Some doubts about CAT 745C(PTS8.2)

The truck can only support very few types of cargo. Are you sure that the ratio of the container to the transport rack is correct? It looks like a toy building block of discordant size.
snap_screen_20200908002617.jpg

The fan at the front of the truck never spins. I specifically went to find some videos, it seems that it should rotate when the truck is working.
snap_screen_20200909231002.jpg

Maybe it could transport the oversized containers to? Then this damned truck would at least have some use!

@Schlemmil said in Some doubts about CAT 745C(PTS8.2):

Maybe it could transport the oversized containers to? Then this damned truck would at least have some use!

I use it to tow other vehicles on missions or to recover trucks ive flipped. Gets around pretty decent on most maps. Just wish articulated steering was stronger.

@Schlemmil

it does have a use, its literally unstoppable in the game. only having issues in imandra but that maps smacks every truck

@gundamu said in Some doubts about CAT 745C(PTS8.2):

@Schlemmil

it does have a use, its literally unstoppable in the game. only having issues in imandra but that maps smacks every truck

Ice gives it trouble... But it does fairly well otherwise

It's the most useful tractor for thin ice and deep snow (on Kovd and Imandra), it can go and winch loaded trucks through it pretty easily without getting stuck in it.

Youtube Video

Youtube Video

I use 3 of them on Imandra as support vehicles where others trucks can't go alone.

last edited by Felmarg

I don´t use US- trucks on russian maps. A roleplay decision of mine.
And to use it simply as a towing truck seems out of bounds. But to each is own.

Seems that the CAT has been tuned-down with one of the patches. The CAT gets stuck on the smallest rocks and has no power, Compared to the early game.