A lot of bugs on the Mudrunner editor

There are constant errors and crashes, including never ending popups with various warnings that are stuck on an infinite loop. Including height problems(disabling the steam overlay only partially fixes it, rebuilding the terrain doesn't fix it either) Like this

"11/07/17 12:41:25> System| instance.instanceLOD != TERRAIN_PLANT::INSTANCE_LOD_NULL: failed (TerrainPlantsBrand.cpp, 1299)"

Here's an example of the height problems
alt text

Here for the full log.txt
http://www.mediafire.com/file/u6569lngc6jjs8l/Log.txt

I haven't included the dump files because they are well over 1GB

last edited by DrJester

This issue allready existed in old editor. It still don't like too steep slopes!
Thus, preview and editing mode are not the same.
Only way to prevent it, is to keep slopes smooth and if you want "vertical terrain", create it with objects (rocks) 😉

Crap! So it will never be fixed!

Now I just need to find a work around for the *.cpp errors, because I can't even place a rock without the error popping up now.

Lol, Im too crazy with cliffs, fixing them by careful flattening takes time.

I wonder if this is what causes some of the overlay issues Ive been getting.

last edited by Leenuks

@leenuks said in A lot of bugs on the Mudrunner editor:

Lol, Im too crazy with cliffs, fixing them by careful flattening takes time.

I wonder if this is what causes some of the overlay issues Ive been getting.

You're gettin "overlay conflict" message?
Editor only allows one overlay per block. If you have more, it's cutting out the others!

@drjester
Cliffs are nice, just cant make them that high. Just make them lower, for a gameplay 2m cliff is obstacle good enough.
On a second picture, can you see red/white cube? If you can squeez your cliff in that (its height), it will work properly.

@sodoma said in A lot of bugs on the Mudrunner editor:

@drjester
Cliffs are nice, just cant make them that high. Just make them lower, for a gameplay 2m cliff is obstacle good enough.
On a second picture, can you see red/white cube? If you can squeez your cliff in that (its height), it will work properly.

I was making them as a way to separate the terrain, since the view in game is limited. Gave that extra illusion of space. I'll try that when the editor is patched to deal with the *.cpp errors. Because, currently, I can't even turn the camera without the error popping up and going in an infinite loop. Then, I'll need to force the editor to close via task manager.