: If you would give each truck an individual score (so manual diff/AWD gets a higher than AUTO-aWD/DIFF), you could make the game a bit more flexible. Cash could be always the same, but the XP could vary. The weaker a truck, the better your score.

last edited by JTT

Ok here is my opinion on the changes to the Snowrunner which will turn the regular game into a hard game.

1. From what's described, I'm fine with this.

2. I think this is ok, I think this might require around 5 -10 free recovery passes for the beginning when you have little to no money. Otherwise you might need to start again as early as 1 hour in due to a lack of money and a lack of trucks to swap to.

3. I agree with this, I think that the Caterpillar with the pallet fork should be added/moved to Michigan to promote more manual loading.

4. I think it should be 75% minus any damage currently applied to the vehicle, assuming that it is not auto repaired in garage due to repair cost being added.

5. I disagree with this a tonne. If I am done with a region I want to sell all my stuff and move on to the next. If I'm not able to sell my trailers I will be leaving 100k+ behind in an unusable waste of money. At the very least you should reduce the sell price to 50 - 75% of buy price. I want to gain my money back and clear the region when I'm done.

6. I think you should be able to deliver fuel to a garage and refuel your vehicles there for free, since you already paid for the fuel at a petrol station. I disagree with the repairing. You have added multiple part repair so let us use it, not doing so is removing features and restricting how we spend our in game money. By allowing us to decide what specific parts to repair your are giving us more freedom in the game and promoting a more strategic mindset when managing money - especially when money is very low. I think repair price should be based on the number of repair points being spent I don't want to be charged £5,000 just to repair some suspension with 3 points of damage on it.

7. I disagree with this. make them infinite or make retries after 3 attempts cut a small amount of the completion pay because as soon as you have failed to complete a non repeatable contest its the same as game over for completionists like me. I need that 100% completion no matter what.

8. I like this and I think each garage should have one of these zones. I don't want to drive across 2 damn maps to get a spare wheel for my trailer/truck.

9. Again I think these need to be at garages + wild locations.

10. I am fine with same region retain/deploy price but I believe forcing people to pay to go into a different region is restricting player freedom too much. If I want to play snowrunner I can play it for hours at a time. If I get bored I know that I can switch regions for a new change of scenery, new handling on my favourite trucks and different styles of missions maybe even completing more of my favourite types of missions. By essentially adding a toll fee onto this you are lowering the likelihood of people continuing to play the game after they get bored. Simply put, by charging us a toll fee when we are bored makes us more likely to change game than change region.

11. I like this, this is what should be expected.

Overall I love the addition of a hard mode (hardcore was one of my favourite parts of mudrunner and OG. spintires) however as described I think that this list needs major changes in some areas.

Why don't you give me hard mode, why don't you?

I'm playing softcore on Imanda MKII on steroids, with millions of gallons of troll snow and a forest of 'THAT TREE' they are everywhere. They go out of their way to spear my trucks, they are more like attacking Octopi.

Back in the old days when a map like this is released I used complain to the Modder for making a deliberate truck and monster truck defeating map. I'd delete the map and get something else.

Really guys? Now we were going to get into complaining about the difficulty of hard mode? It’s optional, meaning that you don’t have to play it to enjoy the full experience of the game. Meaning there is no reason to complain about hard mode. It’s simple, if you want to play it, play it. However, complaining about hard mode is just stupid. Again, the full experience is offered in the standard mode. Ridiculous.

When you complain about something completely optional, it makes you look like a self entitled prick (spade a spade)

Complain about bugs and other things that matter.

last edited by secelit3

It is real funny to read some of the posts here. It is clear some have totally missed the purpose of this thread. To address the complaints on hard mode. It is simple don't play it if all you want is easy stuff hence the name hard mode. As far as the person who wanted to just move current game to hard mode vs starting over because he has 300 plus hrs and refuses to start over. Bo Hoo I have 1000 plus hrs and will gladly start over because it is hard mode not let's start a new game owning everything. Simple answer is hard mode is not for you so don't play it. Only thing I can't find so far is where to refill the repair trailer as there is supposed to be a refill point but so far it is not in the usual expected places so I will keep looking.

@JTT How is it killing it?? It stops people from buying high priced equip to do a job and then just selling it and getting what they paid. It forces a player to think about their actions and purchases.

