Automatic call outs exploit? (Answered)

When you are on an objective your character calls out that they are taking it. If an enemy player moves onto the obj you are on, then moves off, then moves on again, your character will call out that they are taking the obj AGAIN. This gives away your position to the other team. I've noticed it happening more and more in competitive.

Doing this ''exploit?'' you can easily find out where the enemy players are on an obj and toss a grenade without actually having to risk clearing anything yourself.

-Possible solution-
A longer cool down on automatic call outs when taking an obj.

last edited by Turyl

This is a great point. So many times my automatic callouts have away my position when I was playing stealthy.

What's up with that?

Honestly i think it's a good thing most of the time, yea it's annoying sometimes but i think it keeps the game play moving more quickly. Also it's pretty intense / useful to hear everyone around you yelling what they are doing.

With that said, this little exploit takes it too far.

I do agree with you though, when I've made my way across the map clearing everything with a suppressed weapon alone, the last thing i want is my character screaming ''RELOADING'' behind enemy lines....

Possible solution?

• Your character can only call out reloads when a teammate is nearby
last edited by Turyl

@turyl said in Automatic call outs exploit?:

Possible solution?

• Your character can only call out reloads when a teammate is nearby

There's basically no reason to call a reload with no friendlies nearby, so this makes sense.

Could you please record a video and show that this is in fact valid issue (ofc from perspective of the so called "exploiter") ?

Most automatic callouts do not propagate towards enemy team for this exact reason.

@arc said in Automatic call outs exploit?:

Could you please record a video and show that this is in fact valid issue (ofc from perspective of the so called "exploiter") ?

Most automatic callouts do not propagate towards enemy team for this exact reason.

I can't really compete with a NWI Employee, but what he's saying is factually correct.

The only callouts an enemy can hear are...

Any options from the voice wheel
Any calls for fire support (Both Commander and Observer)
Any sounds made as a result of suppression / injury (Not 100% sure about being suppressed, but definitely on hit and injury)

Callouts that are generated outside of your control such as "Man Down", "Reloading", Objective related callouts, Last Man Standing callouts, reporting enemy fire support or friendly danger-close, and calling out teammates for FF are ones that are only heard on your team to my knowledge, in addition to more that fill similar roles and conditions.

Keep in mind, this might not be an issue in regards to enemy players finding you by your call outs. Be aware that if you're not pressing ALT to slow walk, you're going to make noise while standing, crouched, and prone. Even aiming and reloading makes a little bit of noise, and that's all a perceptive hostile needs to try and frag your room, or rush in.

last edited by Goat Walrus

@goat-walrus He said “most automatic call outs”.

@arc

Thank you for clarifying that. I tried to do it myself and i couldn't hear the enemy call out anything. 🙂

The reason i thought this was happening was because the objective was flashing as if someone was stepping on and off of it. The replay proved this wasn't the case but didn't show the flashing obj. Not sure what causes it.

@tooth-decay And I made sure to point out that some of the reactive automatic ones like getting hit or dying do generate noise the enemy can hear. The vast majority of automatic callouts won't divulge your position.