The principle of teamkilling punishments should be improved immediately.

Inheriting the same principle of the last Insurgency, players will get kicked by console if teamkill 3 times, which was quite reasonable. However, the damage reflection mechanism completely messes everything up and leave the automatic kicks on paper.
Sandstrom has a much higher fire power level than the previous Insurgency, the best example are the fire supports from the commander. Let alone those players who run into the aiming point of the strafe from A-10s and other lethal supports, when players don't know put on their gas mask and the automatically spotting cannon of a gunship exploeded too close, the results can always be the casualty of teamkilled player(s) + the commander killed by damage reflection. The situation of the players who suddenly run into others' line of gunfires can even immediately causes more than one casualties, and this is happening everyday.
This principle in Sandstorm is such a self-contradicting one that teamkilling 3 times becomes completely imposslible, because you will die because of damage reflection before you can kill the second. This not only can't thoroughly prevent bad players harming a game, also makes the players who accidentally teamkilled over-punished.
Remove the reflection principle, add forgive TK or not mechanism, or just copy the same one from the previous Insurgeny, you guys really need to consider about this.

@SaLmon said in The principle of teamkilling punishments should be improved immediately.:

Inheriting the same principle of the last Insurgency, players will get kicked by console if teamkill 3 times, which was quite reasonable. However, the damage reflection mechanism completely messes everything up and leave the automatic kicks on paper.

Yeah, the 3-TK autokick technically still exists, but it's impossible to get three teamkills in one Sandstorm match, so it's moot.

@SaLmon said in The principle of teamkilling punishments should be improved immediately.:

Sandstrom has a much higher fire power level than the previous Insurgency...

I'd argue otherwise, to be honest.

...the fire supports from the commander. Let alone those players who run into the aiming point of the strafe from A-10s and other lethal supports, when players don't know put on their gas mask and the automatically spotting cannon of a gunship exploeded too close, the results can always be the casualty of teamkilled player(s) + the commander killed by damage reflection.

Damage reflection just shouldn't be in effect for fire support. Honestly, damage reflection shouldn't be in the game at all. I have a post about this here.

This principle in Sandstorm is such a self-contradicting one that teamkilling 3 times becomes completely imposslible, because you will die because of damage reflection before you can kill the second.

Oh you actually mentioned this nvm lmao

This not only can't thoroughly prevent bad players harming a game, also makes the players who accidentally teamkilled over-punished.

You also aren't even mentioning the fact that it's possible to toggle on damage reflection in the warm-up before the game starts. Yup. You can TK someone before the match starts and you're now penalized for the rest of the game.

In fact, sometimes I like running around in Hardcore Checkpoint with this setup on:

20190626021855_1.jpg

I'll get TK'd by new players (who were probably going to TK me anyway) but then I won't have to worry about friendly fire because at some point everyone has damage reflection enabled. It's such a shit mechanic to solve TKing and it's easier to abuse than votekicking in some cases (in theory, you can kill an indefinite amount of teammates abusing it).

@MarksmanMax Well actually I didn't see any punishment for TK in warm-up stage, but it can really piss me off,and some players even can't calm themselves down after the game begins.

@MarksmanMax Well actually I didn't see any punishment for TK in warm-up stage, but it can really piss me off,and some players even can't calm themselves down after the game begins.

Just yesterday I got damage reflection triggered during the warm-up phase. It's dumb as hell.

Just a couple days ago I had a game where somehow I called in an A-10 strike on our team. This resulted in the death of two teammates but didn't actually activate damage reflection for me at all, so technically you could get 3 teamkills using Fire Support options.

remove damage reflection - this game would instantly be better
remove friendly fire entirely - this game would instantly be better

@Grave said in The principle of teamkilling punishments should be improved immediately.:

remove friendly fire entirely - this game would instantly be better

And Security commanders will call for artillery and warlock on their spot every time and Insurgents will never capture such point)
IMO it would be best option to let killed teammate right to choose punishment for teamkiller https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/30563/punishment-for-team-killers