*FIXED IN 8.2* Ford 750 with Het/10V 6,6 - car stutters after changing direction when transmition is in AUTO <PTS 7.2> (still present in 8.0)

When you are standing still and transmition is in "AUTO REVERSE", if you press "accelerate" it will switch to "AUTO 1/6", the car will go forward a bit, then stop and then start moving forward for real. Same happens when automatic goes from 1st to reverse. Video shows what I mean:
https://streamable.com/fs024v

Same happens with Het/6V 5,0 engine actually, but it's barely noticable so nobody noticed the bug in version 6.X of the game.

I've noticed that bug on day one of public test of 7.0, but forgot to report it. Surprised noone else did since it's rather obvious. Hope this gets fixed for live version since it's very anoying.

last edited by Amynue

Actually it might not be a bug, but just related to the "EngineResponsiveness" factor wich in old truck work like you describe and is pretty normal, when you engage a gear the truck will have a small jump forward, then after releasing the clutch you will drive normally.

last edited by Raphael

No change in PTS 7.3

@Raphael said in Ford 750 with Het/10V 6,6 - car stutters after changing direction when transmition is in AUTO [PTS 7.2] (still present in 7.3):

Actually it might not be a bug, but just related to the "EngineResponsiveness" factor wich in old truck work like you describe and is pretty normal, when you engage a gear the truck will have a small jump forward, then after releasing the clutch you will drive normally.

I take it you can't drive manual transmission. Even an old single plated clutch can be drivin smoothly. I've always hated the auto trans and favor not using it.

This may be a bug left by the conflict of torque directions. Now the wheels of tuz16 and tuz108 will stop completely for an instant when automatically downshifting. The impact is slight compared to the previous ones. But I cannot reproduce the bug you encountered.

Still happening in PTS 7.4

Still broken in 8.0
Can't believe 7.0 will go live with this.

Ive caught it doing it just after engine start up too. Kinda sad really. I also favor manuals. Got 2 5 speeds in my driveway and a 10 speed at work. Used to have an 18, but i got tired of DOT hasseling me years ago cause of the bright yellow banners that came with it. Lol

Fixed in 8.2, thank you.

@Mason1327 the fact that they think a vehicle with a manual transmission, even an old one, should jump is completely stupid. Obviously they can't drive manual. I have a 79 D200 with a 4 on the floor and a 93 W250 with a five speed, and they don't jump around.