What happened to the Mudrunner Facebook/Twitter pages?

Both have been mysteriously deleted, why @Iyagovos @Netheos ??

Maybe due to game's name change from Spintires: Mudrunner to Mudrunner like they did on Steam?

very true, how many have noticed the original game has changed it's name? it is now called "SpinTires, The Original Game" Oovee held the right to the ST name and only makes sense they (focus) is moving away from it. i mean i know i would not want to give Oovee money because of the name rights. the Oovee fiasco made them enough money.

yeah iv noticed that too, its just mudrunner now no spintires anymore but it was gonna happen sooner or later

🤔 sooner would have never been too late. :face_with_stuck-out_tongue_winking_eye: lol

Hello,

The pages didn't disapear but we had to update their names.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MudRunnerVideoGame/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/PlayMudRunner

Have a nice day!

@8up-local said in What happened to the Mudrunner Facebook/Twitter pages?:

very true, how many have noticed the original game has changed it's name? it is now called "SpinTires, The Original Game" Oovee held the right to the ST name and only makes sense they (focus) is moving away from it. i mean i know i would not want to give Oovee money because of the name rights. the Oovee fiasco made them enough money.

What was the fiasco?

@justinlynch3 the fiasco was more than just oovee btw, pavel is just as guilty in my book. i am referring to the way things were handled during and after that time (timebomb incident) also the way info was withheld for so long. i know there were things that could not be disclosed because of selling the title to focus, but still the way things happened and were handled at that time was ridiculous towards the community. they had their tiff and the community felt it. think of how many players gave u[p on the game once that communication ceased and we were left to our own until Focus gave us their MR release news. the original game made some good money, however the support and updating that was supposed to have happened fell quite short. hence, to me "they made enough money already with their fiasco".

i still have a soft spot for the original game and would play it again.... IF.... they can show to me that they (oovee) is taking things and the community more seriously this time.

last edited by A Former User

@netheos Are you going to be updating the game logo too? It still has the Spintires name.

@unster said in What happened to the Mudrunner Facebook/Twitter pages?:

@netheos Are you going to be updating the game logo too? It still has the Spintires name.

On which page? Logos should have been updated as well.

@netheos

• the forum's mobile page header image
  • steam workshop:
    workshop
  • the videos on the steam shop site
  • also the videos and some steam pages still have the old social media site names/URLs (i.e. DLC page)
  • the forum links on top (to the right of the header image) also still have old URLs

i'll keep you updated if i find more 😄

@hydrowasul Thanks! They should all be updated in a few days max.

@netheos What hydrowasul said. What I had in mind was the game logo on Steam, the same logo that's in the workshop. Also your Facebook page still references Spintires.

@unster said in What happened to the Mudrunner Facebook/Twitter pages?:

@netheos What hydrowasul said. What I had in mind was the game logo on Steam, the same logo that's in the workshop. Also your Facebook page still references Spintires.

The workshop visual should be updated now. As for Facebook, some posts can't be edited sadly. Thanks for the report!

@netheos No problem. I did see the updated logo on Steam last night. I guess you're aware that the game's main menu still has Spintires on it too. This could be a good time to update the game with some bug fixes, along with a new menu screen. 🙂 But I hope you guys don't just update the game menu and nothing else, as that would force me to redo all my game tweaks for nothing. But if the update comes with some good bug fixes, I'll happily take it.

@unster this is why you should save your game files of the main game folders, etc... once you have them set up. then if an update comes and changes your stuff, all you will need to do is just copy/paste all your files in one go. myself and others have been doing it like this for years now, after all, updates for this game have always liked to break mods and reset game files. i keep my game files copied right to my desktop so it is an easy copy/paste fix when it happens.

@unster I'll relay that to the team, I'm sure something is planned on that front. We have a free DLC planned, meaning there will be some additional content and buf fixes, for sure.

As 8sup local said above, I'd still recommend to save your game files.

Oh I certainly do save my files. It's just that when an update comes along, I don't know what all changed and I don't want to overwrite possible changes just by dumping my saved files over them. So basically I end up merging files one by one. It's not too bad, just takes some time.

@unster but once you have a basic folder set up, just add or remove the current file/files you are working with. every once and a while i always go through and re-update the folder to keep it current also. never hurts, might take a few mins, but always well worth it to me.

@Netheos i have also noticed it still says Spintires: MudRunner in the Steam common folder for the game folder.