What do you think that Necromunda need to be a epic game?

Hello everybody, first of all, say it's a great game ... but not an epic one right now.
What do you think the game needs to improve?
There goes my list:

• Better IA (actually is so easy to win :S)
  • Any "random" map. This is a scenary that have warfog and cannot select where we deploy, similar that has on Mordheim (and is on Necromunda wargame).
  • Possibility of creating a campaign only online with friends, that would be brutal and would extend the useful life of the game.
  • Exclusive weapons for each gang (for example, Orlok is so prob to play with bolters, but not with laser or plasma. Van Saar have a lot of plasma and laser but not machinegun, etc... ItΒ΄s an easy way to made more differents the gangs. On the wargame it works like this.
  • obviously, the future DLC incoming (i will think): brutes, pets and more gangs.

Necromunda is a so good game, but actually is not an epic game, i think. What do you think?

last edited by Vil
  • Better AI ( for sure)
  • Adjustment to weapon damage for ALL weapons ( etc, plasma weapons should be much better, autoguns should not be as strong)
  • Leaders should be allowed to have any weapon, no restrictions like deadeye only or brawler only
  • new equipment that has benefits to stats....( photo goggles, scanner, smoke Grenades that block los/targeting etc)
  • I second the exclusive weapons for certain gangs
  • New maps
  • Interactive terrain ( sentient plants, spore clouds, poisonous/corrosive gas, etc)

Lol, so many more ideas but, the developers can’t do everything πŸ™‚

@Leonatus76 said in What do you think that Necromunda need to be a epic game?:

• Better AI ( for sure)
  • Adjustment to weapon damage for ALL weapons ( etc, plasma weapons should be much better, autoguns should not be as strong)
  • Leaders should be allowed to have any weapon, no restrictions like deadeye only or brawler only
  • new equipment that has benefits to stats....( photo goggles, scanner, smoke Grenades that block los/targeting etc)
  • I second the exclusive weapons for certain gangs
  • New maps
  • Interactive terrain ( sentient plants, spore clouds, poisonous/corrosive gas, etc)

Lol, so many more ideas but, the developers can’t do everything πŸ™‚

I second this, also, I dunno about you guys but I feel like some of the skill tree could be revamped, I feel like there's a basic Meta in the game that pushes you toward a select few skills and that the rest seem underwhelming and obsolete.

I want some variety when it comes to making a character and I feel this is currently lacking.

For me, it is mainly the Cawdor & Delaque gangs that are missing to make the game more spicy. And, of course, I would like to have a 3rd hair style for the Escher leaders (or the option of keeping the hair of the ganger who becomes the chef).
Otherwise, I love this game.:smiling_face_with_open_mouth_smiling_eyes:

Something to do in Operations πŸ™‚

So that would be higher tier weapons having different graphics and a weapon upgrade system, gun sights, ammo, etc all the stuff that's in any decent shooter/looter.

All the equipment from the tabletop.

Unique gang weapons, actually make the gangs feel different.

What I really, really want to see at some point down the road is the implementation of a proper territory system. One of the many things I loved about the original TT was getting access to a tasty new bit of territory and finding out what it gave you.
In this your territory is the same four options, everytime, every operation.

As such I'd love to see a map get added where you can gain control over sections and each section would contain some kind of territory. Maybe a Gun Shop granting you a small cash boost and the chance of a weapon upgrade. Or a Slag Mine where can you send you excess gang members off to work, but there's a chance for them to pick up an injury. Just look at the original TT list it's all right there πŸ™‚
Then after choosing your difficulty level, a randomly generated map is created and each gang starts with a random territory. You then play it out as Operations work now, but you actually get to acquire some new territory if you win.
This gives the player incentive to hire extra gangers because you need to either work or protect these new territories.

I totally realise that is a huge amount of work and there's maybe a 1% chance of it happenning, but I think that would make this a really great game.

For me this game needs to be closer to the table top. You have a gang that takes time to build up. You need to take and hold territory for the chance for the bonuses. You need excess gangers to work your territories. Weapons, equipment and skill trees that are specific to certain gangs.

