map objects?

i have just started to explore mapping. (hat's off to all the mapper's out there!!, no small affair)
are there sources to get additional static objects for my maps? placeable extras to give a higher level of detail. or even some goofy, fun objects .. Rufus

yes i would be interested in this too the models in game get a bit repetitive however it does make you more creative with the models in game .. if it was not for spuns and nix's custom rocks then it wouldnt be as fun in my opinion 🙂

I got some models of the Russian site, a big folder of stuff, I'm not at home right now but I'll find the link

@rufus, This was posted in the forums a while back.

VG_Objects_R.K-MudRunner.rar

I have no idea what's in there but there is a bunch. Most of the folder names are in Russian so you'll have to rename them to work.

edit: hehehe, we both posted while each other was typing. lol

last edited by Tattoo

@rufus I'd ask SPUN NIX or Wrenchinmonkey to use their content. Objects from old ST work as well. I use content from Their overlanding map and "The Few"

EDIT: The models seem to have issues, constantly getting prebuild errors and a few crashes. I'm not sure if its because I'm using almost every model in that archive or not.

@tattoo Thanks for posting that, it has some interesting models to say the least. alt text

last edited by Wolfly

i tried copying over some objects from the few but get out of date errors and now my editor just hangs up 😞

@roughrider said in map objects?:

@rufus I'd ask SPUN NIX or Wrenchinmonkey to use their content. Objects from old ST work as well. I use content from Their overlanding map and "The Few"

@shuffy
Always ask the author's permission before pinching custom assets. 🙂
I've got an exploration map basically complete that I can't/won't release because it contains assets from another modder and I haven't been given the go ahead from them...
I'm also working on my first truck mod. I've learned enough about 3DSMax from YT tutorials to be dangerous now... Nowhere even close to the level of guys like @Spun @Nix_909 et al though...

i wont be using them on my map .. they dont belong on my map as they are models built for their maps . i just wanted to see how they looked and how they built them .. i prefer using the original models or if i could i would build my own .. but for now its interesting to see the scale and the detail

also pretty sure the models get used by a lot of map makers now ...

@Spun @Nix_909 Is it possible to use your models or not ?

also is there a way to make signs static in game i.e banners etc

last edited by A Former User