PTS Update [04/02/2021]

Hello SnowRunners!

We're happy to announce that the Phase 4 is now available on the Public Test Server!

It includes a lot of content, including work in progress, like trucks not having textures yet. As always, your constructive feedback is much appreciated ♥

The update comes with the following changes:

New Content

New Region: Amur Oblast [DLC]
  • Urska River
  • Cosmodrome
  • Northern Aegis Installation
  • Chernokamensk
New trucks [DLC]
  • ZiKZ 605-R
  • Khan 317 Sentinel
New skins [DLC]
  • ZiKZ 5368
  • TUZ 420 "Tatarin"
  • Azov 64131
New trials
  • Escape from Tretyakov
  • The Slope
  • Tumannaya Pass
  • Aftermath
New game mode: Hard mode
  • Disabled ability to sell trailers (utilize only)
  • Disabled "Skip Time" option
  • Selling trucks for 50% of their cost
  • Paid vehicle recovery
  • Paid vehicle deploy
  • Paid repair in the garage
  • Paid auto cargo loading
  • Paid refuel on refuel stations
  • Implemented search areas for objective on a minimap instead of direct markers
  • Contests become unavailable after 3rd attempt

5 new hood ornaments

Bug fixes

• Fixed a bug where Semi-Trailers were not attached properly to the truck’s saddle in some cases
  • Fixed a bug where the client received an unlimited amount of cargo when unloading cargo onto the loading platform in the ‘Framing’ zone
  • Fixed a bug where the truck engine automatically turned on after it has been stalled without any player input
  • Fixed a bug in co-op where the value in counter for created cargo in "Сargo crafting" window increased by 2 points for a single created cargo and decreased after that to the correct value
  • Fixed overlapping text in unloading pop-up in the contract Paper Factory, Section C in Wisconsin
  • Reduced transparency for "Total fuel" line in generator popup
  • Fixed a bug where Log-loader crane grab rotation controls were reversed
  • Fixed a bug in co-op where the sound of anchors looped for another player if the player returns from a long distance
  • Fixed a bug in co-op where the amount of ‘Fuel in the generator’ was not immediately updated in the crafting menu
  • Fixed a bug where a player lost all unpacked logs in single-player after loading logs in co-op
  • Fixed a bug where the client lost the ability to load cargo after trying to simultaneously load cargo with the host
  • Fixed a bug where players were unable to load medium logs from Central Log Station in Drowned Lands
  • Fixed a bug when in some cases mods were stuck in a queue on PC or were not downloaded due to an unknown error
  • Fixed a bug where Oil Rig Drill did not respawn with the restart of the Derrick Delivery task
  • Fixed controls issues with Logitech G923 wheel

Trucks changes

• Improved camera set up in customization screen for 'Caterpillar CT680'
  • Fixed a bug where the frame of Azov 42-20 Antarctic and Caterpillar 745C stayed in the same position as it was while entering the garage
  • Fixed a bug where mudflaps of Azov 42-20 Antarctic were stretched to the side after exiting the garage and had no collision
  • Tweaked steering knuckles on the Western Star 49X front wheels

Additions

• Added warning message box for a situation where a player has a lot of cargo in the trailer and some of it maybe be removed on cargo packing
  • Improved distance display in miles in missions that involve Seismic vibrator
    Added an option to display only modded trucks in the 'Truck Storage' and 'Truck Store'
  • Added an option to turn on/off the engine of the towed vehicle

Modding

• Added metal detector functionality in the game editor
  • Added crafting zones
  • Added generator zones
  • Added logging zones
  • Added zones for manual-only cargo unload
  • Supported custom mutators and brushes
  • Added an ability to set DLC requirements in truck mod files, which allows tweaks for DLC trucks
  • Supported custom cargo
last edited by Netheos

@Madorren said in PTS Update [04/02/2021]:

Added an option to turn on/off the engine of the towed vehicle

Finally

last edited by elDakh

cheers looking forward to it

This is exciting, thank you for the information ✌

1.Is it possible to have a total controle on Day Time? it should be good to have the option to block during a day or a night if we want. Skip, don't skip.. and block.

2.After concerning the Hardcore mode.. I was waiting for... "more" than the just option to pay for every things...

3.And it was a dream to have the possibility to "save locations" of trucks for co-op parties or a recovery system in case of crashs for exemple.

last edited by Albazz

Awesome that the legendary MAZ 535 is returning from mudrunner, I have been hoping for this since day one! Maybe we will eventually see other classic soviet trucks like the K-700 or KrAZ-255 come back too? Great work guys really looking forward to this one.

Trucks changes

• Tweaked steering knuckles on the Western Star 49X front wheels

👏 👏 👏 😊 😎 🙌

Additions

• Added an option to display only modded trucks in the 'Truck Storage' and 'Truck Store'

👍 👍 👍

last edited by bellerophon

1 what does the new Hood ornaments look like 2 I thought they were going To add A lot more trucks than that 3 still waiting on the caterpillar ct681.

