Done Bye

I tried to get used to this game but it doesn’t feel good to me.

I gave it as much time as I could, it just plays way too weighted and different than Source for me to enjoy.

Perhaps after some updates it will be closer to its original charm but for now, I can’t deal with randomized ADS and the big recoil spike on the 2nd or 3rd shot, head glitching, unbalanced maps, etc etc etc.

Maybe in a year the game will be better but for now, I’m just too tired of playing games with the same stupid issues over and over hoping that they get fixed eventually.

Thanks for letting us know.

By the way, tomorrow I will be having some roasted potatoes with a fried egg and some salad.

cant agree more. later nerds

@mr-rain said in Done Bye:

I gave it as much time as I could, it just plays way too weighted and different than Source for me to enjoy.

I have no idea what that’s supposed to mean. You mean the movement doesn’t feel smooth enough? Of course it will feel different going to a different engine, and it should. I don’t want this to be Insurgency with better graphics and new maps, it should actually be different.

I can’t deal with randomized ADS

ADS is always in the center of the screen.

and the big recoil spike on the 2nd or 3rd shot,

There’s no “spike”, that’s just normal recoil.

head glitching,

Existed in the previous Insurgency and DOI.

unbalanced maps

Yeah because Sinjar and Panj were totally balanced.

I criticize the game too, but these posts are just obnoxious. You’re leaving? Okay, bye. We’ll tell you when we care that you left.

Pretty much proving my point...

The movement doesn’t feel right to me and yes I do want Insurgency with better graphics and new maps.. Not sure why that’s surprising.

Not saying at all Source was perfect hence why I said ‘Charm’ and not pefect.

Sinjar, Panj, Heights and others aren’t balanced either I agree and I always hate ever trying to play those 3 in particular.

Source could’ve been tweaked better with adding more balance and adjusting spawn locations but all that was dropped to make Sandstorm. Which is fine.

ADS doesn’t feel the same, that’s all I can say. Idk how it works I’m not a dev. If it’s center-screen then why does it feel inconsistent compared to source? Why does my aim feel off in this game but not source? Why is the difference so noticeable to me and others?

Yes Sandstorm is a work in progress and I expect it to be far better a year from now. I’m just tired of playing these games that have the same consistent issues time and time again. I know game developing is difficult and it takes time but for now, I can’t deal with it anymore.

If I could get my money back I would. But instead I invested my time trying to get used to this game. At the state it is in currently, I simply cannot.

Bye.

@Mr-Rain
Nice of you to actually list some reasons for your decision (no sarcasm btw.)

I think the movement is much better now. The movement was something I really disliked in the earlier beta versions of the game. It felt weird and especially sliding was also pretty op. I like the movement know with the exception of vaulting, which is a bit unreliable at the moment.

Not liking the visual style of a game is fair and square, but it is obviously very subjective. I like the style in total but I wish the colors would be a bit less saturated.

Map balance is something that develops over time as mentioned.

@mefirst said in Done Bye:

@Mr-Rain
Nice of you to actually list some reasons for your decision (no sarcasm btw.)

I think the movement is much better now. The movement was something I really disliked in the earlier beta versions of the game. It felt weird and especially sliding was also pretty op. I like the movement know with the exception of vaulting, which is a bit unreliable at the moment.

Not liking the visual style of a game is fair and square, but it is obviously very subjective. I like the style in total but I wish the colors would be a bit less saturated.

Map balance is something that develops over time as mentioned.

I wasn’t able to play during beta because my PC couldn’t handle it. It wasn’t until Christmas that I got my new PC and immediatey began trying out the game. My only context is comparing Sandstorm to Source. I don’t see why that’s such a hard concept for some people to understand that I expect a sequel to a game to play like its previous iteration. It does NOT have to be on a 1:1 scale, I can handle that. Right now though, it feels like a 1:10 scale. These differences are highly noticeable and uncomfortable for my play style. It feels like I have to work twice as hard in Sandstorm to pull off the same things I’ve done in Source.

I don’t care about visuals, never been a problem for me in particular. What I do care about is core gameplay and everything that effects it. This would include animations that aren’t consistent with character movements. Again, I know this will eventually be fixed I’m just too far fatigued (since 2014) to keep playing a game that feels inferior to its predecessor in regards to core gameplay experience (minus visuals and some good tweaks in Sandstorm of course).

It’s not a matter of trying to defend Sandstorm or saying that it’s fine the way it is. The devs admit a know they have a long road ahead of them. I’m just tired of playing passenger and waiting for these games to be in a state where I can enjoy it. Right now as-is I cannot. I gave it nearly 90 hours and I feel like a fish out of water. That alone should tell you something’s not quite right. (1700+ hours in Source btw)

If the core gameplay wasn’t changed as drastically as it was, (namely gunplay) I wouldn’t care as much about the other issues.

@mr-rain said in Done Bye:

If the core gameplay wasn’t changed as drastically as it was, (namely gunplay) I wouldn’t care as much about the other issues.

THIS!! I wouldn't care if the game was the same as it was now but just the gunplay was changed to what it used to be. At least it would "feel" right. maybe in a few months maybe a year. But it really frustrates me to play ATM.