6 Maps and the challanges... and now?

Hi there,

I've bought this game 3 days ago.
Now I've finished all the challanges and the 6 Main-Maps in single player.
What's now? Wat's next?
I cant find anything more...(?)
🙄

Greetings
-Charly-

@joadoor If you're on a PC, check out the Steam workshop. Lots of mods there, both maps and vehicles. If you're on a console, well sorry. 😞 The only thing you can do is get the American Wilds DLC if you haven't already.

Thanx for the fast answer.

I'm on XBOX.
No, I dont have the A.W. add-on.
The 2 DLC-Maps I've downloaded.

But, is ths all?? Surely?
24 Hours and finished?

I've seen videos with the URAL NEW, and a big yellow CRANE.
Where are they?
And can you recommend the AmericanWilds addon?

Oh, so many questions... 😉

-Charly-

last edited by Joadoor

There are 2 maps from free DLC's, and 2 maps in the American Wilds DLC.

Still even though this game has limited content, 24 hours seems fast. When I first started off back when I got the game, it took me hours to do a map. Not knowing where to go when finding waypoints, making sure to do absolutely everything like unlocking all garages, finding all locked vehicles, finding and smashing pumpkins, finding flower field, doing all challenges, beating the game twice (though I don't think you need to do this) first on casual then on hardcore. I did everything to get 100% trophy hunt on this game. Took me more then 24 hours. lol

@justinlynch3 Yeah I second that. I remember when I was starting this game for the first time, on the Bog, it took me 8 hours to complete (on hardcore though that doesn't matter much). 24 hours to finish all the maps seems hard to believe.

@Joadoor Yes I'd recommend the AW DLC, even for PC players. I think it's a good add-on for $10. You can also replay all the maps using just 1 or 2 stars for trucks.

last edited by Unster

The American Wilds maps are a mixed bag. They look stunning, and if you play them as intended aka using the Skidder to get logs out of the swamp, use the Western Star for loading, and using the road haulers for hauling. Then they can give a decent challenge.

However if you use the Russian trucks your going to breeze though those maps and cheese them easily.

The scout vehicles are awesome, the Skidder is damn near unstoppable but limited in uses, and the Forwarder is cool. Western Star is the only 6X6 semi in the update and it's rather weak, probably the worst 6X6 in the entire game with how little traction it has. The Bison, Freightliner and LTL9000 are all 2WD and while I find the LTL9000 clearly the most capable of the bunch, it's not great. Likes of the C-260 or I'd say even the B-130 would run circles around them in any kind of muck.

So there are pro's and cons, but especially if you see it on sale, I'd say it's worth getting.

"one star challenge" is not an official achievement, but definitely one that lot of players are proud of.

Yellow crane might be from AW DLC challenge, it is yellow and it has a crane...
AFAIK there is no DLC containing Ural, so that was likely a MOD.

@justinlynch3 The American trucks actually are pretty strong for their weight, which may be giving you the impression that they are weak when it comes to traction (more torque + less mass = more spin). But overall I'd agree that the American vehicles in the DLC aren't nearly as capable as the Russian ones. That's not why I got the DLC though. I got it for variety, coolness of the vehicles and also the ability for even mod maps to spawn the AW vehicles (without the DLC you'll always get Russian vehicles).

OK, I did the challanges and maps complete, but not with all the bonus.
If you do that, inclusive NIGHT, than I think you might do double of the time or more.
I've thought that there is more to do after this 6 Maps, otherwise I'd spent more time for each map...

But the two DLC maps are pretty long to play, much to do and not so easy.

I like the C255, C375, especially the D-53x, that are Monsters !
E-7310 also.
In DLC "The Valley" there is the E-7429. A monster 8x, too.
This and the D53x in column, both with pendant is sooo much funny 🙂

It's a little pitty, that there is not more to do, I can play this for much weeks, but I dont very much enjoy to repeat all the maps/challanges.
Maybe I'm repeating one or other map and loading the tree trunks "by hand".

@joadoor said in 6 Maps and the challanges... and now?:

OK, I did the challanges and maps complete, but not with all the bonus.
If you do that, inclusive NIGHT, than I think you might do double of the time or more.
I've thought that there is more to do after this 6 Maps, otherwise I'd spent more time for each map...

But the two DLC maps are pretty long to play, much to do and not so easy.

I like the C255, C375, especially the D-53x, that are Monsters !
E-7310 also.
In DLC "The Valley" there is the E-7429. A monster 8x, too.
This and the D53x in column, both with pendant is sooo much funny 🙂

It's a little pitty, that there is not more to do, I can play this for much weeks, but I dont very much enjoy to repeat all the maps/challanges.
Maybe I'm repeating one or other map and loading the tree trunks "by hand".

