ADS should center where u aim not where the center of the view is

its annoying, with lasersight really noticable and without it something allways feels off
im pretty shure i miss 30% of my close fights because of it, i aim first and than ajust under ads - now i have to double ajust because the ads is no where near where i thought it is - ( laser just confirmed that for me)

last edited by sHo0

I know there’s something that’s messing up my ADS consistency, I’m not sure what it is.

It feels a little sluggish like my character’s fumbling to line-up the irons.

Everything feels perfect for me.

Try turning picture in picture mode OFF in scope settings.

@Mr-Rain

@turyl

I’ve done that thinking the same. I also have my graphics settings lowered so my fps stays consistent.

It’s not an easy thing for me to explain but I do still feel like the ADS isn’t consistent.

@Mr-Rain
Could it be as simple as you have too much weight?

The more gear you have the slower your character is in general, including ADS

Also , smaller lighter guns have faster ADS

last edited by Turyl

@turyl

I’ve ran light loadouts, no optics, foregrips, compensators, etc.

It’s not something that occurs every single time. I think it’s something with moving/turning while ADS that feels off...

I have to keep testing things out and record more to see if I can zero-in on the issue.

I made a video that included a clip of where my ADS was off, and compared it to a quick shot I had in Source (2014). It’s only 1 example and I would need to replicate that a few times to find the similarities.

Just my two cents...

I think ADS should be centre screen and non-ADS should be wherever it's pointing.

If I see a target in reality, I'm going to turn my face and eyes to bear on it. If subsequently raise my weapon, I'm going to raise it dead-centre on where I'm looking as I'm looking dead centre at a human being who's intending to kill me.

If I have the weapon shouldered but my eyes are above my sights for peripheral view, that weapon isn't going to be dead centre where I'm looking the whole time. I feel the current system models this perfectly.

If your suggestion is followed, it models a scenario where you bring your eye to the rifle. I feel this is wrong and the current model which better represents bringing the rifle to your eye is more in-line with reality.

I disagree. I like the fact when you move your mouse a little, the gun aims slightly out from the centre of your screen. It's an interesting mechanic. Plus, this also means you have ti pay a little more attention to where you are actually going to aim when you ADS.

yes, it has got me killed more times than a miss-thrown grenade.. But i like the mechanic.

The non ads is uncentered and it's intended, and then when you aim it aims where your guy is pointing and centers the screen around that position. I don't really get what you're talking about. It feels fine for me, I play sniper and I do a lot of cqc with it.

that doesnt make sense ..... you should ADS where you are looking .. pretty much every FPS got it like that and IRL you do so too ..

@n4thani3l
You do ads where you are looking, based on the center of the screen, how it should be.

When you bring a guns sight up to your eye irl , muscle memory brings it to the same place every time, it wouldn't make sense for this game to throw muscle memory out the window and ADS at the last random point your gun was pointing. It would be an unnecessarily unnatural moment to have to think about.

With that said, i do like the fact that when you are NOT ADS there is a slight left to right allowance for your weapon to sway.

This adds emphasis to the importance of aiming down your sights to shoot, again, this is how it should be.

last edited by Turyl

@turyl well that is what I`m saying 🙂 .. what OP is suggesting makes no sense .. .. so game has it right and there is no need for changing anything..

last edited by N4thani3l

@n4thani3l

I feel there is a need for change but idk what it is.

The best I can say is responsiveness of the ADS. It feels too wormy/sluggish and inconsistent with movement.

If I’m sitting still, I’m a laser. If I am moving in any direction at any pace, I’m at a big disadvantage.

Something with movement and ADS just doesn’t feel responsive. I’m definitely missing something, I just don’t know what it is. My reactions are fine and I’m moving where I think my ADS will be, but lo and behold, I’m off...

@mr-rain I noticed the same thing you are talking about but only when i had picture in picture mode on. I'm sure whatever the problem is it could be resolved by playing with the settings.. odd

@turyl

Yeah, I’ll toggle that back off again and see how it feels. But yeah, I hope that it’s merely some buggy animation or something that may get patched soon.
It’s just turn to a love/hate relation lol. I love the game! But I hate how ADS feels in certain situations.

@mr-rain to me it feels fine, not sure what could cause it for you. When I ADS I'm pretty much already aiming where I want as it is in centre of screen so it is just muscle memory. I don't look at laser at all. Not even for hipfire

Do you have VSync on? That can cause lag and sluggish feeling.

@n4thani3l

I got V-Sync off.

It’s very situational but I’ll figure it out. I may just need to up my sensitivity a little.

I've just tested this out with the laser sight. Indeed this is a huge problem. Your laser points to certain area, so you immediately focus on that part, only to realise, that when you actually aim down your sight, the reticle's center is at the center of the screen, not where the laser was pointing to.
I hope this gets fixed.

@sgt-kanyo said in ADS should center where u aim not where the center of the view is:

I've just tested this out with the laser sight. Indeed this is a huge problem. Your laser points to certain area, so you immediately focus on that part, only to realise, that when you actually aim down your sight, the reticle's center is at the center of the screen, not where the laser was pointing to.
I hope this gets fixed.

I’ll test this out on Monday and see if I get the same results.
If this is the case, that might be what I’m experiencing. That the ADS goes center-screen and not where the barrel is aiming.

Theory Time!
If this is true:

My barrel is pointed downward and I ADS which adjusts to center screen, then that will push my gun higher than I expect my ADS to be, which means my first shot is going to miss, and the recoil is going to pop the gun higher and higher making it impossible for me to land any of my shots.

^This would explain what I’m feeling. That in certain instances, I have to fight my ADS a lot more than I feel I should be. So if the ADS is changing where I’m actually aiming at, that would certainly throw me off. So if my weapon is aiming anywhere except center screen, in theory, it would take longer for the animation to play and as OP and others say, I would have to double-adjust my aim.

(I know people want realism, but this game also is ‘supposed’ to play with some arcade-like elements. Meaning gunplay should be difficult but responsive. If I’m feeling sluggish or inaccurate, I want to know why. If it’s because the ADS mixed with some movements are punishing the player, I want to know what that threshold is. I want to know how I can combat the game and continue using my play style. Right now, I have to play in a weird stop-go type playstyle because if I move an inch as an enemy sees me, I’ll be at a large disadvantage and typically lose the fight. )

If this isn’t the case:
Then, I’d have to go back to my theory that the animation is either janky, slow or both and again, in certain situations.