Wisconsin contracts are too much work for their rewards... MUST FIX!! with an idea to fix

Hi,
When I first saw the logging missions, I was eager to get on it...
But I fell out of my chair when I realized that for the contract "Rail Trail" I'd have to perform 6 trips, 2 with Medium logs and 4 with long logs! 😵

The loading is also pretty messed up...
In auto-loading, the trailer is automatically filled, which is only 3 logs(in manual loading), which is feeling very weird for those who prefered the manual loading...

Why is there not something like 3 logs = half load, 6 logs full load?
The contract should consider the amount of logs... If you need 2-3 logs = half, 4-6 logs = full..
Optionnally, the 2nd type could be only available through manual loading.
This way, it would be more attracting to use the manual loading, as the additionnal work would allow us to perform only 1 trip for the contract, and potentially save lot of time.

We really need to have some adjustments on the value of the loads we transport, as it is now it feels we work for nothing and makes the contracts discouraging(too much work for the reward)...

And I must add the MASSIVE disapointment from the new trucks (W.S 5600 and Boar), which aren't even working properly...

Best regards.

last edited by Addict2SimsQc

@Addict2SimsQc said in Logging contracts are too much work for their rewards... MUST FIX!! with an idea to fix:

And I must add the MASSIVE disappointment from the new trucks (W.S 5600 and Boar), which aren't even working properly..

Concur

@Addict2SimsQc I kinda agree with you.

Your idea is very interesting. If I understand you correct you talking about an amount of logs to deliver but you decide whether you bring medium or long logs, right?

If that would be possible - game/engine wise- it´ll be great indeed!

I´ve already criticized it in a tiny feedback.
My idea would be to have less logs to deliver to one specific spot. More "spreaded" destinations instead. Because to go the same way 6 times is feeling like [word can be added here] 😉
Although I understand that the sawmills are in a constant need of logs...

@halbdurch said in Logging contracts are too much work for their rewards... MUST FIX!! with an idea to fix:

If that would be possible - game/engine wise- it´ll be great indeed!

It was in Spintires n MudRunner ~ you got no change from your load, depending on the map requirements, basic maps wanted 8 points ~ and it could be supplied by 2 points [x4] 4 points [x2] 6 points + any of the previous.

@Addict2SimsQc I do not agree at all.
This is no "MUST FIX" in any way. I miss small logs and logging addons for trucks, yeah. But other than that? Not a fan of those massive yukon contracts with dozens of high numbered cargotypes to deliver (or the 3 papermill contracts in wisconsin by the way) - but with logs only? 6 trips is not that much. Also: You can select which of the many log station you want use, so no need to drive 6 times the same way. I really like it as it is. And a bonus for manual loading? Only in hardcore mode please.

But I can give you a hint: There is an easy way, which offers you a bonus for manual loading right now: just don´t pack the logs, transport 4 x 3 log logs at once, unload them with crane at destination, reload only 3 at a time, pack them, deliver and so on. Doing that you got what you want, kinda: Only 1 trip instead of 4 and lots of manual loading required. You just have to drive a bit more carefully with single logs. 😉

last edited by bellerophon

@bellerophon said in Logging contracts are too much work for their rewards... MUST FIX!! with an idea to fix:

Not a fan of those massive yukon contracts with dozens of high numbered cargotypes to deliver

Completely agree. Those missions seemed to be triple or quadruple the number of resources/trips compared to what all other missions in the game needed. It was very annoying and just felt like artificial difficulty. More trips does not = difficulty, it's just tedium.

I hope they don't do the same for Wisconsin.

last edited by Orrus

Modified the thread topic...
I gotta say, I was wrong to talk about logging contracts only, I didn't go through an in-depht check of the contracts...

Most contracts in Wisconsin appears to be worth a big headache...
The Power plant rebuild: What the hell... it requires the only 2 of the 6 metal beams available on the map as far as I've seen?
Where am I gonna get them once I've spent it after the next contract?
This is only one example that the materials on this map have been ridiculously miss-planned, and this is going to drive many of us crazy or simply to abandon this game...

@Addict2SimsQc Don´t worry (and please don´t judge everything on the PTS so rashly) - you can craft unlimited metal beams (among other cargotypes) with the generator trailer:
https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/56830/season-3-is-takeing-to-long-i-just-want-it-now/35?page=2

Maybe you should collect just a little bit more infomation, before you post about something being "ridiculously miss-planned"... 😉

last edited by bellerophon

Thanks for the info...
Btw, I've tried a few times to find info about the crafting mechanic, but without success...
Despide the appearance, I'm not natively english speaking... I need to use G-Translate often, but we all know that it's far from perfect...
The material problem comes from the fact that the info available on the map and on internet is very miss-leading...

Well, they plainly kicked the code out and went for holidays. Obviously there was no time to mention the "how its supposed to work" game mechanic in the patchnotes.

If you want to have some fun with a challenging and working map: Play "In the Village" as Modmap on PC, its way better than Wisconsin. At least up to now.

last edited by JTT