BOAR 45318 - Issues and Feedback <12.7>

1. BOAR should be in the Heavy class, but currently it's in the Offroad class. fixed in 12.2

1. The 300L fuel tank is too small for this truck. Most heavy trucks use Special/Advanced Special gearboxes whitch provide better fuel economy, but BOAR is among few heavy trucks that use Offroad/Highrange gearboxes. Those few trucks are WS6900TS, Derry 3 and Derry 4 - but these unlike BOAR have big fuel tanks to compensate for the less fuel efficient gearboxes - 350/370/400L. So I feel like it should have +350L fuel tank.

2. Engine 3D model when starting the truck appears to be a V12, but TONAR trucks use inline-6 cummins engines

4. BOAR currently weights 20t in the game (thanks for the information to reddit u/w00f359) . The truck from the look of it is based on TONAR 7501/7502. Since 7501 is 6x4, BOAR is more similar to 7502 which is 6x6. Their website only has weight for 7501 with dump bed+ hydraulics (27.5.t) and for 7502 with the dual dump trailer (49.4t), so it's hard to tell how much the truck alone weights. They do have a weight for TONAR 45252 (without trailers) which is basically the older version of 7502 without AWD and it weights 20t, so TONAR 7502 with AWD should weight over 20.5t. So yeah, the weight of BOAR should be increased slightly if we want to be accurate. 20t is the weight without the wheels. With the wheels it weights 21t (would weight 22t with OHD wheels), so that's close enough I guess.

1. It should be using heavier OHD wheels. Front wheels currently wobble when you make sharp turns or when going over uneven terrain. Also the problem from point 9 is caused by the light UOD wheels.

EDIT1:

6. Please add ability to install Van Body addon. @Nextej modded it on and it not only fits but almost looks like it was designed for it Added in 12.4
unknown.jpg

7. Remove ability to install Low Saddle addon. The truck is too tall, driving up to parked trailers is problematic and trailers are tilted backwards when attached. (Suggested by @Churnovisk) fixed in 12.3

8. Only "Default" winch is available for the truck. fixed in 12.2

1. When pulling heavy trailers the wheels sometimes refuse to spin in low gear with diff-lock enabled. Other trucks that use the same engine and are heavier don't have that problem:
    https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/56977/boar-45318-issues-and-feedback-12-0/9

Youtube Video

1. Boar has Offroad icon on the map instead of Heavy, same problem with Pacific P512:
    SnowRunner Screenshot 2021.02.03 - 01.01.02.45_cr.jpg
last edited by Amynue

The boar engine display issue isnt unique to it, on some trucks like the navistar, CLT9000, and Transtar all of them show they have I6s but during startup they have V8/V12s.

And is a tiny bit bigger than the P16 that should be enough to be in heavy

boarpacific.jpg

Now seriously i'm also thinking that this truck should be in Heavy class, have OHD tyres to be more like the real one and have an Advanced gearbox to be more fuel economy.
Maybe they added in offroad by mistake lets wait for the live version to see if they make any change on it like the do with the Bandit.

last edited by treneroefc

The BOARs low saddle seems to be a very poor choice as an add-on for the truck. the hitch is so high up that trailers will have a downward angle and on some trailers the front wheels wont even touch the ground. And if you disconnect the trailer it will actually rest on the saddle and drag behind the boar. Lastly because the saddle is so high you cant actually connect trailers, the only way to equip a low saddle trailer on it is to buy one in the trailer store which just makes its low saddle a really poor add-on that shouldnt even be an option in the first place.

Looks like every russian truck automatically goes to offroad, while every american goes to heavy, unless they're small vehicles to be put in scout category.

Which for me seems a bit unfair and lazy for some vehicles, WS49X fits more to Heavy Duty, same I'd say with TH357.

last edited by Nextej

who cares about sr classes?

mr abcd system were much more useful

last edited by Stazco

Would be nice if they would add a set of mud tires to the truck, instead of just offroad.

I was trying to pull some heavy trailers with this truck, which is what it's real counterpart is designed to do. Sadly there seems to be very wrong with power delivery in this truck. It uses the most powerful engine in the game (same as Kolobs, Azov 7, Dan and Antarctic) yet it sometimes struggles to even keep the wheels spinning in low gear with diff-lock on while hauling heavy trailers. Here it is pulling the Cat 770G trailer:
https://streamable.com/eb967z
This is full throttle the entire time. The wheels refuse to spin which is unheard-of in any other truck that uses this engine.

