we need to talk about the new bots...

Ever since the new update, i noticed you changed the bots behavior in co-op. They have changed for the worse. Everytime i turn aroud a bot spawns behind me and kills me. You have to sit leaning corners all game to survive. Why did you change it to this new system? Its terrible. absolutely terrible compared to the older bots.

@RedKap said in we need to talk about the new bots...:

Ever since the new update, i noticed you changed the bots behavior in co-op. They have changed for the worse. Everytime i turn aroud a bot spawns behind me and kills me. You have to sit leaning corners all game to survive. Why did you change it to this new system? Its terrible. absolutely terrible compared to the older bots.

Well, this is false...bots don't spawn anywhere other than their designated spawn points...so you're not paying attention...

...to the fact that they're already heading in your direction, not knowing you were there, because the director told them to. They'll get stuck on something trying to re-direct to your location if you move somewhere wonky, and then when you get out of it they'll nearly warp to the perfect location to start firing at you from.

Furthermore, the only things they changed in the AI is how stupid they are on Nightmaps and the regression in seeing through smoke (AGAIN ffs) on day maps.

Bots won't be reworked until later this year...because, apparently, it takes that long to make bots that don't cheat.

@xDark Well yea it takes time in order to make the bots not use their machine for them but to act dumb against us basically. How does the bot know if it actually has a visual on a player if it only sees the hitboxes but sure Im no expert but AI isnt so easy. I mean I dont know how complex the code is in these bots but its like playing against a computer in chess. The computer should always win but they make them dumber intentionally just to make it fair. And again Im no expert so I would like to hear from guys who actually know what they are talking about...
So if Im wrong please educate me 🙂
But Im sure AI isnt so easy to make fair but thats all have a nice day reader.