Greedfall doesn't start on Xbox One X

I've had it installed on internal and external drives, still breaks. Deffo a 4k issue, maybe the menus etc are causing a crash in 4k.

Yeah, I'm 99% sure the issue is tied to the 4K settings on Xbox One X.

The good news is that narrows the problem down. And since I have NEVER had this issue with ANY other game on Xbox One X, I'm sure it'll be an easy fix for Spiders.

Same problem here, game crashes on boot and then after 20-30sec Xbox shuts off.

TV LG 55 4K HDR
Xbox one X with external hdd, game is on the internal hdd though

@cremersniels said in Greedfall doesn't start on Xbox One X:

Same problem here, game crashes on boot and then after 20-30sec Xbox shuts off.

TV LG 55 4K HDR
Xbox one X with external hdd, game is on the internal hdd though

That's what I thought. Having Greedfall installed on an internal or external hard drive doesn't seem to affect the issue one way or another.

It definitely is tied to the 4K settings on the Xbox One X console.

One more thing. I doubt this makes any difference either, but for the sake of being thorough for Spiders, my digital copy of Greedfall says it is version 1.0.0.4.

last edited by hiro_protagonist

@hiro_protagonist Same here 1.0.0.4x64 it says when I request file info on my xbox for Greedfall.

Hope this gets fixed soon. Only just got it and not working 😞

Have tried the turning 1080p on instead of 4k and still no luck. Argh was so looking forward to playing this today

Untick 4K overide in Xbox settings (video/display)..... start game...start playing or load a save. Tick 4K again by suspending the game and going to display settings....and it will switch back to 4K....HDR does not switch back on though...but it can be played and in 1400 or 1800p...I don't think it's native 4K...Enjoy.

last edited by Mezzer

Atleast its being looked into.. But its for sure 100% the 4K setting with "Allow 4K" being toggled on.. So it should not be super Hard to fix.

And it works fine if you start in 1080p and then switch to 4K after actually being ingame and running around.

Hello everyone,

Would any of you, by chance, have these options activated?
Settings > Preferences > Broadcast & capture > Game clip resolution > 4K SDR
Settings > Preferences > Broadcast & capture > Game clip resolution > 4K HDR

If so, could you set it to 1080p and try to launch the game with the "Allow 4K" option activated ?

Yep, will try it tonight and post - thanks for the update

@Focus_Oswaldo Hi, I changed the settings as advised and the game loads and starts without any problems.

@Focus_Oswaldo "Settings > Preferences > Broadcast & capture > Game clip resolution > 4K HDR"
It's my config.
I try it tonight so. I'll be back with some news ,so

I haven't bought the game yet, and I really want it. But when I learned of the problem, I was discouraged from buying on the spot.

For curiosity:
Does this only happen on Xbox X? And the Xbox One S?

Why do I have an Xbox S. Does Xbox S also occur?
But I see everyone quoting only from Xbox X.

@Focus_Oswaldo

Hey Oswaldo,

I changed those settings you explained and it seems to work perfectly. Even HDR is working now. Only one issue remains: you can't change the brightness when HDR is running.

Seems you guys almost found the solution. Cheers. 🙂

last edited by Chad Lag

@Focus_Oswaldo hello Alain
So ok I put my capture settings to sdr 1080p, and
the game is launching now.
It's ok now :thanks to you
BUT tell that you are working on a fix or patch ?
😉
Regards
Panda

I'm not changing anything on my xbox the settings will stay as 4k HDR and when you buy the game it clearly states HDR and xbox one x enhanced and not to be rude but that is false advertising on something it is not and it's your company's damn fault and people shouldn't have to change their settings on their consoles just to play the game and i am one of them people who will not change a damn thing your company needs to give the customers what they paid for no half ass work arounds to get it to run period.

@pissed-off said in Greedfall doesn't start on Xbox One X:

I'm not changing anything on my xbox the settings will stay as 4k HDR and when you buy the game it clearly states HDR and xbox one x enhanced and not to be rude but that is false advertising on something it is not and it's your company's damn fault and people shouldn't have to change their settings on their consoles just to play the game and i am one of them people who will not change a damn thing your company needs to give the customers what they paid for no half ass work arounds to get it to run period.

Lolz