How do you compare this to Escape from tarkov?

First of all I want to say I love hardcore shooters!

Just wondering if you guy have played escape from tarkov yet?because for me that game is the most realistic hardcore FPS shooter game Ihave ever played.
The gun fight is so intense and the details of those guns are just unbelievable!

I played insurgency alots before I met EFT, now I watched some sandstorms video and wondering how do you (devs) compare this to EFT?

Can sandstorm be better than EFT?

Hi there!

First off, thanks for your question!

I've personally played a lot of Escape from Tarkov, and I think it's best said that Sandstorm is a very different game than EFT. You mentioned that you played a lot of Insurgency already, and Insurgency: Sandstorm is very similar to the original Insurgency, with a focus on player-vs-player firefights and realistic shooting. Not so much persistance or focus on looting like in Escape from Tarkov.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

@edward980614 said in How do you compare this to Escape from tarkov?:

Can EFT be better than Insurgency?
Can Tetris be better than MarioKart?

As you can see it all depends on the point of view.
Yes EFT is very good, but also is Insurgency and tbh will be Insurgency Sandstorm.
its not about "which is better" its about "what do you like" and if you like both hell yea just play both and have some fun-time 😉

You cant directly compare such different shooters yes they are both hardcore-tactical but thats it,
but you played Insurgency, so you kinda know what intense action will be waiting for you 😉

last edited by Bl4ckxz

well lets start to make a few points

1. EFT is surivial game pure and simple, Insurgency is NOT! (tho there is a surivival mode)
  2. NWI staff are more dedicated than the shitty DEVS at EFT
  3. NWI care more about users than EFT will and honstley price the game much more competitivly
  4. Insurgency is more fun than EFT

I feel like if you've already played Insurgency then you should already have a good idea for yourself. They are completely different games. I feel like they shouldn't even really be compared.

I have played Insurgency and EFT as well. EFT has persistent elements, while Insurgency is more about playing "matches" in a more traditional multiplayer sort of way. I love them both and I think players of both games will generally appreciate the other. They both have realistic hardcore shooting action and gun modding systems so I'm planning on playing them both for years to come.

Ofcourse it can be better than it!
I have not played EFT, but when I was browsing on their website.. there were some SPECIAl editions of the game which you could purchase for extra bag space ?? I did not like that.
Again I have not played escape from tarkov, the gameplay might be fun, but the way it was advertised and hyped up reminds me of Dayz Standalone; and look where that game is now..

I like Insurgency more. EFT is a little hard because it requires administration skills and knowledge of its specific weapons. Insurgency, on the other hand, is more "casual" focused and can be understood way way way faster. I didn't like the prizing of EFT either. Insurgency games are better for me, case closed.

last edited by 1v4n94

Sound, animation, guns, gunplay, and maps are good in EFT.

Hitreg, server, armor - gun balance, peeker advantage, and performance are still rough in EFT.

DEV made constant updates, and they are releasing 0.10 in next Tuesday.

But IMAO the game mode is too hardcore for me. You have to escape Scavs and PMCs and reach to other side of map without dying. You lose all your gear when you die. I play lonewolf, and it is very hard to complete tasks even with hatchling run. Some even complete task before you and disconnect immediately (some quest item spawns are random). You die instantly when you make sound, but you die when you listen and they just peek at you. People who have tasks can kill others easily, widening the gap between task levels. Wish there was teammode + contract war unlock system.

I played contract wars and insurgency 2. Both are good, and I miss them. Insurgency Sandstorm is a break for me. The gunplay is ok, gamemode is good (coop, but pvp is half half), but I'm waiting for mod support.

last edited by MakiTsuru

In my opinion EFT is the best

We cannot compare there are too many variables that do not cross between its two games. However, I love both.

@Henry-FrogMan said in How do you compare this to Escape from tarkov?:

We cannot compare there are too many variables that do not cross between its two games. However, I love both.

Yes, we can.

In Tarkov any weapon can outclass another regardless of player AIM skill allows the game to shift combat into "whoever was the best survivor gets the advantage" before moving to "who has the best aim"...here it's "who's playing meta weapons or the few weapons that don't take more than 1 round to kill + who aims faster or camps the spawn", your flanking matters little when you're going to get assblasted instantly because armor means nothing and your enemy can't be smoked because NWI keeps breaking them.

The "slow, methodical" gameplay they want to have in Ins:s is over in Tarkov, sans the people clomping around in hallways or running through open fields.

Yes maybe compare to the time to kill which is low on both games certainly but all the same in tarkov how many times i will raid the military base with huge armor ... gold in insurgency the ttk is even more fast.

After that it depends on a lot of things: the game mod of the way to play ... but in eft it's not that at all. I find it much more for hardcore players who for me is incompatible with Insurgency.

Especially because of the necessary knowledge you need to get started in eft .. and it goes beyond simple tutorial or learning cards and loot.

The coop in eft is i think practically essential for tips experienced players.
In insurgency you can without passing. Even if it is nice to play as a team and it is clearly not comparable to that of eft.
Likewise for the gameplay ... and the gun play (not even by the decline in arms which is different for a small exemple ...) totally different.

Would I find, lower the game.

@edward980614 said in How do you compare this to Escape from tarkov?:

First of all I want to say I love hardcore shooters!

Just wondering if you guy have played escape from tarkov yet?because for me that game is the most realistic hardcore FPS shooter game Ihave ever played.
The gun fight is so intense and the details of those guns are just unbelievable!

I played insurgency alots before I met EFT, now I watched some sandstorms video and wondering how do you (devs) compare this to EFT?

First of, I love shooters too, and it's been 2 years since you asked this, so I think it vital to update the matter of things in this case. Escape from Tarkov is now one of the most played shooters and the only thing you can really do is just go with the flow. I for one read a lot guides like this one - https://www.sellersandfriends.com/blog/escape-from-tarkov-tips-in-depth-guide-for-the-eft. Generally I try to minimize my spendings on the game, so guides are good way of making it happen.

EFT has evolved a lot over the years and imo it's way better than Insurgance. Now, it's not even the question, and not an even fight.

Insurgency is borderline between hardcore shooter and arcade rail shooter imo, I've always been a huge fan of insurgencys firearms, the way they feel and how they handle, I enjoy firing a gun that actually does damage (fuck cod and csgo guns are more like airsoft toys.) and i love the tacticoolness of EFT.

EFT is a tad more hardcore as its in line with ARMA for its "simulation" qualities like damage models and inventory management etc. Sandstorm could of been something if the devs weren't snorting crack but that ship left the harbour over 12 months ago and they've shown no interest in trying to revive the game.

I can't compare the two as they aren't the same category of game.
Both have their pros and cons with sandstorm having many more cons than pros imho, both have satisfying firearms, EFT has the better dev team and community liason officers.