[Editor] installation mess and height/mud bug
  1. Mudrunner editor does not create an AppData folder, instead it seems using the AppData folder from Spintires. This causes that Spintires and MudRunner editors are sharing the same folder. Big mess! My previous Spintires maps can’t be opened after that. Now I have to repair everything. Thank you for that … 😞

2. MudRunner editor does not work properly on basic actions like height brush and mud, see screenshot attached:

alt text

last edited by Dexter Paris

@dexter-paris said in [Editor] installation mess and height/mud bug:

1. Mudrunner editor does not create an AppData folder, instead it seems using the AppData folder from Spintires. This causes that Spintires and MudRunner editors are sharing the same folder. Big mess! My previous Spintires maps can’t be opened after that. Now I have to repair everything. Thank you for that … 😞

2. MudRunner editor does not work properly on basic actions like height brush and mscreenshot attached:

Explains a lot... I kind of wondered when I was poking around in the files. I have not tested mud yet but distributions dont seem to work correctly for me and I cannot for the life of me get a truck to spawn when I try my custom map in single player. Thinking we need an editor section in the forums.

last edited by Drifter

to get a truck, you name it as per truck xml names (without the .xml) so, kraz255 etc. Then you need one set to active and not locked.

To avoid flying grass, stones etc. try to deactivate steam overlay πŸ˜‰

Thanks Schlammi! That solved the problem! That was new for me … lol

No wonder I was having that problem in the old editor with my map. Grrrr.
Thankfully I made zip backups.

An Editing forum would be nice.

I have an overlay conflict that spits the dummy with 'refs0 + 1 <16: failed (c:\dev\sources\spintireslib\TerrainGeomOverlay.h 71)' or 81

I thought I fixed this by deleting the dirt road overlay at the conflict. But now it seems every overlay now has a conflict.

last edited by Leenuks

@leenuks said in [Editor] installation mess and height/mud bug:

No wonder I was having that problem in the old editor with my map. Grrrr.
Thankfully I made zip backups.

An Editing forum would be nice.

I have an overlay conflict that spits the dummy with 'refs0 + 1 <16: failed (c:\dev\sources\spintireslib\TerrainGeomOverlay.h 71)' or 81

I thought I fixed this by deleting the dirt road overlay at the conflict. But now it seems every overlay now has a conflict.

Try rebuilding the terrain.

You will be able to do that, until you have so much that the editor will simply refuse to build and freeze..like me πŸ˜•

I rebuild frequently. This problem still exists no matter how many rebuilds I do.
At first I thought it was a duplicate overlay ontop of another. Nope.

I had exactly the same problem with these 71 & 81 errors and rebuilding the terrain works fine for me. Just try to do it between the error popups.

Thanks a lot @DrJester !