Announcing Free DLC - Old-Timers

MudRunners, get ready to fire up your engines, because the Old-Timers DLC arrives on PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Switch on April 30!

We’re delighted to announce this third free DLC for MudRunner. Explore the wild new map, the Rocky Hills behind the wheel of two new vehicles from the 1950s – the Chevrolet Napco 3100 (1957), and the GMC DW950 (1952-1954).

0_1555508318450_MudRunner_Old-timers_04.jpg

These grizzled old veterans can’t wait to show you what they’re made of. And who said you can’t teach old dogs new tricks? As a scout vehicle, the Chevy Napco 3100 brings two brand new attachments: the loaded cart log (exclusive to the Rocky Hills Map), and the scout trailer.

And if you're looking for versatility, look no further than the GMC DW950. The king of attachments, the GMC is able to equip a ton of different attachments to suit your needs.

0_1555508347835_MudRunner_Old-timers_03.jpg

Keep in mind that the Old-Timers DLC does not require the American Wilds expansion, but if you do have American Wilds, don’t forget to try the attachments from that on the new Old-Timers vehicles!

The Rocky Hills map continues to take inspiration from the American Wilderness, providing a beautifully raw region of rocks and pine where pickup trucks are truly in their element.

We'd also like to give you guys a quick update on MudRunner 2. A week ago, we showed the game off to journalists at our yearly event What's Next, and it was a real pleasure to see your reactions to our pictures from the presentations (https://twitter.com/PlayMudRunner/status/1116317472657825792). There should be more news from journalists in the coming days and weeks, so hold on to your hats!

Thank you, and keep on truckin'.

last edited by Jellyfoosh

DLC looks good so far 🙂 and hurry up wit mr2 news please..

also how come both trucks have proper shadow in first pic, did you guys fixed it finally?

last edited by zamal

wooooooooaaa great news! amazing!

Thank you!! I am way too hyped for MR2, this is a great way to scratch that itch.

@jellyfoosh love hearing some new content is on the way! Can you confirm along with this DLC that the small vehicle traction update will come to console along with it??? Would apreciate a responce as to when if not.

Regards

I'll always take free content. I'm surprised we're getting licensed vehicles in a free update though. Does this just confirm that generic name knockoff vehicles are a thing of the past?

wait, loaded log cart? so it will be loaded already? if so then can it be delivered to an objective?
extra add ons? very nice touch
swapping attachments from one DLC to another, another nice touch i feel.
will be interested in seeing this Rocky Hills map. hope it does not disappoint (imo the Valley was a major let down, was hardly even a Valley to it).

@zamal nothing wrong with the shadows that i have seen. still looks the same to me. 🤔

@8up-local said in Announcing Free DLC - Old-Timers:

wait, loaded log cart? so it will be loaded already? if so then can it be delivered to an objective?
extra add ons? very nice touch
swapping attachments from one DLC to another, another nice touch i feel.
will be interested in seeing this Rocky Hills map. hope it does not disappoint (imo the Valley was a major let down, was hardly even a Valley to it).

@zamal nothing wrong with the shadows that i have seen. still looks the same to me. 🤔

You could always swap. You can hook AW trailers onto the default game trucks, you just need a AW truck to spawn said trailers in. Disconnect from AW truck, reverse a Russian truck up to it, hook on manually then off you go.

@justinlynch3 ah, i have never tried to swap attachment yet, so TIL.

Wow looks great! Thought this was a MR2 screenshot for a second 😏

Can't wait to try the new map/vehicles. The fact that you guys are still making free DLC's for MR1 is so generous.

Mudrunner > Spintires in every way

Oh yes! American machines from the 50´s - my favourite era (look at my real hobbies and you know why).
And also a new american map, great!

Thanks Guys you did a good job here. Can´t wait to drive this old GMC beast.

@Jellyfoosh
But one last wish for MR1 - please fix the missing front driveshaft on the Ford F150!

hell yeah,cant wait. love thats its sunny and bright.

great news, two veterans of war in the game, excellent😄

@jellyfoosh said in Announcing Free DLC - Old-Timers:

We'd also like to give you guys a quick update on MudRunner 2. A week ago, we showed the game off to journalists at our yearly event What's Next, and it was a real pleasure to see your reactions to our pictures from the presentations (https://twitter.com/PlayMudRunner/status/1116317472657825792). There should be more news from journalists in the coming days and weeks

So why do we have to wait for them ? You could easily update us at least with what you guys showed at the event...

Also ability to access this dlc without AW is great edition, for ppl that didnt get the taste of american feel of mudrunner PROPS to dev team.

@8up-local i was talking about fact that when u are in certain truck shadow quality only hits that particular truck, quality of shadow on other trucks around you are sort of expired and not as visible as one ur driving.

In my opinion this breaks immersion. even when u have trailer attached, only pulling truck gets full shadow casting priority. I could test it right now and show u pics but not at home unfortunately

last edited by zamal

@jellyfoosh Nice, and thank you for the update! Will the DLC be released with a patch for bug fixes too?

Thank you very much for another free DLC. Will this DLC bring new trophies to the game?
I can't wait to see more from MudRunner 2!

What! the 30th is my birthday, and GM is my favorite manufacturer! What're the odds!?!

It may take them a little while for community updates but HELL YEA for the free dlc! That's something that most games don't do anymore thanks guys!