New reload times/suggestions

Just saw this somewhere, thought it might be a cool, realistic thing to add to sandstorm:

“”Some things most video games do not model is the placement of ammunition and the effects of ammunition storage on the reload, as it would in reality.

For example, though you might carry 6 magazines on your vest or load bearing equipment. Only 4 might be readily accessible and within your range of motion, the other two will usually be used to replace the 4 within the range of motion when needed.

Almost every game assumes that you are reloading from the same pouch, which of course is completely unrealistic, I’ve yet to see a game with this depth of ammunition management.

An added bonus is modelling the difference in speed when reloading from various pouches or various pouch positions. So after reloading once or twice, you have to move along to more “harder to reach” pouches, and as such will be slower.””

-Cheers-
Tell me what you think.
-Vix

last edited by Vixloi

Maybe? I feel like this gets a bit too in depth. I could be neat if coupled with expanded gear selection which allowed you to select pouch placement more specifically and have control over how easy your reloads will be vs amount of mags being carried.

But, then you open the door to other problems. If I have plenty of time to safely reload, can I choose to reload out of a less easily reached pouch? Would there be a mechanism for moving mags from farther away pouches into my close by empty pouches? While all realistic, I feel like managing which mags are in which pouches is not the type of game Sandstorm wants to be.

this seems more arma than insurgency