Hard mode vs casual mode

@sodoma didn't say i would not like it, just we are no the only ones to have a say imo. 😘

i do like the look of that map though and the coffee stains are good. maybe a touch for worn and battered look to the edges or something to give it some "feel" or atmosphere if you will, idk. 🤔 lol

last edited by A Former User

@8up-local
I know that we are not, that is why I am asking for opinions 🙂
I agree I rushed it a bit.... BTW, it is a photo of actual piece of paper, I am unable to photoshop 😉

@masterzone said in Hard mode vs casual mode:

@unster oh this drive me confuse. Are you using the external hardware instead of Nintendo switch joycon or PS pad?
I think there are differences based on device control. Because I continue to seen YouTube gameplay and the player say “reduced gear” instead of “manual gear”.
Your screenshot shows the same setting when I’m in automatic mode but you maybe use a device for control all gears.
Crazy 😝

Are you saying in your game you also have Gear 1/6 or something like that even in automatic mode? That would be strange. I'm on a PC and that kind of display is what you get with an external shifter. Mine is 7-speed + reverse, but like I said this game only lets you use up to 6th gear.

you can have more gears. now for actual manual shifting i do not know, but for example, this one has 8 gears auto HMMWV Alpha Wolf

... or does it top out in speed with 6th and the rest are there, but basicly defunk? 🤔

last edited by A Former User

@8up-local No, there's no set limit on the # of gears. The C-65115 for example has 9 gears. But in the manual mode you can only assign/use 6 gears. It's an oversight in the game, and one of those things that should have been fixed long ago.

@unster ok gotcha, my misunderstanding. lol

@unster sorry but my English is no good 😓
Let me start again 🙂

On Nintendo switch or PS4 if you click the right analogic stick you can switch from automatic to “reduced gear” where 1 and 1+ and R are.
If you long press you can also activate the automatic throttle.
Anyway when you are in automatic I can’t change gears. Maybe I don’t understand what I see in videos because I’m not playing the game right now because I will start play MudRunner in next weeks 😅

What kind of graphic HUD do you have when you are on automatic mode?
Below you can see what I have during automatic mode. I can't change gears when I see this kind of Hud
0_1552896894533_Screenshot 2019-03-18 at 09.13.38.png

Here below the switched manual / reduced gear

0_1552897037274_Screenshot 2019-03-18 at 09.16.23.png

On my Console Nintendo Switch I never had this kind of HUD:

0_1552897127372_1552757070218-titan.jpg

Maybe I’m make confusion from reduced / automatic / manual gears.
When you see only the number of gears in the lower right side instead of the reduced gear square panel I don’t know if you can change gears manually by using the PAD 🙂 Maybe you can do only with wheel devices imput and not via PS4 Pad o Xbox or NSwitch.

last edited by masterzone

@masterzone said in Hard mode vs casual mode:

@unster sorry but my English is no good 😓
Let me start again 🙂

On Nintendo switch or PS4 if you click the right analogic stick you can switch from automatic to “reduced gear” where 1 and 1+ and R are.
If you long press you can also activate the automatic throttle.
Anyway when you are in automatic I can’t change gears. Maybe I don’t understand what I see in videos because I’m not playing the game right now because I will start play MudRunner in next weeks 😅

What kind of graphic HUD do you have when you are on automatic mode?
Below you can see what I have during automatic mode. I can't change gears when I see this kind of Hud
0_1552896894533_Screenshot 2019-03-18 at 09.13.38.png

Here below the switched manual / reduced gear

0_1552897037274_Screenshot 2019-03-18 at 09.16.23.png

On my Console Nintendo Switch I never had this kind of HUD:

0_1552897127372_1552757070218-titan.jpg

Maybe I’m make confusion from reduced / automatic / manual gears.
When you see only the number of gears in the lower right side instead of the reduced gear square panel I don’t know if you can change gears manually by using the PAD 🙂 Maybe you can do only with wheel devices imput and not via PS4 Pad o Xbox or NSwitch.

Consoles (Playstation 4, XBOX ONE, and Nintendo Switch) use the gear shifter in your first photo. That's the default game gearbox.

unster is on PC, and I believe likely using a racing wheel and external gear shift setup instead of using a controller (or well mouse and keyboard on PC). For example he could be using something somewhat along the lines of this
alt text

That's why his display is different from ours.

@justinlynch3 thanks so much i thought was so as well

That's right, I have a wheel, shifter and pedals, including a clutch. And I use the keyboard for operating the cranes & loaders and the mouse wheel for camera zoom.

question 🤔

what if there was some kind of penalty for switching trucks (through the map menu). for hardcore anyway, maybe time vs distance based for say "walking" to the other vehicle. just an idea i figured someone else probably thought of, but might as well give a reminder.

@8up-local As long as time in game means only switching day & night, that is hardly a penalty.
Also for MP that can't work, unless you want to turn game into "waiting simulator". Basically same thing as "recall" function for A-class doesn't work at MP...
But I agree that there could be something preventing wild-truck-switching. But I am afraid that only thing that can "punish" you in game is damage and fuel of your vehicle and that doesn't make any sense as reasonable to happen...

yeah, that's why i asked the question. in case there was anything i might have over looked with this idea and i believe i have. i did not think about how it would work with MP. also was thinking the same about the fuel/damage vs. just time for punishment, but agreed that would not be quite the right way to go.

just trying to come up with other things that might want to be considered for up coming possibilities. 🤔

@8up-local Did you filled up a survey? 🙂
It was said there, that most of features are already decided...
Lets wait for some informations from "what's next" or how they call it, major update for current game in terms of gameplay is unlikely and we still don't know what will be the thing at second incarnation of this game...

@sodoma i can’t wait for news about!!!

@sodoma yes, i took the survey. however not everything is decided it sounds and things should still be left open for consideration just in case.

IF I recall it correctly, main thing already IS decided, but future update(s) not yet.
We will see... 🤗
Soon...😈