C-255 and C375 are two of the best trucks in the game bar none, unless maybe mods, but default bar none.

Like we said you do get two more maps and a host of new vehicles with American Wilds.

@joadoor Ah, you're doing the automatic loading in casual mode. I'd highly recommend replaying all the maps in hardcore mode. It'll give you a different, more challenging experience.

Yes, I've tried in hardcore mode, but I really hate the night, you dont see anything 😞

I've hurried a little much, because I wanted to play with the URAL NEXT, I saw in this video............
But I've not known that this was a fake (mod)... 😞
When I've known this, I'd spent much more time for each level.
I've tried to load the wood "by hand" on the truck, so I spent half an our for one station 🙂
I started this game from the completely wrong side, the most tutorials when I had finished 4 out of the 6 maps...
hmmmm.......

@joadoor Try adjusting the brightness & contrast using the tire tracks in the setup menu as a guide. Also make sure the room you're in isn't too bright. I feel the night light around the selected vehicle is more than bright enough. I don't really like the nights either, but they're OK and then when morning comes you really appreciate the daylight. You don't get that if you always play at daytime.

Not sure what Ural you have in mind but like another poster said it may have been a mod, and you don't get mods on a console. Nothing fake about it.

last edited by Unster

@joadoor The thing with this game is that you have unlimited possibilities to play around with the available vehicles and the maps. Like, if you play the same map twice, and you use different routes to accomplish the objective, you'd have a completely different experience. You can choose weaker vehicles or not use enough vehicles to create different circumstances for yourself to beat the map.
Also, I'd highly suggest approaching the game with an explorer mindset. Do not rush. This is not a speedrun game. The real joy of it is taking your time and explore, beat all objectives, plan your routes and strategies. Scout & unlock all cloak points and deploy your trucks accordingly so they are likely close to where they're needed. Like putting a Fuel cistern between the Log Kiosk and the Sawmill. It's like a chess game against the environment.

About the Ural Next... oh man! I love this truck so much! the design is near perfection to my eyes but... it's not in the base game. What you saw is a mod. There are really good mods out there including said truck but you can only use them on the PC version of the game.

With all said, I hope you can start having fun. If you discover the magic of if, you'll have countless hours of gameplay.

Good luck.

@Unster @Sodoma @justinlynch3 I was wondering... in the PC version of the game, you can manually install mods including the mod files into the Media.zip file and replacing whatever is to replace. So, if you're able to access the game files into, let's say the XBOX version of the game and include the mod files into the Media.zip file... would it work? Go easy on me... I'm a PC tec but never ever had a console of my own so I might have said something stupid. I'm curious if anybody has tried that.

@deathcoreboy1 said in 6 Maps and the challanges... and now?:

@Unster @Sodoma @justinlynch3 I was wondering... in the PC version of the game, you can manually install mods including the mod files into the Media.zip file and replacing whatever is to replace. So, if you're able to access the game files into, let's say the XBOX version of the game and include the mod files into the Media.zip file... would it work? Go easy on me... I'm a PC tec but never ever had a console of my own so I might have said something stupid. I'm curious if anybody has tried that.

That's what they called jailbreaking isn't it? I know it was possible to do back on PS3/360, pretty sure they have measures in place against it on PS4 due to online and all.

@justinlynch3 I really don't know if you can access the game files somehow in these consoles, hence my curiosity. Though I'm pretty sure the jailbreaking thing is used to open pirated games which is obviously illegal. lol. that's not what I was suggesting at all!
Do these consoles have an app to browse through files or something? Guess what... I'll do my homework and stop bothering you hahaha.

Yes thats the benefit on PC that you dont have on console...
I changed to it because I have a big surround experience and a big screen 🙂
And every year updating my PC was not my thing anymore...
But i miss my joystick, is much more precise than controllers...

@deathcoreboy1 said in 6 Maps and the challanges... and now?:

I don't know much about consoles as I don't have one. I don't know if the user has access to the game files and if they are writeable. On the PC mods actually don't go in the media.zip file. They are in a separate folder, a steam workshop folder. But you can still make changes to the media.zip file. I have some changes even to the stock vehicles to fix things like clipping issues, driver view or torque for the D-538 though that one is in one of the DLC zips.

@joadoor said in 6 Maps and the challanges... and now?:

Yes thats the benefit on PC that you dont have on console...
I changed to it because I have a big surround experience and a big screen 🙂
And every year updating my PC was not my thing anymore...
But i miss my joystick, is much more precise than controllers...

You definitely don't need to upgrade your PC every year, certainly not for Mud Runner. And consoles have the same issue in that the hardware gets obsolete eventually. But with PC's individual components are easy to replace.