Spintires on console

So I've had the game since release and I can truthfully say I'm bored with it. Gamestop sells it for $20. 2 months and already half priced. Th fan base is slowly dying and to be honest without mods this game will die off into oblivion

don't play on console then if you want to mod your games. simple as that.

Hi, the first goal of the team at Saber was to bring the Spintires experience to consoles in a new improved version. Releasing the best possible base game was the first priority, and we just added wheel support, a new camera modes and various other improvements. Now we're working hard on adding more content shortly, especially more maps and vehicles.

We hear your requests about mods on consoles and we understand them. They won't be available in the short run on PS4 and Xbox One. But we plan to support MudRunner in the long run and we'll develop future updates with community feedback in mind.

last edited by Jellyfoosh

@netheos said in Spintires on console:

Hi, the first goal of the team at Saber was to bring the Spintires experience to consoles in a new improved version. Releasing the best possible base game was the first priority, and we just added wheel support, a new camera modes and various other improvements. Now we're working hard on adding more content shortly, especially more maps and vehicles.

We hear your requests about mods on consoles and we understand them. They won't be available in the short run on PS4 and Xbox One. But we plan to support Spintires: MudRunner in the long run and we'll develop future updates with community feedback in mind.

Do you all ever make an effort to actually respond and put thought into your conversations with the communtiy or is everything just copy and paste woth you all. Might as well talk to one of those automated machines annoying tellamarketers use, since you all are already about as equal as them now. Never seen a game and Dev team go downhill so fast. Not only has the game dropped in price by half in just over a month, but there is a huge following of people who are pissed because they wasted money on a game that is literallly not getting any support to make the game enjoyable or extend the playability. Yes there are a few that will defend this game very hard and say we all need to stop whining, but they are the ones that are lap dogs for the dev team, or make youtube videos promoting the game and dont want to speak the truth because they dont want to lose fans or sponsorships

@sloppyslingers said in Spintires on console:

Do you all ever make an effort to actually respond and put thought into your conversations with the communtiy or is everything just copy and paste woth you all. Might as well talk to one of those automated machines annoying tellamarketers use, since you all are already about as equal as them now. Never seen a game and Dev team go downhill so fast. Not only has the game dropped in price by half in just over a month, but there is a huge following of people who are pissed because they wasted money on a game that is literallly not getting any support to make the game enjoyable or extend the playability. Yes there are a few that will defend this game very hard and say we all need to stop whining, but they are the ones that are lap dogs for the dev team, or make youtube videos promoting the game and dont want to speak the truth because they dont want to lose fans or sponsorships

I second this; very disappointed in my purchase.

@rhs your not alone there are many of us that are disappointed. This game should of never made it to console with the miniscule content thats available. They could of put more time into it and made it larger and more enjoyable, but it was more of a cash grab situation.They keep saying there will be more content is the future but nothing anytime soon more so in the long run. Well id like to know who they will be releasing content for because this game wont make it long term. Its already dieing out just after a month and half after release.

Your request about having mods on consoles is loud and clear, but we copy paste the same answer because it's still valid. Having regular mods on console requires a big team to check the quality of the mods, additionally to the development of the base game. The MudRunner team isn't currently big enough to handle that. Bringing mods to consoles is also a technical challenge and takes time to implement.

We received many requests about features such as a new camera modes and wheel support and are doing our best to show that the game is supported both in the short run and long run. It's been only a few weeks since release, new content is coming, we're absolutely studying how to implement mods on consoles, but don't expect tomorrow, or even in a weeks to come.

@netheos i understand it takes a team larger than what you have, but what im trying to get through is by the time they get arpund to putting mods, new vehicles or a map into the game, there wont be anyone left playing it to actually enjoy it. It doesnt take much to make a basic lifted truck and add it into the game. It doesnt even have to look good as long as its different and got big tires people would be happy. You could throw and old beater 80s model pickup thats rusted all to crap and sounds like its going to croke as long as it eats thrpugh the mid and climbs hill people wouldnt care

@netheos How would you approach the mods on consoles? If its like steam workshop where players subscribe and unbsubscribe then it wouldnt be a problem.

However from your explanation I think that you cant implement a wokshop like steam, so you would have to manually include mods into the game. If it comes to this, as you said, you would need a lot of manpower to filter the good mods. My suggestion is to entitle some community moderators to filter the good mods, test them, see if they are worthy, maybe adjust them if they are overpowered (some good models are very overpowered), and then pass them to the devs so they can certify them in steam and include them in the game. You would need the permission of the authors, tho.

