"Added option to disable beacon lights via functions menu" implentation is not great!

So Saber added "option to disable beacon lights via functions menu". However the implentation is not done very well.

First of all, the beacon lights are ON by default, instead of OFF.
It doesnt save the "state" of the beacon lights either, as soon as you start the engine back up, the lights turn back on, even when you had them turned off when you stopped the engine.
Add a keybind, just as normal lights!

To summerize

So, they should be OFF by default, they should a keybind and the ON/OFF state should be saved in your playsession and ideally also in between sessions when closing down the game.

last edited by 1nsane

That's why its called a work in progress.

Personally I've never been bothered by them as originally it indicates when a vehicle is running. Having the option to toggle it off for the running session in current vehicle is fine until changing vehicles or restarting the motor. That makes sense.

Also adding such function to a "key bind" may sound like a simple solution to you using a keyboard on a PC but keep in mind that consoles have limited buttons available for mapping and function. Current control schemes don't make that very flexible.

I also never choose to add them to trucks, and to those that have them preinstalled turning them off would be nice. I probably would use them and appreciate them more if they actually looked somewhat realistic. Hopefully they fix that later on.

@CanuckRunner said in "Added option to disable beacon lights via functions menu" implentation is not great!:

Also adding such function to a "key bind" may sound like a simple solution to you using a keyboard on a PC but keep in mind that consoles have limited buttons available for mapping and function. Current control schemes don't make that very flexible.

well, PC has extra bindings that console dont have already (like the ability to bind each gear to a keyboard button), even if its just a pc binding to disable Beacons, it just means consoles would be forced to use the advanced menu to do it, so it could 100% work.....they also do the same thing for winching, on console you have to select the attach winch option from the Advanced menu, but on PC you just use the mouse and drag and drop

@1nsane This really isn’t worth complaining about if you don’t like the beacons don’t put them on your truck it’s that simple.

@DieselDrinker45

@1nsane This really isn’t worth complaining about if you don’t like the beacons don’t put them on your truck it’s that simple.

What if you cant take them off?

Azov 64131

last edited by 1nsane

@1nsane well then you will just have to turn them off every time you start the engine lol

@FearedFox18 I never said it couldn't be done.

Also, you can use peripherals on consoles so your mouse theory might be irrelevant as console can likely do the same winch procedure but I haven't tested that.

I think this pending option is fine and works well.

I do agree that the default should be off or that you should be able to choose the default in the options maybe. At least it shouldn't reset all the time when you switch of the engine.
Some Trucks or attachments with those beacons simple look better or you don't even have a choise and they are fixed onto that usefull attachment.

Beacon lights that start automatically have no effect other than annoying

thus option was removed long ago

and while this fight with whining players devs left beacons with the bug when you turn the beacons off it cant be turned on again

options options, instead of improving our game devs wasted all their available time to this shit - crane controls dozen of options and iterations, option to hide ksiva from….option menu, etc

so please fix the beacons at least…