Upcoming free dlc

Who here hopes the new dlc will be based in America? Who hopes it'll be Russia? I vote America cus it would be nice to get some American military trucks. What do yall hope for

I hope it's "mudrunner 1800" where you drive horse carriages. You can unlock larger animals like elephants and a diplodocus, and there's a secret steam tractor.

@grubdumpling I would pay for such dlc :smiling_face_with_open_mouth_closed_eyes:

I wouldn't mind it being American theme'd. While the Skidder and Forwarder are fun vehicles, neither is really that rival to the K-700 I was hoping for. Having a more modern loader based on a CAT or John Deere would be neat.

As I also said before, having a ATV with a little woods cart would be fun. ATV's aren't used for lumber, but they are used all the time by people that go in cutting firewood and such. Sure seeing the B-130 pickup truck only takes a 2 point load, I can see a little ATV and cart only taking a 1 point load. It wouldn't be the most effective vehicle in the world, but it'd just be fun to have. Base it off a Yamaha Grizzy, Honda Rubicon or Polaris Sportsman.

American surely has no shortage of scout vehicles.

What are we going to do about semi's though? While I get what Focus wanted to do, the American semi's really aren't good in this game, they pale in comparison even next to the C-256. I wouldn't dare take a Ford 9000 or even a Western Star on The Bog for example, but if I had picked my vehicles and only had 1 star left, heck yea I'd throw a C-256 in there, I feel like the American Vehicles are maybe a little to light, I'm not saying they should be amazing off road but come on, on one of the AW maps a log station is literally down a hard packed dirt trail, and the AW semi's can't even make their way through that without winching or being towed 9 times outta 10. It'd be different on a actually muddy trail but hard paced dirt?

@justinlynch3 the was works just fine on the bog, and it's cus the team is based in Europe, most of those countries few us as nothing but belligerent idiots who don't know their own butt from a hole in the ground. I guess, unless you decide to look how the USA is the world super power, I think they just jelly cus our trucks are sexy XD on a serious note, I'm hoping for a m939 cargo truck. They are very well adapted for deep mud and the skidder out preforms the crappy k 700, all that things good for is to waste fuel getting stuck every three feet lol

@kingnightshadow said in Upcoming free dlc:

@justinlynch3 the was works just fine on the bog, and it's cus the team is based in Europe, most of those countries few us as nothing but belligerent idiots who don't know their own butt from a hole in the ground. I guess, unless you decide to look how the USA is the world super power, I think they just jelly cus our trucks are sexy XD on a serious note, I'm hoping for a m939 cargo truck. They are very well adapted for deep mud and the skidder out preforms the crappy k 700, all that things good for is to waste fuel getting stuck every three feet lol

The K-700 is a loader, it's meant for loading. That said I have used it rarely hauling medium log cart, and while it's not great it gets the job done. But sometimes I just tired of using the crane and decides to load trucks with the tractor. And the K-700 does that job perfectly well.

The Skidder is well, a Skidder. It's actually meant for hauling, so yes it should be better then the K-700 in that regard. However this is mainly why I don't view the Skidder as a rival to the K-700, because that are meant for different jobs, different purposes. Skidder is a Hauler, K-700 is a loader. I want another loader. The Skidder more so rivals the trucks then it actually rivals the K-700. The K-700 is still the only loader in the game (other then cranes)

But yea I do wish the American trucks was a little heavier and bit more capable, because a C-256 (also 2WD) will run circles around the likes of a LTL9000 or Bison, I bet a C-256 could probably even keep up to the WS.

One last thing though, why don't we have open access to all vehicles in the game?

There is another 2WD Russian semi besides the C-256, I don't remember the number on it but it spawns in on The Crossing and one of the DLC maps. On The Crossing you find it as a fuel truck, it's that 9 speed semi. Why can't we actually select that thing in the menu? We can select what looks like the 6X6 version of it (just like the 255 is the suped up 6X6 version of the 256), but we can't pick the 2WD 9 speed version in the menus. Why the heck not?

last edited by justinlynch3

@justinlynch3 That 9-speed truck is the C-65115. Speaking of that, that 9-speed transmission is pretty useless, especially in manual mode since the game only lets you use 6 gears. And even in auto, the truck isn't powerful enough to use the top gears. I have this truck modded with a 6-speed transmission where the top gear is still usable with the given torque.

