edit-
I am requesting this for pve not pvp

last edited by Max80

Why not one of these 100 round double drum magazines for all rifles ?? 🤣
0_1553775517478_100 round drum magazine.jpg
0_1553775664774_100 round drum magazine 02.jpg

last edited by GSG_9_LIGHTNING

@gsg_9_lightning .......................sweet....... jesus.......😵

but no. lets be good about this.... eyes the 100 NO! If they put the 50 round drum on the m4 why not the mk18? and give that to the commander and breachers.

last edited by Max80

@gsg_9_lightning said in Mk18 50 round drum:

Why not one of these 100 round double drum magazines for all rifles ??

Because they're crap and jam frequently - the same reason no military that I'm aware of has used them long-term.

No real-life reason the Mk.18 can't use 50 round drums, my guess is it's a weapon / class balance decision? Can the Adviser use drums on any weapons?

@maa_bunny - FACEPALM ⁉ yes...yes they can as can commander, oberver,rifleman,breacher,demolitions,and even the fricken marksman....

last edited by Max80

It doesn't really need it, it's not supposed to be a sustained-fire weapon, it's a close quarters application special purpose rifle with medium range capabilities.. Just use the M4 if you want a drum

@mainfold problem is where the m4 is....the m18 is not....I just wanted it for my breacher class overall. they give us a 50 round clip for the 74u and uzi but not the mk18. it should have one. I dont need it for the mp5's assuming they are available the 40 round clip suits me fine for that weapon. and really needs to remain light. I wont be using it all the time...but there are several maps it would shine for me in certain areas.

I am requesting this for pve not pvp

last edited by Max80

At least in COOP games ( especially on custom servers with high bot counts ) such big magazine capacities are more than welcome.

Bots have the magic ability to hear the exact moment of reload or switch to grenades ( even when an intense firefight with loud noise is in the foreground ) and they have an excellent timing to rush around the corner and kill before the reload is finished.
So yeah 50 round magazines are welcome ! For any of the weapons !

The MP5 would also profit from it, as it has a high cycling rate and the extra weight could reduce recoil.
But as as far as i know magazines do not affect the weight/recoil of the gun --- only the compensators do ( which is dissapointing ).
Anything added to the front of the weapon ( laser / suppressor or muzzle flash hider / bigger magazine ) should affect the recoil positively as the additional mass ( on the muzzle side of the weapon ) reduces climb.

But again Insurgency is not a simulation like ARMA3.

@gsg_9_lightning That's funny because I find my maneuverability with the 74u to be higher without the drum mag; when I want to play solo/fast and lethal I put the extended mag on it....maybe it's just my imagination/placebo effect.

last edited by Max80

Honestly I'd remove this all together.
Not once have I seen any weapons with extended mag on the battlefield...

@sgt-kanyo said in Mk18 50 round drum:

Which is not logical at all !
When extended mags fullfill the same requirements of reliablity like the original magazines do, they additionally offer more rounds to fire.

From tactical point of view they definatly are worth to be used ( even in regular armies ) but its all a question of budgets and burocracy.
You might see these extended mags in special military forces where the quality of equipment has priority.

last edited by GSG_9_LIGHTNING

The US Army field tested the Beta C-Mag 100-round drums a few times in the last few decades, and always opted not to issue them over reliability concerns. But more modern designs are a lot more reliable. The USMC is currently looking at the Magpul D60 as an option for the M27 IAR, which is a design that is very similar to the X-15 drum we have in the game.

@max80 said in Mk18 50 round drum:

yes...yes they can

Sorry, I don't generally use drum mags in game, and when playing Adviser I'm usually using the Mk.18 or Mk.17 - which don't have drum mag options anyway.

So... basically both of you agree they are not in service anywhere.
Also no special forces use these. If SEALs don't use these, then noone ever will need these.

If you need a lot of rounds for 1 target, use an LMG. This really does defeat the purpose of the LMGs in game.
Just think about it, M4 with 50 round mag * 6 is 300 rounds.
Now if you use any LMGs in game they are uncontrollable and can only be used with the bipod deployed, which is a shame, since you cannot suppress bots and you cannot suppress players either, since eventually you'll either get sniped or xXx_420PussyDestroyed69_xXx will give you a headshot from across the map with a Makarov doing a 360 backflip.

EDIT:
IMO the fix for this is to give the extended mag option ONLY to support and noone else.

last edited by Sgt.Kanyo

@maa_bunny - oh that mk 17 is a beauty. But I have to wonder why I get more one shot kills with the FAL over the MK17...more often than not I have to double tap with the MK 17....

@sgt-kanyo - why would your answer to this...."video game" issue be to use an lmg...when on NWI's insurgency sandstorm you can only have one person using it per team...and at most 3 can have them on custom servers. the 50 round drum is the answer to everyone's needs for "more ammo" on some rifles which CAN use them for this SECURITY force representing allied nations.

last edited by Max80

FWIW I have friends working for multiple government and private services overseas, and there are a good number of them using the Surefire 60-round mags.

It's mostly a private purchase item, but it's not necessarily unrealistic.

That said, I've always disliked the drum mags for anything except an automatic rifleman in Insurgency, since it blurs the line between rifleman and automatic weapons.

But since we already have drum mags, it doesn't seem like too much of a stretch to make a short-barreled fire spitter, as evidenced by this tactical Elvis:

oooo

@jballou
Well my friends in the Navy SEALs and the US Secret Service and President Trump himself said that they never use any of these.

@Max80
What?

@sgt-kanyo that's a different set of groups, and given that this is more of a contractors versus insurgents dynamic, the fixed loadouts of specific regular armed forces isn't necessarily a good reason to make decisions on loadouts.

I'm sure none of the SEALs or USSS guys are using MP40s or SKSs, but they're still in the loadouts on the last game.

That said, I still don't think drum mags on rifles in this game is a good thing for game balance.

@jballou
Well my friends in the Navy SEALs and the US Secret Service and President Trump himself said that they never use any of these.

Since Security isn't the US Military, that's not necessarily relevant. The question is if a mixed force of private contractors, local militia, and national military would realistically use them. I think it's certainly plausible.

@max80 said in Mk18 50 round drum:

@maa_bunny - oh that mk 17 is a beauty. But I have to wonder why I get more one shot kills with the FAL over the MK17...

Barrel length. The Mk.17 modeled in the game is the short barreled CQC variant, so it doesn't have as much punch as the full-length FAL or G3A3.

This post is deleted!
last edited by Max80