Unable to drop crates

On what platform did the bug occur?
PC

On which Game mode did the bug occur?
Story

If the bug occurred in Story, on which chapter did it occur?
Chapter 9

If the bug occurred during a mission, what Objective and Map were you playing on?

Place Camp Materials

What were you doing before reproducing the bug?
(The more precise you are, the better it will be to reproduce the issue on our side)

Jumped down to where I had left the crates, and picked them up

Were you able to reproduce the issue multiple time ? If so, does it occur all the time (100%)?

It has happened in other modes as well, but this was significantly more impactful, since it prevented mission completion

Despite walking all over the target location for the camp supply crates, and then across a good chunk of the map, I could find no location permitting Blutvor to put the crates down. Other characters could pick up and place crates freely.

Did he have one of his auras activated?

I found that objects cannot be placed on the floor by anyone who is stood in an aura given out by another character.

I had this same glitch, in Chapter 9. My heavy had an Aura in effect and was unable to drop a casket.

PC
Story
Chapter 9
Unable to drop Construction Materials
No files to share

Yep, yep had it confirmed being able to drop the box just outside the aura but not in it. The major problem is if the carrier also happens to have an aura, I dont think you can drop it in any way other than killing him. That's bad enough but if the carrier also needs to stay alive for the mission... I ll just play the damn mission without auras, but its definetely worth a look

Clear the platform of friendly gang members, then retry positioning the crates.

My Heavy was unable to drop the crates he was carrying due to the Aura he had active. My other units were able to drop the crates normally.

I too have had this issue; it's definitely the leader aura. I killed him off with grenades and was able to place the boxed that way

Important to note that barricades and buildings made by the Way-Mechanic have the same problem, not being able to be placed inside an AoE area. Have had the exact same problem and have controlled recreated it multiple times with different characters, objective items and Gangs.

I also experienced this bug on chapters 9 and 11. Being stood in an aura was the cause. If you have a Ganger with the Death From Above skill, you can use them to Stun the Ganger generating the aura, which will stop the aura. Alternatively, killing the Ganger generating the aura (with flamers/grenades etc.) will stop the aura, and any crates they are carrying will be dropped for another Ganger to pick up.

last edited by Denyer

same deal here on mission but i was able to flamer my guys to death however theres a nice cyronade on the objective. i cant drop while inside it. I can outside of it. ive just been able to stand next to the objective n clip drop 3 into the area on the edge but cant get the last 2 to fit.

Same here, very frustrating.

Same bug prevents you building in an aura too

Occurred on Xbox.

Story mode.

Chapters 11 and 13.

In Ch 11 if you have Vex or Kyra pick up a Fungus Cannister or plant pod before they've completed their objectives, they can't put them down. Which prevents Vex Extracting through the vent and completing that objective.

In Ch 13 if you have any of the gang pick up the Computer/Cogitator Cores they can't put them down, and have to complete the objectives while carrying them.