Going to lose a lot of players if mods don’t come to consoles fast

FIX THIS FAST!! I along with a lot of other players pre-ordered your game weeks in advance for the PS4 console within two days we had beaten the whole game there are all kinds of mods for PC but not for consoles which is absolutely ridiculous if you don’t add more maps more vehicles modifications to make it more user-friendly you were going to lose a lot of players your your PS4 online servers suck you can never get on keeps timing out there’s a lot of issues that you all need to fix before you lose a lot of players I would stop worrying about PC and start worrying about the consoles

last edited by terry911

Hi, the first goal of the team at Saber was to bring the Spintires experience to consoles in a new improved version. Releasing the best possible base game was the first priority, and we just added wheel support, a new camera modes and various other improvements. Now we're working hard on adding more content shortly, especially more maps and vehicles.

We hear your requests about mods on consoles and we understand them. They won't be available in the short run on PS4 and Xbox One. But we plan to support MudRunner in the long run and we'll develop future updates with community feedback in mind.

last edited by Jellyfoosh

@netheos I think you should really change your priorities and put everything into bring mods to consoles as FAST as possible. Adding 1 or 2 maps and 1 or 2 vehicles, while its cool and I welcome it, it just cannot compete with having tons of modders creating tons of vehicles and maps. Having this much community created content will lengthen the life of the game a lot in consoles, but not other features like adding wheel support or some other minor things.

I dont have a console, I play in PC and I dislike having tons of low quality mods, so you can be sure that I say all of this from what I honestly think that it is better for the game, not for me.

If you have doubts, you can also make a poll in the forums and ask the players what they really want in first place. Or if you really want to nail the poll you can implement an ingame poll that asks just once to all players, this way you will be absolutely sure of what the players want.

@netheos Releasing the best possible base game was the first priority, and we just added wheel support...

Yeah sure, especially the wheel support on consoles for Fanatec Wheel owners turned out to be a big succes; we have to wait for the next update to get that right... I love where this is going...

Eveytime console mods are brought up the Devs just copy and paste the same exact thing they say everytime. Because if they were straight forward and gave the truthful answer of" No we are not going to make mods available on console" they would lose alot of players and sales would plumit. They just gove this false hope to hook player to keep making money, which is a very crooked thing to do if you are trying to make a good reputation for themselves

I would rather choose official support every 3 months or so with a DLC than MODding to be honest.But thats just me.

i have this game now on console and pc. I started with console but got tired of waiting on empty promises so I did away with the logging trucks. My birthday wasn't long ago and my bro surprised me with a laptop with mud runner on it along with some maps and mods. I'm very happy to have the game on pc however there are plenty of problems with that game still, plus the mods are hit or miss when it comes to actually working with the game or crashing it. There are a few guys out there and they know who they are that make some incredible mods that are very reliable and thank you for them. So anyways, going forward with console I would definetly suggest going with a DLC and not mods. Unless the Devs are going to hire these master mod guys I would say they have no chance of creating secure mods in a favorable time.

@terry911 said in Going to lose a lot of players if mods don’t come to consoles fast:

FIX THIS FAST!! I along with a lot of other players pre-ordered your game weeks in advance for the PS4 console within two days we had beaten the whole game there are all kinds of mods for PC but not for consoles which is absolutely ridiculous if you don’t add more maps more vehicles modifications to make it more user-friendly you were going to lose a lot of players your your PS4 online servers suck you can never get on keeps timing out there’s a lot of issues that you all need to fix before you lose a lot of players I would stop worrying about PC and start worrying about the consoles

You have a very bad case of entitlement. It would be bad if it was coming from a PC player. But the fact it comes from a console player... Where you pretty much know what your getting... Because you bought a console... Then just demanding that if things dont change soon, they will loose their players on console.

They probably had to rewrite the code so you could play vanilla. Also take in to consideration that they have a long drawn out and unpleasant battle uphill with Microsoft and Sony just to allow mods. Bottom line here... Dont take your regret rage for getting a console out on these people. Go get a job, ask mommy for a raise (for cleaning dog poo), Get a paper route, or just do something to make some money and make a better choice next time. That simple... You done even need that robust of a system to play this game. The only ridiculous thing here is players like you. I hope the developers go out of there way to ignore cry baby entitlement rage paragraphs like yours.