@secelit3

well, im afraid SR HM is very very raw, im almost sure noone tested it thoroughly.
so its a big and very important job for pts testers, next for us in full game, and only in 1-2 years we will have HM you can be proud and can recommend to a friend.

so feedback is essential, but im agree with you we didn’t have it so far, just motiveless complains.

more time is needed, and for sure HM will be adjusted many times, i hope after seasoned players feedback, not from just loud lazy guys.

last edited by Stazco

@Jellyfoosh said in SnowRunner Hard Mode:

Service addons and trailers can be resupplied with repair points in special Resupply zones. These special zones are only available in Hard Mode. Repair points cost money: 1 repair point = 2 convertional units. Repairing one sparing wheel costs 50. Enter resupply zones with service trailed or addon.

So I have unlocked entire map driven to all points but have not found where we can refill service trailer or add on as stated. Could you please give a clue as to where you have hidden it? I have also tried at both trailer places and only option is to destroy or buy additional trailer.

@secelit3

I am not complaining that a "hard mode" exists. My main complaint is, that the game mechanics supporting this mode (and having a reward for a challenge / complexity) simply do not exist. Truck cost vs performance? Not really existing. Like someone had thrown some dices or used random number generators. Auto-AWD/DIFF vs manual? Not close to a balance with respect to fuel consumption / capability. The possibilities at all are there, these were simply either not put in place or anyhow balanced.

I have not been asking for a hardcore mode, therefore I won't test it. Especially as feedback is mostly ignored - see the levitating pole on Wisconsin, from gameplay point of view very poorly designed trucks as the Derry 45 (engine), BOAR (tires) or P12 (Engine), SD114 (everything), ZIKZ (center of gravity) .... you name it.

last edited by JTT

@JTT said in SnowRunner Hard Mode:

@secelit3

I am not complaining that a "hard mode" exists. My main complaint is, that the game mechanics supporting this mode (and having a reward for a challenge / complexity) simply do not exist. Truck cost vs performance? Not really existing. Like someone had thrown some dices or used random number generators. Auto-AWD/DIFF vs manual? Not close to a balance with respect to fuel consumption / capability. The possibilities at all are there, these were simply either not put in place or anyhow balanced.

I have not been asking for a hardcore mode, therefore I won't test it. Especially as feedback is mostly ignored - see the levitating pole on Wisconsin, from gameplay point of view very poorly designed trucks as the Derry 45 (engine), BOAR (tires) or P12 (Engine), SD114 (everything), ZIKZ (center of gravity) .... you name it.

Well, I can’t speak to your poorly designed argument because I’m not going to speculate. The trucks as they are feel fine to me. I tend to believe that the trucks were designed the way they were to create diversity and also to give them the feeling of being heavy and lumbering machines. People say fix the heavies! They aren’t powerful enough. I say leave them alone. Sure they feel underpowered at times, but without feeling that way, would the experience be as immersive?

Do the mod creators have the right idea, by tweaking these trucks to be more powerful, with great traction etc. In my experience, with testing the majority of mods, I say that this concept actually ruins the Snowrunner experience. Snowrunner isn’t real life. These developers aren’t designing real trucks. There is a reason why other game developers haven’t tried this type of a game. Creating an immersive, realistic off-road experience with trucks is challenging. I believe they design their trucks in the way that fits how they want the experience to feel. They gave us mods for an alternative experience. We should let the developer’s trucks be.

As to hard-mode and how it now stands. The game is mostly the same, but now you have to manage your cash. Also, there is risk, because choosing the wrong strategy, could be costly or end your game altogether. Your trucks are no longer repaired automatically when it enters the garage, so it forces you to drive much more carefully. Fuel now costs so you must strategically, choose your routes, engines, trucks, and trailers. You are no longer allowed to sell your trailers so you are forced into utilizing the tools available to you. We don’t need a new experience to enjoy hard-mode. We don’t need tweaked trucks and terrain changes. We need an experience that makes us use our heads and carries extreme risks and consequences when we don’t. This hard-mode is brilliant!

last edited by secelit3

@secelit3 said in SnowRunner Hard Mode:

This hard-mode is brilliant!

This evening I'm going to try HC on Michigan, it's the only map I feel I'd have the slightest chance. Keeping my experience in my mind, I could not make a living out of the early game, I restarted several times.

Then mods were released and someone made a cheap mod pack, with these cheap trucks I made a living and broke out to the other maps etc.