Oi precisamos de veículos novos dlc já, pelo menos um caminhão velho em ferrujado, assim agente ficar aguadando conteúdo maior na próxima atualização , # dlc e mods

last edited by fabio brasil

@araxp said in Spintires on console:

@netheos How would you approach the mods on consoles? If its like steam workshop where players subscribe and unbsubscribe then it wouldnt be a problem.

As far as I know, consoles doesn't allow something similar to the Steam workshop, where everyone can publish anything, even broken mods. Mods have to be selected and tested before being made available for players, hence the need of a dedicated team. That's how Farming Simulator 17 does it.

Mudrunner and fs17 are both made by focus. If you guys can implement mods in one why not the other? This beating around the bush is getting old

Not "made" but "published" is more accurate I think...

last edited by Sodoma

@dylexicfreak said in Spintires on console:

Mudrunner and fs17 are both made by focus. If you guys can implement mods in one why not the other? This beating around the bush is getting old

Focus is publishing both games, but FS17 is developed by Giants Software and MudRunner by Saber Interactive, which have nothing in common.

@dylexicfreak Netheos answered, but still just because the same company makes them, they are hardly the same game. also FS has been out on console for a bit now compared to Mud Runner. there are also other things involved i imagine, like possible licensing, testing for bugs and errors, figuring out and picking what to add as possible mods.

imo, if people can not have some patience and also think it is all just "so easy" to do, then i always just say make your own then if you can not wait and think it is all that easy to do (which people have done, or at least attempted on PC, but i know this is not the case for console). i do understand though about wanting console mods and i really do not blame people not liking to have to wait for things when PC seems to get everything first and prioritized, but then again the game was made for PC and is (for what it is worth) easier to mod and update since PC has such a head start on things.

boils down to just having a bit of patience and giving a little extra time for things. some may argue, but really imo focus took a big bite when they decided to go to console, especially with the history of the game and community. PC people are fussy enough, but are somewhat used to this sort of stuff. where as consoles people seem to kind of expect more. this is just all my opinion, but one thing is a fact. it takes time to get things done regardless of what company or game.

last edited by A Former User

@Netheos
I just checked and there are "only" 7 pages of mods in the workshop. Take out the trash mods and redundant (you are not gonna add, for example, more 260 or 4320 trucks) and the numbers I think that they are affordable to test. If you add a filter of community moderators, even better.

From those 7 pages I have 30 mods in favorites which are the ones I consider worthy of testing but I havent tested yet. If it was for the game I could add maybe around 10 more that I didnt like externally tho they were good models.

@araxp question, out of those vehicle you are considering worthy, how many can be released without worry of licensing though? with the workshop a private party creates a mod and then uploads it to the workshop with out needing approval (basicly think of it as being considered as Fan Art) where as if a company was to take those same creations and upload them for public to use on console even when free to get having problems. notice how the original vehicle looked like their actual real life counterparts? but now with the new version those vehicles have been changed just enough that they are not so exact on replicating those real life vehicles? some people figure they did this so there was no worry of possible licensing lawsuits. the original game flew just enough under the radar i feel they got lucky nothing happened because of those replicated vehicles, but now with the game being more in the public spotlight and available on console now, opening it up to many more users could attract the attention of those real life vehicle companies who might not like the idea of "their" vehicles being reproduced for a game and they are not seeing the possible money from those recreations of their real life work. this is where i feel the real problem will be for getting most user created mods on console.

@8up-local Thats actually the same problem PC has, but the problem itself wouldnt so much the workshop but the act of making the mods part of the game.

Well, I have 2 suggestions for this. The first one is to add another filter and check only the ones that can be considered different enough from real life ones. This narrows the amounts of mods by a lot, if there is even something left..

The second suggestions is to directly ask the modders. Put some rules like "if the model looks good, you alter it sufficiently to not be sueable and its not overpowered, then its very likely to get certified and will be a priority among other mods". There could even be a simple form where the author could ask directly, like "hey, i did everything you said, here is my mod".

@araxp well i have never considered myself as a mod builder. i figured the upload side would be about the same and not really all that different. what would be the most you would have to do? convert the mod for that consoles format? that would seem easier to do than getting licensing to me. like i say though i am not mod builder so what do i know. lol

This post is deleted!