Do we know anything about the game yet?

I imagine it's very much going to be played like Mordheim, turn based (as in the board game) with a few gangs (Goliath, Orlok and probably the rest DLC) and a campaign/story.

Yep, that's what I'm expecting too. But the story mission should be better than Mordheim's are. Plenty of lessons learned from Mordheim should make this a better game.

I really just want to see some screenshots so we can see what we can expect. I'm excited for this game regardless. And yes I'm one of the few people that actually enjoyed playing the mordheim city of the damned

@Bardon-Plays said in Do we know anything about the game yet?:

Yep, that's what I'm expecting too. But the story mission should be better than Mordheim's are. Plenty of lessons learned from Mordheim should make this a better game.

I'm hoping (anticipating?) as well that more energy can be dedicated to the finer points such as different gangs, story missions, etc. because Rogue Factor has already put in the hours to create what is mostly the same engine through Mordheim. I think a lot will carry over and save both time and energy in development.

@adoinwales: I would also LOVE some screenshots, but know they will come in due time [Rubs hands maniacally, in anticipation]

We know bits and pieces, really hoping to see some screenshots and footage soon 🙂

Expectations? I honestly don't know what to expect.

Hopes? Astronomical!

I've been waiting for years for someone to get their hands on this IP. Even spoke with a director from Firaxis at GamesCom a few years ago if they would ever consider the IP, but he just smiled and went "unlikely".
I've been wondering when someone would take the plunge into Necro ever since I played Fallout: Tactics many moons ago, thinking it was a perfect platform for a Necromunda-based game. There is such huge potential with the concept, from gangs, to the environments/levels, progression, customisation, local, regional, national, global leaderboards, mechanics...

Rogue Factor built a solid enough base with Mordheim and whilst they did seem to get a rather luke-warm response from most places, I think they'll have learnt a lot from the experience and are going to be able to release something that could garner a huge interest.

That being said, I'm impatiently waiting for screenshots, concept art, or anything of the sort at this point!

If its a more dynamic and balanced version of Mordheim it will be amazing.
Two things that annoyed me with the pc version of Mordheim -
Community support
Computer AI was brutal.

More so, Im simply hoping to meet more Necromunda fans through the pc/console adaptation of the game!

From a Rock, Paper, Shotgun article back in February, when there was a closed press release/reveal (link to article below), the few things I garnered from it were as follows;

• Movement akin to that of Mordheim.

• Progression is to be a bigger factor.

• All 6 houses will be included.

• Semi-procedural levels.

• Larger focus on ranged combat.

Article link: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/02/08/necromunda-underhive-wars-details/

I really hope they focus more on ranged combat by adding a lot to ranged weapons (obviously) and also types of ammo and armor that would give combat advantages/penalties depending on your ammo or your armor (Piercing ammo gets bonus against heavily armored targets, etc...) while not leaving melee totally unattended. As well, i kinda expect we get some fun stuff like stun batons and flamethrowers that have certain special effects.

I also expect 2 things to be added: directional cover mechanics and stealth/sneaking.

@morjax said in Do we know anything about the game yet?:

I'm hoping (anticipating?) as well that more energy can be dedicated to the finer points such as different gangs, story missions, etc. because Rogue Factor has already put in the hours to create what is mostly the same engine through Mordheim. I think a lot will carry over and save both time and energy in development.

I think I read or heard on a stream somewhere that they're moving from Unity (used for Mordheim) to Unreal Engine 4, which means that they will probably have to redo almost everything from scratch - though obviously a lot of the lessons learned and paradigms will carry over just fine.

Hopefully moving to UE4 will also allow for that tiny bit more shine on the graphics side of things, though obviously better graphics will not matter one jot if the gameplay doesn't work.

@CovFefe said in Do we know anything about the game yet?:

Two things that annoyed me with the pc version of Mordheim -
Community support
Computer AI was brutal.

At least the computer AI wasn't deadly... Eh? Eh?

I want to fight for control of territory. Fluff wise, I think that's the most important part about Necromunda. We are just gangs fighting each other, we are fighting for control of the best 'turf'.

Things I want to see... a 'Pinning' mechanic and a 'Knock-downs/Knock off ledge system'.

I also hope we get the Outlanders gangs as DLC ... because I always crushed with my Scavvie gang 'The Festering Boils' LOL

With the turf wars thing, i hope that while we progress in the campaign that reflects on the gear we get, the loot we get from battles, prices in the store and aviable "hired swords" (trained warriors). And also that we can get some events between battles to spice it up.

Gameplay will be almost identical to Mordheim - which makes sense as Necromunda was the precurser for Mordheim.

I do point out some differences in my video (link in other thread) that I think we NEED to see in Necromunda.

But for the most part, 3rd person view and Gang management will be the same, just in UR4!

@NaloaC said in Do we know anything about the game yet?:

All 6 houses will be included.

Yes! House Cawdor, on PC, after all these years!

Seriously stoked about this.

Also, this is my first post here. So hi, fellow Underhivers.

I'd definitely like to see more effects from how well/badly you do in fights on the overall game. Certain items being scarce or very expensive because you lost control of a particular sector would be a good start.

I'd also love to see persistent AI gangs so that you could settle scores and grudges. It would feel great to get the chance, in a later fight, to kill that enemy that severely injured or killed one of your guys.

I'd definitely like to see more effects from how well/badly you do in fights on the overall game. Certain items being scarce or very expensive because you lost control of a particular sector would be a good start.

I'd also love to see persistent AI gangs so that you could settle scores and grudges. It would feel great to get the chance, in a later fight, to kill that enemy that severely injured or killed one of your guys.

I would love to see the supply thing with events that can trigger after you do well or bad in some battles, like completing secondary objectives or winning quickly against the enemies. But since we're talking about supplies, i would like to see a small change in regards to Mordheim when it comes to consumables: either make them even more scarce and reusable/with a number of uses (Stimpacks can be used 3 times, etc...) or make them slightly more common to be found, but they dissapear after 1 use.

Hi Guys, first time forum user. Only doing this cos Necromunda was the best game i ever played. It literally saved my life. Cant wait for screenshots and more info to come about. I hope they put in little things like leadership challenges ect... That would add dimension to the gangs and make them feel real. The problem i had with mordheim computer game was that i didn't get attached to my fighters like i did when playing necro. I hope they will bring in some way of creating attachments to your gangers.

I'd definitely like to see more effects from how well/badly you do in fights on the overall game

Agreed, but one thing I really, really don't want to see carried over from Mordheim is getting punished (failing objectives) because the opposing gang dies/quits too quickly - if I quickly dispatch the opposition, I should have all the more time to fulfill whatever secondaries exist.

Agreed. For example, to have at least 1 round of graze while the enemy group routs to do secondary objectives. Make so that they run away instead of engaging in combat or make that they have to get to their spawning point (their wagon) so the rout is fulfilled.

And since we are on the subject, which secondary objectives could we get? Aside from Marked for Death what else can we get for that juicy extra XP? Beat the enemy warband without using melee or ranged weapons? Loot a certain amount of points in the map?