Things I want in the game, and how I feel about the game at the moment

I have clocked over 300 hrs on the game so far and this is what I have to say ....... .Instead of just checkpoint I was thinking about some new coop modes like maybe assasination where u have to kill a target. Search and rescue where u have to save a captured US soildiers from enemy territory. And take them to the extraction point. And pls bring some coop modes from the old insurgency, I fucking loved conquer and hunt from insurgency 2014, especially conquer lol. When it comes to remasterd maps, I'm good with ministry and burhiz but I would also love panj, market, sinjar, heights and peak. Especially peak, I really fuck with that dense forest setting. When it comes to guns I really want a re work of the 2x magnification scopes, that magnifier ( the eo tech G33, which is used on the 2x red dot, 2x holographic and 2x kobra ), is supposed to give a 3x magnification but instead it gives 2x magnification, like that's just not right. Maybe y'all did this for balancing issues but come on, insurgeny is a realistic tactical shooter, that's y I play it, unlike games like battlefield and call of duty that nerf and buff guns because they cause discomfort, tatical shooters r supposed to give u that raw combat feeling whether u like the guns or not. The magnifier should also have the ability to be enabled and disabled to allow for medium engagements and close range engagements/encounters, this is a feature implemented in every shooter I've played with this sight, and it really makes a difference. I've been in countless situations where I storm a building, trying to capture a point, then come across an enemy but end up getting killed because the enemy is too close to me, and has a 1x magnification scope for close range engagements, which gives him the advantage. I understand that they are laser sights for this kind of situation but come on, the sight is LITERALLY made to be flipped up and down to change magnification, like u can see the hinges right fucking there lol, so pls fix this. The extra cost for these scopes should compensate for its ability to operate at medium and short ranges. For the marksman class like I said b4, i really don't think the 50 cal snipers should be in the game, those kind of snipers should be used for very long range engagements ( Note: apart from crossing, no other map has long range engagements, every other map limits its engagements to short or medium range ) and vehicle disablement when applicable. I've already seen people attaching laser sights to the 50 cals and performing 360 no scopes, like wtf, this ain't call of duty, it looks stupid and really kills the immersion. How can a human being carry a barret 82 like that and fire it from the hip like it's nothing, I'm sorry if I'm being rude but come on , that's just absurd. The vehicles should not be destroyed by 50 cals but just disabled like it just stops moving and that's it. Like it's simple common sense if a cars engine is penetrated by a 50 cal bullet , it won't just burst into flames, I feel only RPGs and other rocket launchers should be able to do this, as much as I want 50 cals removed as I feel they dont in ANYWAY fit the playstyle of insurgency sandstorm, it's too late for that now, I just hope in future, marksman weapons such as the mk12 for like 2 supply points and the m110 are added, as these two marksman rifles, perfectly fit the playstyle of sandstorm. Then security vehicles should be Humvees or just well armored vehicles, not some back street technical, like come on how can u afford a 50 cal, mk 17 and other high tech equipment but u cant buy a humvee 😂😂😂, and it takes either an anti material rifle to disable the humvee or a well placed rpg hit to the engine ONLY to destroy it. And rpg hit to the windows or anywhere else would just kill the occupants with shrapnel after penetration. About shrapnel, the RPG-7 should be given two different rockets, shrapnel rounds and explosive rounds , as they do in real life, and as seen in squad. I also feel like insurgent checkpoint should be removed as a group of 8 insurgents taking on a sea of US trained soldiers, and military contractors( the security ), makes no fucking sense lol. And from what I've heard and noticed alot of people play only security checkpoint. Then in the menu, the hardcore checkpoint security and hardcore checkpoint insurgents should be abbreviated to H.C checkpoint security and H.C checkpoint insurgents, as the long name runs off the text box in some areas and looks unprofessional. The new map is amazing, but I did see some frame drops in the CTE. And also pls bring back night operations, I miss those days, taking on insurgents with my night vision goggles and fully customized m4 lol. More rail attachments like underbarrel shotgun ( this would be dope as fuck but maybe overpowered) and the classic flashlight. And the Acog should be allowed for security in versus because it is the standard US sight lol. And the m27 should also be added as it is the new proposed standard issue rifle for the marine core. Also instead of coming in the back of truck for the coop games, we could switch it up a little with maybe a helicopter insertion, depending on the game mode or something. Like imagine a search and rescue mission where a helicopter drops u off at a selected insertion point and then it's up to u and ur team to find and rescue a hostage like rainbow six hostage mode (without the helicopter).
I think I'm asking for too much lol but yall should really think about it. Thank u and keep up the good work.

last edited by mateen27

Indeed the cal.50 anti material rifles should act like the real ones.
Shooting on an engine block should result in stopping the truck immediatly ( instead of blowing it up ! )

I know that this is just a game, but it really takes the immersion to cause a big explosion with it.
( just like it´s typical in blockbuster movies where the car explodes immediatly when someone shoots the gastank of the car, which is ridiculous )

Don´t get me wrong, i love the sound of that rifles and the wall penetration abilities, the effect on infantry which is getting hit by it.
But exploding cars !? Really ??

It´s too much guys, too much !
We have the RPG and AT-4, the Panzerfaust, the anti-vehicle Mine and the C4 for that job.

Also the transition time when switching from rifle to pistol needs a rework.
In the last few coop games where i tried that weapon in a few different maps, it happened several times that a Bot came around the corner and killed me because it took too long to switch to pistol.
And those bots were NOT one of those who make instakills.
Seriously, the transition time has to be reduced !

And the standard magazine size of those rifles only have 5 rounds ! WTF ?
Comon devs, are you serious ?
10 round magazines are the standard size for this weapon in real life.
There is no need to raise the cost for an extended 10 round magazine ingame as the rifle is nothing special.

I don´t know if there are magazines which contain more than 10 rounds but even if they are non existant in real life you could implement a 15 round mag as the "extended" variant.

last edited by GSG_9_LIGHTNING

wow great information totally love it buddy.

Those game modes sound great, tbh the game really needs some new modes checkpoint gets a bit stale

@mateen27 Would you mind organizing your post ? It's kinda hard to go through that text monolith without quitting.

I did however like the few first lines. The game needs more game modes. Hardcore coop is fun, because it's new, but it's nt that different than what we already have. The game will soon get stale until the next update, probably in the next few months... Or weeks if we're lucky ! I have faith.

@Grumf uh sorry about the way I organized my post lol, I never really take posting in forums seriously. I kinda just dump everything that's on my mind lol, and English is also not my first language . But yh noted, I'll make sure I organize my next post !!!!!!

Please put your wall of text into a structured paragraphs! PLEASE!

last edited by AncientHoplite