Textures Damaged after uploading the Mod to the workshop

Hello can someone tell me why after upload to workshop it look that? Screenshot_45.png
And local it look correct ?
Screenshot_46.png

-- Forces Edit and added Info --

in this post we detailed that after some minutes of playing or realoading a game the textures resolution drop from 2k to 1k or lower and if you continue playing for longer the game will soon crash

• DiffuseMultiplier="(R,G,B,A)" node from the editor being disabled
    many mod makers use this node to simulate a glass texture (wich in some instances works better than a actual glass .dds/.tga/.png texture)

the main fix to this is to use a 256x256 texture with the same rgb code and a a light alpha texture to (the Alpha amount 0 to 255 is related to the 0 to 100% opacity in photoshop)

Mod makers and users want to have this code back since many workshop mods have been affected by it

thanks

last edited by Forces

I think when you upload mods the editor will size down your textures. I'm not sure, but that would be my guess.

@RiskyWisky it does but thats not really the issue there, the size of the UV map on that single texture is actually really small, so even if he does a 8K texture, the size of the uv will only cover a 512x512 like space of said 8k res image, and thus look blurry/pixelated,

@ELRICOFATAL what size is your picture and wich extension are you ussing, .tga and .dds get compressed in bad ways the best is to use a .dds texture in a 2k format (the editor tends to downscale anything over 2k)

@Forces said in Texsture Damaged after upload to workshop:

the best is to use a .dds texture in a 2k format (the editor tends to downscale anything over 2k)

I've noticed with .dds photos with transparency (like your glass) doesn't save correctly and will be black, and I don't think that .dds supports transparecy. For the most part, i just stick to .tga and have no issues.

Wrong,DDS has the best alpha layers, the game itself uses DDS for all textured , and doesn't gets compressed like tga does (if you look closely at tga glass textures youll see a tesselation on tge texture, that's a compression aftereffect that DDS doesn't get
And my glass (the old mods only ) use the diffuse multiplayer code node, wich is now disabled in game,

This is what @Forces is talking about ^^
When I upload my mods to steam the glass on the mod becomes dark/tinted , only have 4 outta my 22 mods uploaded because of this reason.

Uploaded To Steam Result....
20190604160427_1.jpg

Manually installed Result the glass is perfect.
20190604160902_1.jpg

last edited by SmarOneNine

@Forces said in Texsture Damaged after upload to workshop:

Wrong,DDS has the best alpha layers, the game itself uses DDS for all textured , and doesn't gets compressed like tga does (if you look closely at tga glass textures youll see a tesselation on tge texture, that's a compression aftereffect that DDS doesn't get
And my glass (the old mods only ) use the diffuse multiplayer code node, wich is now disabled in game,

When did DiffuseMultiplier get removed/disabled? Better question is WHY?? This gaunches most of my mods too. Hopefully somebody comes up with a viable solution soon...
#pissedoff

@RiskyWisky @Forces
I seem to recall reading that @Iyagovos is now gone, do we have any admins who might be able to run this issue up the development flagpole now?

Theres tons of other Community managers at focus (people who work at focus.) if you want i can contact Jellyfoosh on discord and link him this post so he can directly tell the dev team or whatever.

@Mexican_420

@RiskyWisky
Absolutely! Tell them to put it back... lol
We will NOT play the "let's see how much unnecessary frustration the modders will tolerate before they leave this game for dead" game again... (I think I speak for a lot of us when I say it wouldn't take much now that OG Spintires is back on the map again).

This fourm post has been passed to the developer team.

Please try not to post anymore unless you have any issues regarding this topic.

Have a nice day. 🙂

I've decided to Move this to the Bug reports section and also ill be editing the first port to give a resume and link this to other know issues wich are related in a way to this, and in the meantime Link the DiffuseMultiplier code not functioning properly even adding the g type of colors ( N++ Pluggin->Color->g(r,b,g) ) to disable the alpha and use the color nodes of the flares
i've added you to let you guys know the new route of the topic
@ELRICOFATAL @Mexican_420 @RiskyWisky @SmarOneNine