A map mode that is a spire of Necromunda, where you have to take and hold territories while trying to climb your way up the spire, eventually having to fight spyrers. When you get strong enough you can get missions from arbites to investigate a chaos or genestealer cult, Cawdor can get ops from ecclisiarcy or something like that for each gang and potential patrons. Doing these things can earn renown or respect or whatever to cement your clime up the spire. End goal is to displace a gang or minor house and get out of the underhive permanently.

Also, customisable HQs.

If there's X number of spaces for Loot, let us decide what goes where. Same goes for Landmines and Barricades. It's OUR HQ after all, let us play how we want to, remember πŸ˜‰
Same can go for the paint scheme.

And on the subject of HQs, when we go to the gang management screen how's about showing them in the HQ πŸ™‚ if there were some simple idle animations we could feel more like it actually was a HQ and a gang, rather than some dudes standing in a line up in front of a static background.
Deadeyes could be up on towers doing look out duty.
Mechanic fixing stuff.
Leaders looking at maps or talking to another ganger.
Brawlers practicing on a target dummy.
Sabatouers making a bomb.
Have a couple of gangers playing dice.

It would add so much life to the game and create more of a feeling of investment in your gang members.

Animosity. So it sounds to me like a relatively simple thing to add, especially in consideration to my other suggestions πŸ™‚
If Hickory Jack puts Dynamite Sue Out of Action than there's a reasonable chance that Sue developements a feeling towards Jack.
It could be Fear, resulting in a penalty to Attack versus Jack.
Or Vengeance, where if Jack is Visible then Sue can only target him with any attacks she makes.
Or good old fashioned Hatred where Sue gets a bonus to attacks versus Jack.

This would create some meaningful interaction between gangers on the battle field, where we wouldn't have to remember and roleplay it ourselves that Jack took Sue out, it would be right there on display on the battle field.

The game need an acceptable AI. All the other things are secondary.

What I really, really want to see at some point down the road is the implementation of a proper territory system. One of the many things I loved about the original TT was getting access to a tasty new bit of territory and finding out what it gave you.

• I believe the Operations need to be expanded a lot with more features and late-game designs that makes u wanna go on, something something that makes you wanna play more which isnt just for lategame guns or lvlgrinding. Either hard campaign story modes like in Mordheim inside operations or a feature where you will be part of other players operations map. Basically, after you beat the initial challenges in operations and develop your own place; allow a operations multiplayer mode that will go on for 3 rounds of battles for different territories or real salvage that ain't attainable in any other gameplay - thus adding a ranking leaderboard naturally. Adding a timelimit of 1hr for the entire mode and time limiters on movement decisions for your gang - 5min limiter for preparing your gang for the next operation and so forth to keep the time limit realistic would be interesting too.

• l also want more gangmembers on the battlefield. 5 feels so limited it is a little painful.
    A unique slot in the gang for your cyberdog/ambot or similar special reinforcement unit to complement your gang in various ways.

• I would also like the maps to have more houses, walls and the like - these maps are so painfully open to snipers there ain't no place for melee, the incredible generous movement this game has is punishing the melee dudes simply because the gunners have the same movement range on the map.

• Don't give the same generous movement to the ranged dudes as the melee. A sniper with grappling hook is far more mobile than any melee build you can make right now. Also - mby the incredible movement in this game need to be touched down a little to allow strategy and tactics have a place, bumrushing is so easy to do that there aint no point doing anything deeper thinking than going high and shooting down.

• Make internal tournaments that appear ingame for different tiers or gangscore - w/e it is called to value the gang's combat prowess. The rewards could be tailored for different tastes, sometimes a customizable helmet not available through other means or other unique stuff that will make your gang different from others.

• When you have made serious changes with new additions to the game - rerelease it like Space Hulk -Deathwing was and see the ppl flock back to try it anew. Free for the ppl who already purchased it.
    The problems Deathwing never fixed was lategame content or any real pvp option that could keep it alive for longer. The problem this game has is the pvp doesn't have any real value right now. Unique rewards from pvp could make ppl more interested in this. Although to make this interesting for real - the gameplay need to be upgraded a little, more unique options between gangs and more game-modes that would make the pvp more interesting rather than just gathering stuff all the time. I loved the "lights" missions.

last edited by LordVermelSilk