Here is another clip with similar behavior pulling the SuperHeavy Semi-Trailer loaded with metal beams, this time it's a very small incline:
https://streamable.com/vk259z

This issue needs to be looked at.

Also note how horribly high fuel consumption is in those clips - it really needs a bigger fuel tank. I wasn't able to even get to the fuel station with those metal beams which never happened to me with other heavy trucks.

@Amynue said in BOAR 45318 - Issues and Feedback <12.0>:

I was trying to pull some heavy trailers with this truck, which is what it's real counterpart is designed to do. Sadly there seems to be very wrong with power delivery in this truck. It uses the most powerful engine in the game (same as Kolobs, Azov 7, Dan and Antarctic) yet it sometimes struggles to even keep the wheels spinning in low gear with diff-lock on while hauling heavy trailers. Here it is pulling the Cat 770G trailer:
https://streamable.com/eb967z
This is full throttle the entire time. The wheels refuse to spin which is unheard-of in any other truck that uses this engine.

Here is another clip with similar behavior pulling the SuperHeavy Semi-Trailer loaded with metal beams, this time it's a very small incline:
https://streamable.com/vk259z

This issue needs to be looked at.

Also note how horribly high fuel consumption is in those clips - it really needs a bigger fuel tank. I wasn't able to even get to the fuel station with those metal beams which never happened to me with other heavy trucks.

Felt that was the only one that noticed this, when you got to the left of the garage in Wisconsin with the stream it has a hard time getting through. When it comes to mud this truck just does not want to move at all especially when using the heavy trailers.

@Amynue
That behavior you describe is common to every vehicle in the game, it just depend on who much load your towing or weight they have.

Also keep in mind that the Boar is not a truck meant to go in the mud and more like the Pacific reserved to compacted dirt track/ solid ground otherwise you are screwed.

The Boar is a quarry/mining truck.

The only vehicle suited for offroad and mud in heavy class are only Russian beside the WS Twinsteer and Derry 4520 on the US side.

I'm finding that my Little Fleetstar F2070A and my Kodiak C70 are outpulling these big trucks ~ I've long sine sold my monster truck and both new truck in this game are currently not being used, the game can be painful enough at times. But Hay Ho!

definitely seams to be chronically underpowered, else not sufficient gear reduction.

with the 8 slot heavy trailer loaded it had insufficient power to make it fully up the slight incline out of the water on the road by the paper mill and wouldn't even make any of the wheels spin in any of the low gears or auto, ended up disconnecting it and using the old 6x6 paystar which effortlessly pulled it up the incline in auto.

i.e. the rear of the trailer was in the water, the Boar was on the hard trackway beyond.

last edited by b101uk

The BOAR got a description added to the in game store in the 12.1 update and based on a line from the description it seems to be intended as an off-road class. BOAR is both impressively powerful and large for its class.

@Churnovisk said in BOAR 45318 - Issues and Feedback <12.0>:

The BOAR got a description added to the in game store in the 12.1 update and based on a line from the description it seems to be intended as an off-road class. BOAR is both impressively powerful and large for its class.

@Churnovisk That description still make it able to fit in heavy class since is larger than the P16 and other heavies.
I hope that devs reconsider its position and will change it to heavy class to be able to equip advanced gearbox and OHD wheels.

I put most of my reworked DLC-trucks into "Heavy Duty", even the boar. There are only 4 trucks there right now and half of them are not even a heavy duty vehicles (kodiac?)... this makes them at least easy to find in the shop 😉

In PTS 12.2 they moved Boar to Heavy class and gave it ability to install better winches. The rest of problems remain. I updated the first post.

Hello, the truck right now (12.3) is only capable of equip saddle high, soo no more problems with semis.
But still stoping in L and you need to fight a little with the gear box and awd and dif to make it move again(even without load in some places), I don't know if the special gear box and the OHD wheels will help with this problems or it would make them worse.

From 12.3 pachnotes:

Adjusted height of 'Boar 45318' truck so it would allow attaching semi-trailers properly

I thought they lowered it so that it can use low saddle, but they just removed low saddle. Did they actually "adjusted height"? Kinda hard to tell.

EDIT:
Ok I found my old video from 12.0 and made a comparison

SnowRunner Screenshot 2021.01.19 - 21.11.052.jpg

SnowRunner Screenshot 2021.01.19 - 21.11.05.jpg

I can't see any difference in neither the suspension height or how high the saddle is mounted, so I have no idea what are they talking about in the patchnotes...

last edited by Amynue