Night Maps for Versus

Night maps ought to be included by default for Versus multiplayer options. The changelog states that the reason they were not included is because they were unpopular in Insurgency. However, isn't that what the map voting system is for? Having the option of selecting a night map would be leaps and bounds better than completely striking it from the playlist. In this system, if they don't get selected it is by player choice instead of a hard coded limitation. Player agency is good!
Though it is an option on Community Servers, they are not nearly as abundant or populated as they were in Insurgency, -- much to my own dismay --. This is a different game with a different-enough community. I think it warrants a chance at placing them in the Versus rotations.

I was excited coming back after couple of months only to find out no night maps in versus. Absolutely massive letdown. Probably won't touch the game until night is added to versus matchmaking. Community servers are not an option as they seems to be empty most of the time.

@fronisqq

@fronisqq said in Night Maps for Versus:

Night maps ought to be included by default for Versus multiplayer options. The changelog states that the reason they were not included is because they were unpopular in Insurgency. However, isn't that what the map voting system is for? Having the option of selecting a night map would be leaps and bounds better than completely striking it from the playlist. In this system, if they don't get selected it is by player choice instead of a hard coded limitation. Player agency is good!
Though it is an option on Community Servers, they are not nearly as abundant or populated as they were in Insurgency, -- much to my own dismay --. This is a different game with a different-enough community. I think it warrants a chance at placing them in the Versus rotations.

I totally agree

I assume they'll need to fix the gamma cheating somehow before they comes to versus.

I've already seen people using it to cheat on co-op, and actively telling others to do it over comms too.

@MAA_Bunny said in Night Maps for Versus:

I assume they'll need to fix the gamma cheating somehow before they comes to versus.

I've already seen people using it to cheat on co-op, and actively telling others to do it over comms too.

QFE

BTW the bloom on the cyan NVG is ridiculous, orange is much ebtter.

last edited by DJ Nickelz