We need to be able to spawn small log carts in the garages.

So on the new map from Old Timers DLC you can find small trailers with wood which can be attached to small 1 star vehicles. I though that it would be awesome addition if you could spawn them in the garage on other maps to deliver logs only with scout vehicles. Unfortunately you cannot choose that trailer in the garage. It only asutospawns on new map. Why?

I understand that there log kiosks are not programmed to handle super small logs but maybe we could use it outside hardcore mode in places that auto pack logs onto trailers?

It'd be better if they randomly autospawned around all maps. Spawning them at a garage and going to the mill would be to easy.

@djgromo said in We need to be able to spawn small log carts in the garages.:

I understand that there log kiosks are not programmed to handle super small logs but maybe we could use it outside hardcore mode in places that auto pack logs onto trailers?

@justinlynch3 I think he means spawning them empty to go load them at the log kiosks. It's a valid point, but, I wouldn't hope anymore of MR1 since they said that Old Timers would be the last DLC.

@djgromo
on which platform do you play MR? PC or console?

If on PC, you can get SpinTiresMod to spawn the trailer for use on other maps. I haven't tried myself to see if it's loadable at a log station, though...

@djgromo said in We need to be able to spawn small log carts in the garages.:

So on the new map from Old Timers DLC you can find small trailers with wood which can be attached to small 1 star vehicles. I though that it would be awesome addition if you could spawn them in the garage on other maps to deliver logs only with scout vehicles. Unfortunately you cannot choose that trailer in the garage. It only asutospawns on new map. Why?

I suspect it’s more effort than it’s worth to add the necessary game logic to the original game, especially with MR2 now in development. To create a new simple object with a given “load count” and create a separate ‘loaded’ and ‘unloaded’ model for it is relatively straightforward. To add the game logic and UI components to the other parts of the game to allow selection of another log size and type and independent log models which fall out when overturned etc is a significant amount of development effort and moreover, adds significant risk to adding bugs and defects to existing code, breaking things that already work.

Maybe in MR2 but I doubt you’ll see it on MR unless you’re on PC and modding.

last edited by zoglet

@alpscruiser said in We need to be able to spawn small log carts in the garages.:

@djgromo
on which platform do you play MR? PC or console?

I am playing on xbox one.