should i buy mudrunner

Im debating buying mudrunner just because the mud and water physics, looks fun to drive around. But it feels like a demo for just that, heres a taste of what future game terrain will be like and thats it. I haul logs across farm sim maps and its fun, but after i cut down trees and load up my truck , furthermore i run those truck loads of lumber to get paid so i can buy a new mower or tractor or even a building to place somewhere to improve my town. sometimes im short on cash n i think to myself ' ugh gotta run some lumber to get paid ' , it gets to be a chore but its worth doing because i then have money to customize a truck or buy a better piece of equipment, mudrunner seems to be just running logs all day then on to the next map. So is there plans to eventually add a sandbox mode where i can develop the map, place buildings, do other jobs, customize vehicles ect ect? if so then i'll definitely purchase it and help fund it towards that, but if its just strictly mudrunner log hauler then im most likely just going to pass on this, not enough to pour my free time into. either way much respect to the developers, this game definitely gets me hyped for the future of gaming, the way mud and water reacts to vehicles is just incredible

@FanboysRcringe
What platform would you be playing on? The mod community is thriving already for PC, and the devs/publishers are staying on top of updates and bugfixes for all versions (one of those updates is even due to drop this week!)

@mexican_420 Is it? Was it official news?

@fanboysrcringe I suggest you to buy Mudrunner and test it for less than 2 hours, if you do not like it, you can always demand a refund and wait hoping that once the game will have at least some of the things that interest you. For now, the biggest thing that has been announced are tracked vehicles. What's next, who knows? The game has a lot of potential. Regards.

@fanboysrcringe i would not recommend buying this game for console right now. This is just due to lack of content and playability. The game can be beat in -10 hours, there is 6 maps and 19 vehicles that get boring very quickly. If you got $30 to spend on a game you may just want to save up and get farming simulator since they have mods to keep the game fresh. I would not recommend anyone that gets bored with games quickly or doesnt like playing the same exact scenario everytime you load the game to buy this game. Maybe once more vehicles or mods are made available this may be a better buy but right now its just not worth it. This game should of never been released to console without mod support or more content, the game is going to be dead before content is even released

This game is certainly a technological marvel in certain aspects, but I would not expect this fidelity of water and mud simulation to be implemented in other games, simply because it just isn't needed. For games that are similar to this, sure, but for example Battlefield games don't need flight simulator level of flight physics, and GTA doesn't need racing simulator physics. It all comes down to what games you're making, and realism is not at all some objectively good feature.

To get back a bit more on topic, I highly doubt there's going to be anything like a progression system where you can buy and upgrade stuff.

@knight25 said in should i buy mudrunner:

@fanboysrcringe I suggest you to buy Mudrunner and test it for less than 2 hours, if you do not like it, you can always demand a refund and wait hoping that once the game will have at least some of the things that interest you. For now, the biggest thing that has been announced are tracked vehicles. What's next, who knows? The game has a lot of potential. Regards.

Link?

@bluebirde

Pavel said in Few words from developers!:

@alexsandr Hello!
We are doing our best to deliver features you are waiting for asap. Tracked vehicles is one of the top priorities. Thank you for your patience!
Александр, мы стараемся делать новые интересные функции в игре как можно быстрее. Гусеничная техника это один из основных приоритетов! Спасибо за терпение!

last edited by knight25

or torrent it, then buy it if you like it...

@Araxp
No dude, just no.
If you want it, BUY IT. Please don't suggest piracy in the publishers' own forum...
:-|

@mexican_420 im not suggesting piracy and im tired of thin skinned people who get triggered by one or two words without having in mind the whole text.

i didnt say "torrent it and dont ever buy it". i have downloaded some games like this then bought them when i liked them. and honestly, i should have done it earlier, because i bought some games that i didnt like and i regret it and even feel scammed (looking at simcity 2013...)

last edited by Araxp

@Araxp
whispers
Me too man, I just didn't want to see anybody getting grief from the admins about it...
Not triggered. 🙂

I have it, I'd like to say I'm glad I bought it. In some ways I'm glad I did but do I use it daily like other games I have, no! I stopped using it and perhaps when/if they add maps in the Workshop I'll return to it. I sure won't ever trust the Devs on another game if this never appears. I'll also make sure the world knows about it. Once bitten, twice shy, a third time never happens and Spintires becomes a one hit wonder, not Mudrunner-just a clone with some bling added. I'd suggest nobody else buy it until and if promises are fulfilled. I wouldn't even mod for it but continue with Spintires.

last edited by Rieder_Mudrunner