Picking up weapons in Sandstorm - What should be changed

I'm curious as to what the system for picking up weapons off the ground is going to be. In insurgency, picking up weapons was entirely useless since you only received one magazine for the weapon. I would hope this changes in sandstorm. It was really irritating when I would go on a 20 player killstreak just to run out of ammo. Sometimes I would get lucky and find an lmg on the ground.

I would suggest a system that allows you to search dead users for their magazines or ammo for a few seconds. Their magazine count is added to yours so you can use their weapon.

Spitballing from this point on, possibly add magazine sharing too. It would be great to share an extra mag with a teammate if they run out and happen to use the same ammo type. I think this would incorporate nicely with the new ammo system they showed off for sandstorm already.

last edited by Gaderic

I think this game goes for realism, and since most guns in the game use a different caliber, it wouldn't make any sense putting a mag full of 7.62 in a gun that uses 5.56.

But for guns that use the same caliber? I agree. Maybe hold a button to pick up the gun, and press the same button to only pick up ammo.

I hope they don't change this ammo system do to the realism , but for this ''problem'' the support class should have ammo bags for the teammates 🙂

@blaggycat You're picturing it exactly like I imagined. Of course, I don't want them to throw realism out the window and just have "rifle ammo, pistol ammo, etc". If anything, I think they are shooting for more realism than the previous game.