Help creating custom meshes?

Are there any guides on how to create custom objects (not trucks) for this game? I'd like to create my own rocks and other models to include in my maps. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

@pix3lmonkey said in Help creating custom meshes?:

Are there any guides on how to create custom objects (not trucks) for this game? I'd like to create my own rocks and other models to include in my maps. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

I wrote up a small tutorial in another thread.

Let me know if you need any other help with it.

https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/3135/using-own-textures-as-materials

Can vouch for this ^ Cherokee has helped me greatly and I have made two models so far, it's a breeze!

@pix3lmonkey while i do not make mods personally i do have a few friends that do. i would say get 3ds max (i figure there are other programs as well, but most people i know use 3ds max) and learn as much as you can from any tutorial vids (not just spintires or mudrunner). 3ds max student version is free to download (which most people use) the rest is just a learning process.

3DS Max Student Version

Digital X created a simple box and then worked on implementing it in the editor to see how it works. Which is a good way to see the process.
If you go the 3DS max route I suggest downloading the Alin DirectX exporter. It's the best exporter i've used.

You can also use Blender. I'm not completely familiar with it so somebody else would have to help you with exporting. Any questions with 3DS max or getting your .X and XML's into the editor and game just message.

Thanks for all of the replies. I just responded to the thread where @89cherokeelimit had his screenshots. I do have Max11 and was able to successfully create and skin an object and test it in Mudrunner. I'm so happy right now.