Any Help?

Ok, my son has started playing Mudrunner and I'm totally puzzled as to the problem I'm trying to figure out hopefully someone has some solutions...

Heres what I did, (same thing I did on my own)
I installed Mudrunner and the Mudrunner editor on my son's laptop, (He Verified His Files)

I then added the <MediaPath Path="Media" /> in the Mudrunner directory config XML and then added a Media folder in the directory, Then downloaded a map (Rausch Creek) and did a simple drag and drop of that map into that media folder and the map is not appearing in the game? I install all my maps this way on my own laptop without problems.

Also the 4gig patch mod thing dont seem to be installing and working either, However the new Mudrunner Plus mod does work but kinda useless without the ability to install maps, I'm stumped, Any Ideas?

@SmarOneNine, I dont know if it helps (by my friend it did) but did you check if the names are exactly the same, and did you drop the level, classes, etc. Direct in the Media folder or did you drop the .zip map??

I hope it helps, otherwise I dont know it either.

Im dropping them in the new Media UNzipped folder.

Well, I think that you already searched for it and that you know how to set it up, but still, here is the video I used to get it to work (worked the first time and never had a problem).

Youtube Video

I cant help you more than this because I'm also just a guy who likes to play and mod the game.
Could you tell me how you fixed it when you fixed the problem, I'm curious about what it was.

Yup i did it exactly like that , Ill check some spelling maybe.

i am going to bet you got something wrong in the config line. like maybe incorrect spacing or it is on the wrong line maybe? i had this problem with the spacing being incorrect before and basicly i was one space short on the true depend line below the added text. i spaced over one and it fixed it for me.

just a guess and hope you get it figured.

@smaronenine said in Any Help?:

<MediaPath Path="Media" />

If it's not showing up I would say that the media path isn't correct.

should maybe be:
<MediaPath Path="Media." />

with a period at the end

This is exactly how mine is:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
-<Config Version="20151004">
<System Windowed="false" Width="1920" Maximized="true" Height="1080"/>
<MediaPath Path="Media."/>
<MediaPath Path="Media.zip"/>
<MediaPath Path="TextureCache.zip" MountPoint="_t/" DoPrepend="true"/>
<MediaPath Path="MeshCache.zip" MountPoint="_m/" DoPrepend="true"/>
<MediaPath Path="Tattoo_Skull_GearBox_noBG_MR_v1.zip" DoPrepend="true"/>
</Config>

have u got tattoo gearbox installed or have u tried changing it in the appdata mudrunners conig there too also make sure no spaces at top

Does anything have to be done in the $appdata% area?

Well its kinda embarrassing but i finally got it lol ,

ok i went to steam>mudrunner>broused the local files blah blah , well instead of making a shortcut to my desktop i just copy and paste the directory to my desktop well apparently that was it im guessing because i created a proper shortcut and now everything is working fine....anyway thanks for the help guys.

Does anything have to be done in the $appdata% area?

since latest patch yes

Well its kinda embarrassing but i finally got it lol ,

ok i went to steam>mudrunner>broused the local files blah blah , well instead of making a shortcut to my desktop i just copy and paste the directory to my desktop well apparently that was it im guessing because i created a proper shortcut and now everything is working fine....anyway thanks for the help guys.

good to hear, now time for you two to have some fun together. enjoy the time Smar. 😉

@wrenchinmonkey said in Any Help?:

its just media no period

why is there a config in the appdata then ? and all the multi saves are there which is the main problem also for glitches .... period..... strange how friend have problems before editing appdata ... ??

last edited by A Former User

@shuffy the xml in your appdata, are your game settings and save games. I never touch that unless i change my resolution to 4k on both monitors.