Diplomacy Questions

I saw the trailer for this about a month ago and I admit, I'm pretty excited about it. I've been trying to read up on what I can and while I know there is a lot you can't explain or answer right now, I was wondering if I could ask a couple of questions.

From what I've been able to find, there are a few unavoidable fights in the game, but are there any situations where the player has to negotiate their way forward? Either main story or side quest?

If so, does the player character still retain their armor and weapons or do they take on a more diplomatic appearance, like a nice suit or dress?

Lastly, do you still earn exp or suchlike for diplomacy over force? I imagine trying to do a pacifist run only to be under leveled for what fighting does take place would be something of a nightmare.

Hi Fortune86,

We're always happy to know our game is trigerring the interest of players.
What I can reply to you you for now is that, of course some situations have to be negociate, especially all the diplomatic meeting. Your appearance won't change the interaction people have with you (except in very specific situations). From a progression point of view, we're working on the balancing of the game to let every player have his/her own run with a fair leveling.

Thanks for your post ! 🙂

Thank you for the answers 🙂

@fortune86 said in Diplomacy Questions:

Lastly, do you still earn exp or suchlike for diplomacy over force? I imagine trying to do a pacifist run only to be under leveled for what fighting does take place would be something of a nightmare.

If you will do pacifist run you can take with you companions who are stronger fighters in case of some unavoidable fights.

@farflame

Do companions not level up with you?