PTS Update 28/12/2020 (12.0)

Hello SnowRunners!

We hope you're all enjoying the holiday season! Today, we're very excited to release the early version of Season 3 on the Public Test Server!

Logging is back, and we can't wait to hear your feedback on this huge update, and all the new content the team has been working hard on.

Please keep in mind that this is an early version, so bugs are to be expected. Please leave any feedback or bug reports here.

Thank you,
The Saber and Focus Teams

Patch 12.0 Notes:

New content:

• [DLC] New region: Wisconsin
    • Black Badger Lake
    • Grainwoods River
  • [DLC] Truck: International Paystar 5600TS
  • [DLC] Truck: BOAR 54318
    • One more truck will be added in January
  • [DLC] New skin for Step 310E
  • [Free] Two new trials
  • [Free] Logging contracts for both new and base game maps
  • [Free] Logging addons
  • [Free] Curtains and windshield stickers added as customization options
  • [Free] Additional customization elements for all trucks

General Additions:

• Supported an adjustable low range for special gearboxes
  • Music sets on maps are now played in a random order
  • Added an ability to remove on-map trailers via functions menu

General Fixes:

• Fixed a bug where trucks that were left on a bridge may get stuck when the game was relaunched
  • Fixed a bug where "Starting Engine" message appeared when player tried to winch other player's car with stopped engine
  • FIxed a camera shake that happened when a player used any of the 'Move Crane' buttons for a crane of the 'KRS 58 "Bandit"' truck
  • Beacons on trucks are now disabled by default, beacons state is now saved
  • Fixed a bug when in the task "Tools for the Warehouse", in Big Salmon Peak, when the player approached the objective Curtainside Trailer for the first time, it jumped out the ground
  • Improved winch attachment point for the 'Heavy Rock Trailer'
  • Fixed a bug when objective trailer/vehicle was discovered again after a task restart
  • Added oil stain in the water when players truck is in it
  • Fixed a bug when in some cases points shown in the garage to unlock stuff were wrong and not tied to the actual players rank
  • Fixed a bug when the sound of anchors was looped if the truck was changed while the anchors are moving
  • Fixed a bug when in co-op host could invite players despite the game's players limit being maxed out
  • Fixed a bug when the crane of 'KRS 58 Bandit' truck was rotating in some cases after entering the truck if the crane was rotated at 180 degrees before
  • Fixed a bug when destination markers were placed after rotating a map
  • Fixed a bug when the distance was not converted in gallons/miles metric system in missions that involves the seismic vibrator
  • Disabled blur for on-map trucks when a player drives nearby
  • Fixed a bug where in the manage party menu the third slot was unlocked while the game is limited to two players
  • Fixed a bug where a crane was not fully restored for other players in the coop game
  • Fixed a bug where sometimes players were unable to scroll truck list in upgrade obtained window

Mod Browser:

• Added unsubscribe confirmation pop-up
  • Fixed a bug where by default, the option "Sorting by the name" was in inverted alphabetical order
  • Fixed a bug where the mod report description window was limited to 30 characters
  • Fixed a bug where in some cases list of mods that player needs to download to join a co-op game was not complete
  • Fixed a bug where mods were available in truck store for a client in COOP session without mods
  • Fixed a bug where co-op game invitation did not work in mod browser and once the player left the mod browser

Modding:

• Fixed a bug where the ‘Vehicles found’ counter did not increase when the player found vehicles on the mod map
  • Added additional mod verification checks in the game editor packaging process
  • Supported custom employers names
  • Supported the purchase of any trucks from different regions in custom scenarios
  • Mod creators are now able to create addons with a mobile watchtower functionality
  • Mod creators are now able to set up default player level and amount of money in custom scenarios
  • Map mod creators are now able to set up custom prices in the garage

Maps:

• Added a highlight for the 'Manual Loading' in the 'Quarry' area on the 'Smithville Dam' level, Michigan
  • Fixed a bug where players could not restart the Lost Instrument task in Zimnegorsk

Trucks:

• Tweaked mirrors placement for WS49x
  • Tweaked winch connection point for Bandit crane
last edited by Jellyfoosh

wow thanks for phase 3 looking forward to getting stuck in

You guys enter the game normally?
snap_screen_20201228214324.jpg

@blackjack01 mine crashes too, i'm currently uninstalling and reinstalling to see if that works, If I can make it run I will post about.

@treneroefc I tried epic’s verification file and it didn’t work,it seems that just entering the configuration menu will trigger a crash.

Hello .. Thank you for the Phase 3 !! The new Version 12 ist Not Starting , and Crashed my Windows 10 System completely .. ☹

@blackjack01 For me the crashes were when I tryed to load the map pressing continue(I have loaded a previous save from the live version, the same that works on 10.4 PTS), and It crashes too when I'm on the trials screen seening the descriptions.

@treneroefc Loading the old save will crash, but you can still see the car for a moment when you start a new game. Ignoring the warning window will let you load unlimited😂

@blackjack01 uninstall and erase all the previous PST files worked for me, now I can play but I start at the beginning, later I will try to load again files from the live version too see if that was the problem.

Edit: False Alarm it crash again☹

last edited by treneroefc

Hi @blackjack01 @treneroefc, do you crash only when continuing an old save? It works for you on a new game?

last edited by Jellyfoosh

@Jellyfoosh Hello, unfortunately for me it crashes after reinstall the PTS on a freshly new save, without loading any previous save and i deleted all the previous stuff before installing.

But I think I found a work around that works for me, I enter in the Trials screen and i press in one of the new trials, the crash mensage appear but if I ignore them I can start a new game and continue playing till I acept or cancel the crash mensage.

I am able to load one of my newer saves, where I have not yet completed Taymyr, Kola or Yukon. My main save, however, where I have completed the entire game except for the last two or three missions in the Yukon region sits on the loading screen indefinitely. I have tried moving to different regions, loading a truck out "in the wild" and recalling all into the garage - no change.

@Jellyfoosh said in PTS Update 28/12/2020 (12.0):

Fixed a bug where "Starting Engine" message appeared when player tried to winch other player's car with stopped engine

a bug?...why not to just return TOW winch mode from Mudrunner?..

I'm not able to keep it open for more than a minute (exactly 60 seconds from launch to crash dump window. Timed it 20 times). And that's just trying to go to the proving grounds. I can keep playing however if I ignore the "crash dump utility"

@blackjack01 Hello! We are investigating the issue, can you please share your KSIVA?

@treneroefc Hello! We are investigating the issue, can you please share your KSIVA?

@936-Farmer-CH Hello! We are investigating the issue, can you please share your KSIVA?

@zombaidgaming could you please send us your save files folder to snowrunner@saber3d.com?
It's C:\Users\username\Documents\My Games\SnowRunnerBeta\base\storage, you can archive full folder. Please mention your name from the forums.

last edited by KiDdYoNe

@enovikova I tried to continue the game ignoring the warning, but it loads infinitely

snap_screen_20201229001900.jpg