Deer noobs, casuals, and COOP players,

Deer noobs, casuals, and COOP players,
Please, when commenting on the forums, take into consideration that you really have no clue what makes a good Competitive FPS game. I see so many well thought out posts about issues in this game, describing them in detail, and the comments are filled with yall shooting them down like you are superior to them, then turning around and saying how good this game is and that there is nothing wrong with it. The fact that a player with 40 hours is shit talking a player with 500+ hours about how their post is completely wrong and they should stop crying, says something. The people who get killed ingame and then go complaining on the forums, blaming it on everything except their poor skill also says something.
Stop making up stupid fudge that makes no sense and that benefits you and you alone. I really don't need to provide examples because they are everywhere.
There is a difference between an opinion and being wrong.

last edited by Raibi

Condescending and useless... Might want to rethink how you share your opinions, dude.

I agree with @Grumf. This is an open forum with people from everywhere sharing about the game.
Please, don't forget to be respectful towards others. Rejecting others based on their skill levels doesn't really pay off and comes off as really condescending.
We aim to listen to everyone's feedbacks and opinions.

Is there a deer here? I came looking for the deer!

If you mean me, let's take this to the moshpit. Autosnipers are the bane of push.

@ham-cucumber said in Deer noobs, casuals, and COOP players,:

If you mean me, let's take this to the moshpit. Autosnipers are the bane of push.

I'd agree with this one because the SVD just shouldn't be in the Advisor's hands, as well as the M14 EBR.

@Raibi said in Deer noobs, casuals, and COOP players,:

I agree with @Grumf. This is an open forum with people from everywhere sharing about the game.
Please, don't forget to be respectful towards others. Rejecting others based on their skill levels doesn't really pay off and comes off as really condescending.
We aim to listen to everyone's feedbacks and opinions.

Well, while @CatNipples isn't being very respectful in this post, I still get what he means. This actually happens on the forums (albeit mostly the Steam Discussions) where I'll talk about something I've actually tested and done research on in-game and I'll get talked down by new players who think I'm just garbage or something.

I honestly can't believe how Sandstorm has a 90% positive review rating. I guess that just goes to show that the Insurgency: Source vets all abandoned Sandstorm and all we have left are these new players.

They don't know the history of the game. They have no idea how this game played out in the CTA. They don't think the game has any issues because they started playing while the issues already existed, so they just assume that those mechanics are what makes up an Insurgency game.

Meanwhile, the guys who have been playing the game since the Alpha, like me, have gone through all of these updates that change game mechanics for the worse and just dumbs down the game altogether. But when we make Forum posts about the hipfire or about the movement speed or the ADS time not being like Source, we get talked down by these new players who never even played Insurgency: Source.

Oh yeah hipfire. I feel stupid everytime I use it.

Oh yeah hipfire. I feel stupid everytime I use it.

It works for some guns; namely, the ones with low horizontal recoil. Most of the ARs have between 7 and 13 horiz. recoil and anything above that pretty much means that the hipfire recoil is going to go all over the place at random. There's also increased vertical recoil that you have to account for. That being said, never hipfire an SMG. The Uzi might work if you don't have a drum mag (which you should never use on the Uzi btw; it makes the recoil absolutely terrible).

last edited by MarksmanMax

I don't know, I feel you should be able to manage a relatively tight recoil pattern if you have a laserpointer. It's visually all perfect as it is too, only mechanically it's pretty much impossible to reliably use on ANY distance. It's always a huge gamble, even at distances where it really shouldn't be.

I don't know, I feel you should be able to manage a relatively tight recoil pattern if you have a laserpointer.

Lasers are good on LMGs and any weapon that kills in one shot (shotguns, bolt-actions, AMRs, SVD). Other than those, don't use it. Ever.

@MarksmanMax said in Deer noobs, casuals, and COOP players,:

I don't know, I feel you should be able to manage a relatively tight recoil pattern if you have a laserpointer.

Lasers are good on LMGs and any weapon that kills in one shot (shotguns, bolt-actions, AMRs, SVD). Other than those, don't use it. Ever.

I run lasers on SMGs and "hip" fire pretty frequently with them at extremely close range (<15ft) and it's quite effective. Anything beyond room clearing distance and hip fire is useless though.

Because most of the delicacies of gun and map balance are only really relevant in PvP. Thus, in OPs eyes, as far as I can tell, your opinion on game balance is irrelevant if you're playing coop, because it goes completely parallel to PvP and is pretty much incomparable as far as balance goes. If a weapon is overpowered for example, it ruins PvP, whereas in coop, the bots just eat shit and life continues. I see his point, although I don't agree with how he phrases it.

@cptns because coop is a completely different game than pvp. None of the tactics used in coop would be even remotely effective in pvp. There is so much rng in coop that it makes you have a different mindset towards situations. And ultimately makes you play the game completely differently. Transfer that to pvp, and you're fucked.

@ham-cucumber I like how you described that. It really isn't something that should have to be described at all even. If you get a cheap shot with a so called "op gun" or "cheap position", well you're probably gonna complain. If you mow down a spawn wave of bots like that, well, no one is complaining. For anyone else who reads this, use your brain, PLEASE! Consider the others perspective. I know I have. I have played coop, and I have helped players out by giving them pointers. I have also been voted kick by players - whom I was trying to help - because they "don't like being told how to play."

@Raibi I do understand, but there has to be some moderation. I really don't like making a post and being talked down to by someone who is clueless or is just out to troll.

Whether my post was respectful or not, it still is a problem.

A wise man once said, "Being a good leader, is following the rules; but also knowing when to break them."