brightness issues

hey hey,

every now and then the game gets darker. Sometimes after spawning it's "almost night ingame", hitting ESC to go to the menu and back to the game solves it, until it gets darker again. Then going to the menu and back doesn't solve it, but resupplying. Sometimes I have to go to the menu and back multiple times and everytime it gets a little brighter, or darker. it's totally random...

after spawn
20190904232801_1.jpg

after opening the menu and go back
20190904232803_1.jpg

GPU is a GTX1070, I'm currently on the latest drivers (436.15)

my settings:
20190907133404_1.jpg 20190907133402_1.jpg 20190907133352_1.jpg

I think this behaviour got worse from update to update and it didn't bother me for a long time, but in the last weeks it annoys me very hard...

I once had the case while spectating, that there was a black "overlay" that faded in from the the corners until the whole screen turned black. Hitting ESC twice and everything went back to normal...

hope this can be solved in the near future. If you need more details, let me know...

ive had this issue since the beta

Hello @lt_delay,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Can you upload your DxDiag here, please?

@chaton said in brightness issues:

Hello @lt_delay,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Can you upload your DxDiag here, please?

sent you a private message with a link to the dxdiag... ✌

Auto-exposure levels are tied to lighting scenario themselves so it needs to be adjusted per level. Are these screenshots from Precinct ? @lt_delay

Some level of auto-exposure is going to be there as that's what we decided to use, however sometimes due to lighting scenario changes it may get overly dark or bright at peak levels which this one seems to be the case.

yes, that's on Precinct, Insurgents Spawn without car intro...

auto exposure is nice, i like it how it's in Ground Branch, but here it's a little bugged.
I'll take screenshots the next time it happens to find the places where it buggy and will let you know here... ✌

Hi !
Same glitch I reported here : https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/42073/auto-exposure-dark-maps

I'm no developper and have zero knowledge about UE4 or even coding, but I'll ask anyway... Can auto-exposure be disabled ? It would fix the problem, I guess. The game doesn't need it that much, and it's glitched anyway, so...

@Arc said in brightness issues:

Some level of auto-exposure is going to be there as that's what we decided to use, however sometimes due to lighting scenario changes it may get overly dark or bright at peak levels which this one seems to be the case.

@Grumf As per my comment above, the auto-exposure is intentional and will stay there. The only issue is that some levels may have extreme values for dark/light limits or may have dark/bright spots in general. This will be tweaked/fixed by our level designers if such issues are found and logged.

You can disable auto-exposure via engine.ini tweak however all that does is defaults to the darkest value of it.

@Arc I see... Too bad. Well, it might stay a problem on the long run and require a lot of tweaking. Auto exposure tends to make maps really dark over time, and the only way to reset it is by facing the right direction and pressing escape two times. Even with less extreme values, the "darkening" of the maps would still occure, and the only efficient yet temporary fix would be to press escape.

But hey, as I said... I don't have the knowledge you guys have, so... I hope level designers can fix this issue.

Farmhouse Insurgents, D
a round earlier at the cache, resupplying (prees M, then resupply) gave me back normal light conditions, but in that round the brightness was stuck at this level in the building...

20190917224509_1.jpg

edit: @chaton:
got the opportunity to take 2 screens on Farmhouse again...
resupplied using M (enu) and the Resupply button.
didn't test 2*Esc or holding F, think I'm gonna do that the next times in the situation before resupplying...

20190918211952_1.jpg
20190918211955_1.jpg

last edited by lt_delay

Hope this gets fixed soon as it's a major problem.

It seems the lower the FOV the worse it gets.