Been a long time.

Like it’s says it has been quite a long time since I have been on the forums here and an even longer time since I have played the game but from a pretty general consensus the game sounds pretty damn broken still and not even remotely like Insurgency or what an Insurgency game should be. Very sad to say the least... oh well and I will just say one more thing “Vampire TDM”? Lmao smdh...

Devs have lost touch with the community, that's an understatement and a half.
Think the new cod game might actually be worth the investment since ss is fucked and the devs have jumped ship lmao

what you said sums up the problem with Sandstorm in a nut shell. They tried to alter the Insurgency brand to get all the COD/BF console people to like their game. I said the whole time they will just abandon the game when the next yearly release of COD drops. Now its dropped and away they go. Now the people that have been supporting NWI for years (me) have already left. EVERYTHING they did with sandstorm was to appease these bunny hopping strafe key spamming comp shooter players. Im sure they switched to huge maps so the BF sniper losers would be satisfied with sandstorm. Along with the lightning fast movement. Now they are being abandoned by the very jerks they were sucking up too. Lame kids have no loyalty, ahahahaha. Hard lesson learned.

Yeah agreed. I haven't been on here since beta and the game is still just as bad as it was then. It feels nothing like an insurgency game, maps are massive and random, movement is ridiculous and weapons do no damage at all. And worst of all it took all the long time players off the old game so now thats dead too. Any good games I can entertain myself with, I've been so bored recently?

@Rifleman Yeah you pretty much nailed it. Are there any refuges from these inane children left when it comes to shooters? I've given up on sandstorm, if there had been a focus on community servers from the beginning maybe we would have had time to build communities without the bunny-hop, loser sniper culture, but it's too late for that now.

In all honestly, in the last couple months, I haven't just quit sandstorm, I've quit gaming all together. Maybe I'm just getting old, but I feel like children are a cancer that is destroying anything of value in the medium. Every game panders to them because they have their parents' money to spend (whereas those of us who work only have time for and are only willing to spend hard-earned money on a much fewer, more niche games), and their gameplay preferences are pretty much diametrically opposed to mine.

last edited by marshaul

Hi guys,

Let's give the devs some credit here. Yes, they made some miscalculations in their design, the outline of which we are all familiar with. They also have made a ton of improvements this past year. Without question the game runs better now on more systems, we have map voting, vote kicking, Sinjar/Ministry, and a host of other updates. NWI had to do all this while relocating to a new country and initiating a hiring frenzy. This last sentence gives me some hope, as it says NWI is still decently funded.

Ultimately, they made some poor design choices, released the game on PC way too early, lost track momentarily that listening to players is what made their original games better, and are now paying for it.

@Zucchini -- honestly i would check out Rising Storm 2 Vietnam if your looking for a tactical experience. Run and gun will get one gunned down in that game. Weekends it has around 1400-1700 players. Drops during the week to the 700-900 range. When i game on the weekend i never have issues finding a full server w/ good ping (below 170ish for that game). Its a game that is comfortable with its identity and not trying to straddle the fence and appease all players (which is impossible). All the bunny hop "im a sniper" crowd hate the game. That means green light for me. ahahaha. Give it a try, its the best Nam experience ever in a game in my opinion.

@marshaul said in Been a long time.:

"Every game panders to them because they have their parents' money to spend (whereas those of us who work only have time for and are only willing to spend hard-earned money on a much fewer, more niche games), and their gameplay preferences are pretty much diametrically opposed to mine."

Exact truth. It seems every shooter ends up going down the BF route to pander to the run & gun crowd. Tactical gameplay slowly gets chipped away (as if im not gonna notice) to pull in the "aiming & shooting is the only skill" crowd. 1st it will be suppression effects, then it will be limiting fire support, then it will be make vaulting lightning quick. And before you know it, your playing COD. Then clowns come to the forums and say "we need something new in the FPS genre".....

@Rifleman said in Been a long time.:

@marshaul said in Been a long time.:

"Every game panders to them because they have their parents' money to spend (whereas those of us who work only have time for and are only willing to spend hard-earned money on a much fewer, more niche games), and their gameplay preferences are pretty much diametrically opposed to mine."

Exact truth. It seems every shooter ends up going down the BF route to pander to the run & gun crowd. Tactical gameplay slowly gets chipped away (as if im not gonna notice) to pull in the "aiming & shooting is the only skill" crowd. 1st it will be suppression effects, then it will be limiting fire support, then it will be make vaulting lightning quick. And before you know it, your playing COD. Then clowns come to the forums and say "we need something new in the FPS genre".....

Did you know battlefield use to be a good game that was not cod like at all? Battlefield 2 was the last real battlefield game, when 3 came it that's when EA really had decided to try and match cods style to steal their playerbase, gone were long tactical firefights and calling in artillery support while lone wolves move into overhead position and spot targets of priority.... Now its just sprint about, use the gun with the fastest rof or the highest alpha damage and run about stabbing and shooting people while dolphin diving and spamming frags.