GMC Smithville Dam still not usable

The GMC you find in Smithville Dam, it is still not usable, (it on map and it's greyed out).

Suggestion: remove or make it work
Don't let it sit on our maps dead in the water.

this stupid vehicle is a VIP for such ppl?...
can they just forget about it and stop spam reports??

last edited by Stazco

@Stazco

Why are you here if you don't want to contribute?, you can take your complaining elsewhere.

Oh, yea i did a search first ofc, not ONE single post on the GMC in the PTS section did i find.

you're referring to the mission at the bottom of the map. Once you finish the mission, you don't get the truck for yourself but it just sits there instead of disappearing like the rest of rescue truck missions. I have the same issue with the chevy in Alaska. once its towed to the service area it just stays there.

you get a GMC for free before you start your first delivery. Why do you want and need a second?

I think the real problem is: if we can't use a truck, don't list it on the important items list where the trucks we can use are listed.

@ian76g

We are not talking about the actual getting it or not getting it or selling it or whatever, money is not an issue in the game and we are not gready, we are talking about the fact that the truck doesnt:

1:Belong to us, so we could use/sell it
2:disapears after mission complete

It's a bug, and bugs needs to be smashed ....ye sue me i stole that from Start Citizen

Still the same in 5.1

I see now that this mission "Repair The Truck" actually is marked in the patch notes as Fixed, well the mission might be fixed, but the truck is still on map greyed out, so half way there 😉

@Mason1327 said in GMC Smithville Dam still not usable:

you're referring to the mission at the bottom of the map. Once you finish the mission, you don't get the truck for yourself but it just sits there instead of disappearing like the rest of rescue truck missions. I have the same issue with the chevy in Alaska. once its towed to the service area it just stays there.

I had this with a few rescue missions, the game would not accept the truck. Restarting fixed this for me as a workaround at the moment. Hope this helps

@Cpt-Issues

Cant restart already completed missions, at least that i know, or do you know a way?

there are other vehicles that still dead on the map after mission in patch 5.1, the chevy in White valley and the scout in Pedro bay

And the courtainside trailer in mountain river after deliver to research zone near pipe... its funny that it remain there and on the map it showes 0% fuel when you click on it...lol... damn bugs... i bet this will not be fixed for the ppl who already finished the missions as they cant modify the save game for each one... especialy if you have cloudsave disabeled...

last edited by Nonasing

@Nonasing said in GMC Smithville Dam still not usable:

i bet this will not be fixed for the ppl who already finished the missions as they cant modify the save game for each one... especialy if you have cloudsave disabeled...

That problem could be solved if contracts and tasks made replayable like contests.

haha, still the hottest topic...

devs now: “ok, we must fix this and these, these, THESE, this and dozens of other crucial bugs, glitches, downgrades from previous games, dozens of approved improvements and so on...
and 90% of them makes sense, we cant argue...
...f.ck, its hard and will take all our time, incl all free time,weekends...we even need to hire additional staff...
..well, that is the hottest topic in forums?...
...gmc in sm.dam! each forum section is full of topics, several pages each...
..strange, i thought this mission is working, the only minor problem vehicle dont explode&dissapear (which imo is more realistic) and stays in player vehicles list (greyed), or that?..
...yes, missions is fine, so players want it to explode and be removed from the list, its annoys these kids drastically...

...ok!!! ...i have the idea!! f.ck all bugs and improvements, lets give them that they want! and next will finish all DLCs, nevermind that full of old and new bugs, and finally we can relax and start new game...
...agreed, lets not disappoint the community, here we are, gmc - EXPLODE!..
..final...”

last edited by Stazco

I never had problems with explosions or cargo falling through trailers or anything like this... so, for me the only problem is that trucks grayed out on maps and the wrong count on vehicles numbers and the impossibility to finish maps 100% due to this... i have few more missions in russia to finish the game than ill put it aside until they will proper fix it...

bruh its literally a mission, please read whats displayed on ur screen, its there for a reason

@Stazco

Well haha, yeah i admit you have some sort of point 😉 , i'll give you that.
BUT, aren't you making Devs look stupid by saying this?, it's fine if you call me stupid or everyone else that this annoys, but the Devs?
Don't you think they can prioritize? well i do, i think they are fully aware of this, and that they have it on their radar and that it will be fixed in due time, no question about it.

Just my two cents...

@evilomatic
im not sure they prioritize, so whats why i keep silence about minor bugs)
but maybe you are right, mr had a lot of minor bugs never fixed, so we can lose time..

@Cpt-Issues The mission was completed, so I used a large crane to drop it in a river. I like my fix better.