[Spoilers] Thanks to Asobo Studio!

Praise:
I hadn't known about Plague Tale, I just stumbled across it as a port of my origin subscription; I had played the single player campaign of Star Wars: Battlefront II and needed a break from the other two games I am currently busy with, Pillars of Eternity and Darksiders III.

I wasn't actually expecting much when I installed the game. The screen shots looked good, so even if it would have been just a boring, barely interactive movie, I wouldn't have complained about it.

However, this game just blew me away.

There are few games which ever got me so captivated.The ones I can think of would be: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Mass Effect / Mass Effect 2, Tomb Raider (2013). (If I include 90's games I'd also put the C64 games Pirates and Maniac Mansion, and the MS DOS games Command & Conquer, Baldur's Gate II, Day of the Tentacle, Unreal, Wing Commander: Privateer and Battle Isle 2 on the list... but that's difficult to compare - games were different then and I was a lot different then.)

I haven't seen a take on the Dark Ages that felt so authentic and one can feel that A Plague Tale is not just set in France, it is French. The atmosphere, the moments of relief in between and the historic reference.

It has been a lot of fun, thank you. 馃檪

I would also like to congratulate the German translation and voice-over team. It was outstandingly good compared to what other German versions I've seen (I tend to play in English if the original is English, even when a German version is provided) and I grateful that they did not mess up the French flair of the games. "Hugo" was consequently pronounced french, and titles and references were left intact. It was Mademoiselle de R没nes, for example, not Fr盲ulein de R没nes. I would have cringed at that, but most voice over versions would have made that mistake.

Criticism:
If may offer a bit of criticism, albeit on a high level: I found a bit disorienting that the game could not quite make up its mind wants to portrait the medieval authentically, or whether it wants to be fantasy. A few things that I would have attributed to the superstitious mind set at the time turned out to be true during towards the end of the game. That said, I would have liked a bit more background on the tradition of Alchemists to which B茅atrice belonged and what that book is to which several chapters of the game are dedicated. It's possible that I might have missed something only thing we learn is that it's apparently a Roman tradition.

Questions regarding achievements and outcome:
How varied is the outcome of the game? I played through the game, but from what I can see in the achievements in Origins, I missed most optional stuff. Not counting the achievements for having completed the chapters and the game as a whole, the only achievement I have are "Mitf眉hlend" ("compassionate", I suppose) for having spared the wounded soldiers when I returned to the de R没nes estate, and one for having created 100 pieces of ammunition (which is probably inevitable).

In chapter XVII it seems like the game does reflect on decisions of the game. The game does not let me enter the fair, which Hugo likes to see so much. It kinda feels like there would be another outcome, like if I had somehow managed to either avoid attention while crossing the village, or had not somehow managed to avoid killing the man who was hunting us. If the old woman, who helped gave Amacia and Hugo clothes and helped them escape earlier, I haven't seen her.

Some achievements are a bit strange... I don't have the achievement for going through the front door, even though I thought I did.

I don't have the achievement for staying with captain and I have no idea which captain it's referring to... I can only guess it may have been during chapter II.

Also the "savior" ("Retter" in German) achievement is not quite clear to me... I think it may have been the soldier caught in a fence, whom I killed by driving the rats towards him. The was a torch next to him, which I could have lighted up, but I couldn't figure out how to do that without getting myself killed.

What I would like to know most is whether there will be sequel. I understand that these things take time, but, given it's apparent success, it would be in EA's best interest to keep funding further titles. The title alone kinda implies it... why add "Innocence" to it, otherwise. It sounds like an episode title to me.

last edited by Feuerrabe

Thank you so much for taking the time to share all of this with us, it really means a lot @Feuerrabe!
We are really happy you loved the german dub and translation.
Thank you regarding the achievement feedbacks. You can indeed get the "savior" one by saving the soldier. You can check this video out if you really want this achievement.
If you want to ask for way to get specific trophy, feel free 馃檪 I can find videos and tutorials to help you out.
Thank you so much for your support, it's greatly appreciated!