LOD models through scope

Okay so another thing I noticed is that when you look into the scope, you can usually see LOD models in the distance.
It really looks stupid and the rendering distances of the HQ models should be moved further away depending on the scope's magnification:
alt text
What's weird is that the bots seem to have a pretty HQ model, but the world has this really nasty LOD model, which I'm sure looks fine from a distance, but not when you zoom in on it.

there should be an option to set these rendering distances to high if your pc can take the performance hit.

@snakelegionnaire said in LOD models through scope:

there should be an option to set these rendering distances to high if your pc can take the performance hit.

I don't think setting the rendering distance to this high would make sense. No real PC could handle that properly.
There's a reason for LOD (level of detail) models.
What NWI needs to check is when you're aiming down the scope, the area where the player is aiming at needs to render high models while the area that is very close to the player, doesn't need to be rendered in high quality models. (might sound weird, but the player doesn't see, what's close to him when he/she is aiming down the scope.

This still happens with the current CTE (v1.2)

Scopes make distant objects look like they're made from Play-Doh

Very sad to hear that. Especially now that the Barrett is out, I'd love to deliver some democracy from great distances.