The new short log carriers look phenomenal. Great job devs! Also, I am really enjoying the changes made to the feel of the PF512. It feels heavier and much better! The old version just felt unfinished.

Hard Mode is going to be brutal! I love it

last edited by secelit3

Undocumented change for ZiKZ 5368, it received all TUZ exclusive addons from Phase 1 and Tayga tires alt textalt textalt text
Looks pretty nice (trust me, without Tayga tires and in action it's awesome)

All it needs now is being able to be colored (on TUZs too)

last edited by Nextej

Cosmodrome

Bonjour, problème de passage Cosmodrome dès que l'on veut y aller, le jeu plante. Donc Impossible de jouer sur cette carte Cosmodrome.
En revanche Urska River et Northern Aegis Installation, ça fonctionne très bien.

I noticed that mods do not get updated at all on PTS. Installing new once via subscription is no problem, but all updates have to be done manually for now. Might be a bug.

This post is from 4'th of February. Did they just update the content or something from an older post?
It does say @Madorren wrote/edited the post on the 1'st of April. Kinda odd.

Regardless of the odd topic dates, i might as well post this again.

White Star: fenders clips most attachments.
CT680: petrol tank collides with metal detector. However, very minor.
CT680: rear wheels are twitching in garage when attaching fuel tank.
CLT9000: fenders clips log carrier front. Noticeable when turning.
4070A: loading crane touches petrol tank on both sides. However, extremely minor.
C70: low fifth wheel is incorrectly placed.
Dan: low fifth wheel is incorrectly placed.
Dan: Spare wheel clips fuel tank.
Dan: Spare wheel clips flatbed front mount.
Dan: Spare wheel clips sideboard bed. However, very minor.
P12: maintenance addon ladders clips left rear wheels.
BM17: loader crane clips spare wheel.
Zikz: fenders clips log carrier front. Very noticeable when driving.
Azov 5319: fenders clips log carrier front. Noticeable when turning.
Azov 64131: fenders clips log carrier front. Noticeable when turning.
Azov 73210: fender clips log carrier front. Noticeable when turning.
M916A1: loader crane clips left rear wheels.
49X: Left front axle steering knuckle incorrectly angled. Fixed
Cargo: Changes weight depending on situation.
Lights: Overpowered light sources, many maps have artificial light sources that are extremely oversaturated as if they were powered by their own sun. This can be signs, lamps etc. Example: https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/57790/light-brightness-wisconsin-in-general
All trucks: Loader crane not attached to frame, you can see gaps between the loader crane and the frame when loader crane is moving when driving.
All trucks: Rotary or flashing lights do not cast any light. Either on environment, other trucks or the truck the lights are installed on. Should either be reworked or removed.

last edited by idiocracy

@bellerophon said in PTS Update [04/02/2021]:

I noticed that mods do not get updated at all on PTS. Installing new once via subscription is no problem, but all updates have to be done manually for now. Might be a bug.

There's a way to symbolic link two directories. Both games reads from the same directory. Test reads from live's mod folder, only download your mods 1 time instead of 2.
If test isn't updating, just launch live and let it do it. Test will read the updated files when relaunched. Forum search is broken atm. so can't link to the post.

last edited by idiocracy

@idiocracy Ok interesting. But you don´t know how to link them yourself?

@bellerophon said in PTS Update [04/02/2021]:

@idiocracy Ok interesting. But you don´t know how to link them yourself?

Don't remember how to. But i have made a how to post. But as search isn't working i can't find it.
But basically you delete the mod folder from test, then create a link to live's mod folder. Test will then read live's mod folder. It's not just a shortcut, it's kinda like a higher form of shortcuts where the game can't tell the difference between the symbolic link and the real directory.

Edit: found it.

@idiocracy said in Generic hint regarding Mods and Live Version (or: How to avoid double mod-download with PTS and live):

Ok so it works, but not in powershell "mklink : The term 'mklink' is not recognized" but it works in cmd.
So you need to delete the directory you want to link to.
To link to .modio directory for beta, you need to delete that directory and link it like this. Remember the quotations for paths that has spaces in it.

mklink /J "C:\Users\Username\Documents\My Games\SnowRunnerBeta\base\Mods\.modio" "C:\Users\Username\Documents\My Games\SnowRunner\base\Mods\.modio"

Afterwards if you go to the beta mods folder, you'll see a new .modio shortcut dir.Udklip.PNG

last edited by idiocracy

Would it be possible for ZIKZ 605R to have a separate roof rack and the green repair box/spare wheel instead of those two being one addon as it is right now?

I could'nt find any new skin for Tuz Tatarin & Azov 64131 which are mentioned in this update notes. However I did find Zikz 5968 new skin.

@SD1ONE looks like the skins either not ready or they forgot to ship it, no trace of it in files.

Anyone noticed that on the Khan 317 sentinel’s steering wheel it says “tuz”?