I do agree they should make all trucks selectable. And also maybe make the American semis a little heavier with better traction, though I don't have a strong opinion on that. Even the lightweight Bison actually does OK in mud once you load the back with a 3-point load. But the C-256 certainly needs to be a 2-star vehicle, like the American semis. 1 star doesn't make sense when it outperforms the American 2-star trucks.

@unster said in Upcoming free dlc:

@justinlynch3 That 9-speed truck is the C-65115. Speaking of that, that 9-speed transmission is pretty useless, especially in manual mode since the game only lets you use 6 gears. And even in auto, the truck isn't powerful enough to use the top gears. I have this truck modded with a 6-speed transmission where the top gear is still usable with the given torque.

I do agree they should make all trucks selectable. And also maybe make the American semis a little heavier with better traction, though I don't have a strong opinion on that. Even the lightweight Bison actually does OK in mud once you load the back with a 3-point load. But the C-256 certainly needs to be a 2-star vehicle, like the American semis. 1 star doesn't make sense when it outperforms the American 2-star trucks.

Yea that or they make the LTL, Freightliner and Bison all 1 star given they are 2WD.

Maybe the Freightliner and C-256 can be arguably 2 star on the merit they have crane add ons, but the Bison and LTL should certainly be 1 star. The star system seems kinda random though in this game.

@justinlynch3
It is kind of random and I have the stars adjusted in a few places for better game balance. Devs please take note and consider changing it for everyone :

C-256 - 2 stars instead of 1
K-700 - 3 stars instead of 4
D-538 - 3 stars instead of 4 (and that's with 190K torque instead of the original weak-sauce 120K)
Forwarder - 4 stars instead of 5
Skidder - 3 stars instead of 4

To me, 5 stars mean 8x8 AND ability to carry 8-point loads. 4 stars should be 8x8 OR ability to carry 8-point loads. 3 stars is for the average 6x6 AWD vehicle. 2 stars for RWD trucks (with diff lock) able to carry 3 points or more. 1 star for scout vehicles or max 2-point load carriers.

@unster said in Upcoming free dlc:

@justinlynch3
It is kind of random and I have the stars adjusted in a few places for better game balance. Devs please take note and consider changing it for everyone :

C-256 - 2 stars instead of 1
K-700 - 3 stars instead of 4
D-538 - 3 stars instead of 4 (and that's with 190K torque instead of the original weak-sauce 120K)
Forwarder - 4 stars instead of 5
Skidder - 3 stars instead of 4

To me, 5 stars mean 8x8 AND ability to carry 8-point loads. 4 stars should be 8x8 OR ability to carry 8-point loads. 3 stars is for the average 6x6 AWD vehicle. 2 stars for RWD trucks (with diff lock) able to carry 3 points or more. 1 star for scout vehicles or max 2-point load carriers.

Ah you should check out the topic I just made. I'd love to see how your complete list would look next to my own.

The way I feel is 1 star are vehicles that can't help you complete a course, so scouts basically. 2 star are 2WD logging trucks. Basically anything 6X6 goes into 3 star, what I call the tractor class was 4 star, and all the 8X8's went into 5 star.

I've never used the skidder or k-700 for loading. I use them like a pulling tractor for situations where I'm impossibly stuck and have no other trucks to help me, like on grizzly Creek. I accidentally got into the swamp cus I wasn't looking at the screen, like genius, the Ford and Chevy bison couldn't pull me out cus of how heavy the ( I forget it's name, it's the white truck added with the call) was on the western's trailer so I got the skidder. Pulled it out no problem.

i would like to see some more American maps and vehicles, but i also would not mind seeing a few Russian vehicles added to the game also. 🤔 but if only to choose one it would have to be American i guess. only does it have to be limited to North America? some stuff (mainly maps) from South or Central America would be nice.

m939 cargo truck

If we did get more American stuff what would you guys want? King mentioned a m939 cargo truck before. Far as semi's we already have Ford, Chevy, Freiightliner and Western, so in regards of semi's I think something from the International brand is the next logical step.

Far as scout vehicles the two most iconic American names that are still missing are Dodge and Jeep. So maybe a Dodge 1500 (quarter ton, average full size pick-up) or a Dodge 2500 (half ton). I'd suggest a 3500 (3/4 ton) but I don't think people generally use dually trucks in the woods do they? So a 2500 will probably do.

As for Jeeps, what else could it possibly be, Jeep Wrangler.

Add in some other type of tractor, as I said before something from CAT or John Deere would be nice. Oh!, how about a Bulldozer? We have a loader, we have a skidder, we have a forwarder, but we don't have a dozer yet. That would be interesting to have in game.

Realistically I'd imagine a Dozer being very slow and chug fuel like there's no tomorrow, but in turn the thing would be all but damn near outright unstoppable.

@justinlynch3 said in Upcoming free dlc:

If we did get more American stuff what would you guys want? King mentioned a m939 cargo truck before. Far as semi's we already have Ford, Chevy, Freiightliner and Western, so in regards of semi's I think something from the International brand is the next logical step.

I want to see Hayes HDX or the heaviest Pacific trucks to counter the large Russian ones.
I feel that North American trucks are under-represented. Though to be fair in Alberta we do not use trucks with two steer axles for hauling logs. We like our tridems though.

Far as scout vehicles the two most iconic American names that are still missing are Dodge and Jeep. So maybe a Dodge 1500 (quarter ton, average full size pick-up) or a Dodge 2500 (half ton). I'd suggest a 3500 (3/4 ton) but I don't think people generally use dually trucks in the woods do they? So a 2500 will probably do.

1500/150 is considered "half ton", 2500/250 is 3/4, 3500/350 1 ton. Many 1 tons are single rear wheel and you see mostly 3/4 and 1 tons on the bush roads where I am in Canada. The reason being they are durable and carry the fuel, tools, parts, etc needed each day. As far as dual rear wheel trucks go, you see them more often with service bodies(repair points), flat beds, or pulling trailers and doing heavier duty tasks. It is true that DRW is generally considered to be not as desirable in some harsher conditions. That does not really stop some people from running them even if they do not need the extra GVWR.

They are not all gas, not all diesel, some are straight off a dealer's lot with a slip tank/tool box/welder/etc in the box, some have custom beds/decks, some are custom ordered from a dealer, some are blinged out with lift kits and rims, some are used clapped out junk that they beat into the ground and replace. Depends on the company or individual. Lots of light bars though.

It is worth keeping in mind that in Canada(and I presume USA) we actually build roads, because stuck and broken trucks cost money instead of make it. Can't keep your forestry or oilpatch equipment running 24/7 if each shift gets stuck for hours on their way to and from work. Downtime costs money. Access mats are also used by oil patch companies, not so much loggers from what I have seen, but that probably depends on location.

Also important is that our logging trucks carry tire chains and put them on when needed. This is not represented at all in Mudrunner, and was barely represented in SpinTires. Chaining up at a garage is false, they go on in the field when you need them, then come off when you do not need them.

Realistically I'd imagine a Dozer being very slow and chug fuel like there's no tomorrow, but in turn the thing would be all but damn near outright unstoppable.

In the real world forestry&road building equipment has more than enough fuel to last a shift. It is somewhat hard to represent that with accelerated in-game time when only one player is switching between everything and equipment is not being used as it would in real life.
If we cannot use a dozer to punch in new roads, I would at least like to see a grader to fix existing roads... but then the game's artificial challenge starts to be removed in favour of realism.

Personally I like mountains, so naturally want to see mountains.

Ah thanks, I thought 1500 was quarter ton, but it's actually half ton. Nice insight though.

I imagine whatever vehicles the devs would use would be 80's or 90's era, or older. Doesn't seem like they like to include many vehicles that to new.

I've been thinking, it'll probably be another Russian map and trucks. I'm hopping for a heavy hauler, like the ones used to pull 2-3 log trailers. That would be awesome

I've been thinking, it'll probably be another Russian map and trucks. I'm hopping for a heavy hauler, like the ones used to pull 2-3 log trailers. That would be awesome

I can already pull 3 loads at one, 4 if I wanted to but I usually like carrying a gas can. All you gotta do is have 2 trucks with logs cart trailers, and at least 1 with a log cart on the truck itself. Then use the winch to link them together. lol

@justinlynch3 lol I know that, I mean one beefy truck able to do that without it being a 8x8

@justinlynch3 lol I know that, I mean one beefy truck able to do that without it being a 8x8

Well a C-255 by itself with no helper truck can carry 3 loads using the winch. I had to skip the hill part, unfortunately the bloody rocks at the bottom got in my way and caused problems. But you can see the rest of the trip went fine, this hauling 2 small loads and a medium load.

Youtube Video

last edited by justinlynch3